WC 2006: Group E

Nah, they reached exactly the result they both needed to (in an actually rather exciting match with not a trace of any sort of gentleman's agreement until the very end).

Of course, following the news a bit, Italians are experts when it comes to match-fixing though so maybe they know better :D.

jameson said:
Nah, they reached exactly the result they both needed to (in an actually rather exciting match with not a trace of any sort of gentleman's agreement until the very end).

Of course, following the news a bit, Italians are experts when it comes to match-fixing though so maybe they know better :D.

Not all italians.. Juventini. :p

Basically,

IF USA ties with Italy and beats Ghana (that is, 4 points) the USA can get through if either:

- Czech rep. loses to both Ghana and Italy
- Czech loses 3-0 to Ghana and then draws with Italy while USA wins 4-0 with Ghana (or the opposite: Czechs lose 4-0 and USA wins 3-0)
- Czech draws with Ghana and loses 3-0 to Italy while USA wins 4-0 with Ghana (same as before with inverted 4-0 and 3-0)
- Italy loses 3-0 to Czechs while USA wins 3-0 (or more) with Ghana

If Italy loses 3-1 to Czechs and USA wins 3-0 or more with Ghana, the rules say that they'll draw for the team that will go through :eek:

So, in other words, if USA don't beat Italy now, they would need a miracle

woodelf said:
Exactly my point. I need to watch ESPN2's coverage with the mute button on.
Better still: switch internet-radio coverage on from a country where people actually know something about football. I suppose BBC-radio would broadcast it online.

British members: please post a link to such a net-radio site

Rik Meleet said:
Better still: switch internet-radio coverage on from a country where people actually know something about football. I suppose BBC-radio would broadcast it online.

British members: please post a link to such a net-radio site

Thanks. That's a great idea.

That might be difficult due legal restrictions. German online radios may only broadