Wasteworld

Well, parts of this model are used already in some of my other models, frankly.
I'm having in mind making a specific unit with those materials, but it might not look like this specific one.

However if none created this ever, I will eventually give it a shot(this doesn't mean tomorrow. I have so little time and too many obligations i've chosen to mod only when I really feel like it). It's a too good unit to get wasted as a model only.

And yes, I have to add incentive to players to actually play the mod, since many just dload the units. For the record, almost none of those is done yet. These are previews. So they'll be released after my mod is done. There are other uses for those, but I don't reveal my cards before getting my money. ;)

On behalf of Greeks, I'll greet you back(and tell you I didn't got a word you said, as I don't speak croatian, I assume they're what the translation says though, since the first word has common routes).

Oh, wait, I heard something about a greek province of Macedonia... I thought you were from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, where they mostly understand serbo-croatian, cause it was kinda the official language for about 50 years... Oh, well, nevermind :)
Ok on the units, I`ll await patiently.
Thanks for your answer!

So it's been a while I've had time to actually create full units, but I thought starting on Vault worker a good idea(which I did yesterday).
I have limited time still, so I'm guessing it will take me this entire week to complete(has some complex for me stuff to animate)minimum.

But here's an early preview of the run. He's grabbing something that could be called a pipboy(more on that while you'll play the mod).

Attachments

• run.gif
    run.gif
    102 KB · Views: 192
Ok, my progress so far:
-finished with the map(uses Warwind FO terrain, Pounders chainlink fence for borders and portion of the normal graphics
is a modification of an existing map)
-finished with resources files(priorly used plus a few of mine I thought would be nice to see--36 total)
-finished with the tech tree
-1/3 of the buildings is done
-about 1% of the units is done but I have 2/3 of the models I want to use
-Starting with the city graphics

more later on as I build stuff.

Btw, here is the new units page with those I can display. I changed a bit the glowing one so it more closely resembles the one from the game, at least i like to believe so.

Attachments

• Image38.jpg
    Image38.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 176
I have lots of stuff available and keep downloding more in every instance(cause you never know when they'll come to be handy). It helps a lot with this mod, since I making most of it by myself. But if I can see something is doable I'll give it a shot myself. Below is the start of my style cities as I said.
Adobe styled houses. I have more images, but don't know how to post many pics in one page and I don't want to post more than 3 in a row if possible. So the rest, next time.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 134
Well, you have the freelancer, who's not working on something specific, so they create on request or randomly some graphics or units and they post them, since why would they keep it anyway? Which I respect a lot, cause most of them are great artists, but you see I work for a project.

And you have the project developer. Working for a project requires stuff that are more or less exclusive to that project, else why would I make a MOD, as opposed to scenario if it has nothing new(that you haven't seen elsewhere, and OFCOURSE if I release my stuff before the mods are completed, I WILL see them all over the place, so why should I do that?)

If you'd follow the projects from the start you'd know I'm planning to officialy release the creations a month after each mod is out for playing. It just takes time since I prefer to work alone and I don't have too much time, anyway. I'm currently spending some of my vacation time for this, since when I'm working I have nearly no time at all.

Anyway, I'm searching for the materials I want to make a new style of death for the worker and the other animations so i've toyed with this airunit anim.

It's the Rotocopter, original design by RotorCorp Ltd., a pre-war(Fictional) company that rivaled the Vertibird production company. I attached two missiles for the attack, but I don't know if I can animate them, so if not it will be turned to a transport instead. The anim is slow here but I checked it in game and it looks fine.

Also, sneak peak of the map in it's early stages. I forgot to mention it also includes radmarsh from Pounder as well as the above mentioned stuff. I might make some cosmetic changes but prolly this is what you shall see in the mod.

Attachments

• Animation2.gif
    Animation2.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Wasterworld.jpg
    Wasterworld.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 245
So a little update, since it's been a while I had one. I promised someone to make this so they could see some of the graphics. I think it's clear I'm on very early stages(and the units need better palettes, but since they were rendered, I thought of displaying.)
Present are units for the worker, Ianesque type of units(I'm still thinking of names for that), some resources and the final city size 1. For Vaults anyway(a bit inaccurate as it's more like Shady sands, but I thought it looks like something primitive one would have if they just made it even with the help of a G.E.C.K.). Vcitien and VShotgunner should be familiar already, to those who searched this thread already before.

P.s. Thank you Beboy, they're Warwind's actually, lovely work really.

Attachments

• wasteworld2.jpg
    wasteworld2.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 176
Well, if you can make adobe houses that look as good as your recent work on our hometown churches, you have yourself an offer to do the set.

Now I was talking about mutants on FO in Thorgrim's thread the other day. For comparison purposes, here's a pic, I think it was created for Civ2 originally?!?
There are 3 of them bottom left. Next to them are 2 Ghouls(one classic, one glowing one) I'm thinking of rendering their anims this wknd so here they are the way they're supposed to look in game(thus bmp format selected).

Attachments

• ALLCHAR.jpg
    ALLCHAR.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 139
  • ghoul1.bmp
    75.1 KB · Views: 123
  • glow1.bmp
    75.1 KB · Views: 104
  • glow2.bmp
    75.1 KB · Views: 103
No, it's very hard to convert them, cause Fallout doesn't have 8 direction faces but 6 so you have to copy and rotate some, which I'm not too potent with doing(and resizing etc trouble).

Also the FO Mod team is doing some of those or already did them, in which case I'll have to use theirs and only create mine if they'll delay their release too much. For this reason and because some of their members(e.g. Aaglo) are not familiar with the game looks, I posted this picture.

Also, I'm not a model maker. I can use and mix what's available to the desired ends, but some things are off limits to me.
If you'll check out the pics I posted in the thread you'll see I'm doing most of the humanoids(and wanted to do the SM's but I didn't get a proper model on time, however, Aaglo's interpretation leaves space for me creating SM's as well), so let's say that I have models for:

Top Row--Dweller, Leather Armor, Leather jacket, close to metal armor, exact combat armor, close to power armor(I'm improving this though), Apocalypse follower, Jet Junkie, merchant man, will do the shady sands guard, not really interested on the mayor(but will create him anyway and see how he fits), I want to do Aradesh, the citizen, hm, maybe.
Second Row--She dweller, Will prolly do the she leather armor, might do the she leather jacket, maybe will do the femme metal and combat armors, the next two are identical to the top row, not do the black metal armor, have Tycho already, have made Ian(in the screen shot, but needs palettes), have the 2 hookers will do the two raiders and prolly not the metal.
Third Row--I think Thor team will do the Deathclaw, but I have similar models and will try it too, The master is too difficult for me to do currently, Thor's team made the little bot, but since I have the model(by thor's team) I want to try my interpretation eventually, Handyman was made by Flamand, Brainbot was made by Flamand, Redhead dweller I have and will do, Black dweller I have with blonde hair as worker, Overseer I want to do(is not really deviating from my existing models), the dwarf I can do.
Fourth Row--still searching for molerat potent model, Radscorpion made by Flamand, Brahmin I think I made, Centaur I have, Open power Armor exists as Sarge conversion by Thor, but I may try it if the P.A. model works well, flavor unit, There's no real use for the desk seated one, I might do it as a standing one.
Fifth Row--Like said Aaglo is doing the mutants, Ghouls I'm rendering this wknd (just need to interpret their motion well), pigrat same as molerat, critters those I can do I will(floater seems to be the hardest for a non modeller) and overseer alter version is not needed like this.

There is also some units from the second game and then again my own ideas of the progression of the series(considering that since the FO Mod starts right after the war, I have chosen to go after FO 2 or thereabouts as to not clash with their version significantly).
Also there are units made(Highwayman, Rocket robot etc) made by Flamand that are not displayed here. I'm aiming for at least 45 new units, but we'll see.

Hope this answers your question.

Hey Flame, I got some fallout critter models, Geckos all types, Deathclaw, Giant Ant, Giant Mantis, Wanamingo. Would you want the models to animate? Because the Fallout mod critter civ sure could use those critters. That way you could also use them for the Wasteland Mod.

Nobody else will animate them.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Þórgrímr :nuke:

Hm, sure pm me the link, in case you get a crash again(let's hope not of course) and that work is lost.

But the problem is they're not rigged(which drove me in searching for other models for the Deathclaw though I have it from you I think). Poser 7 supposedly gives you the ability to make your own models so its rigging processes might be easier on the user, or I could contact someone on Poser forums to rig them for me, or educate me analytically in the process(Rigging is the difficult part here, since they don't carry weapons and such, so their animations can be done one way or the other.)

I already have bought a Poser rigged Ant model and there is one made already as a Unit here(you can prolly get it if you'll search with name), but if it looks closer to the FO one, we'll see. For the others it's a question mark. But if I have them, maybe I can try them as I expand my knowledge. My best suggestion would be to work around them and add them as a patch(it will take me time for sure even if I can do them).

Especially for the Wanamingo I don't know. Feel the Rads is a great modeller, but his models look complicated when you open them in poser(take the APA for instance). Btw, I noticed he posted in the Bethesda FO 3 forums the other day.

If he could remake his humanoid/Humanoid acting(Deathclaw, Wanamingo, Gecko, Mantis)models to cover the paperdoll when in zero pose, I could probably convert them to clothing and work from there.

I'll fetch a screen shot of the paperdoll in zero pose if needed. You can prolly also give him the paperdoll obj from Kinboat's thread for that purpose.
(I think if you open the obj in any program it's zeroed.

Top Bottom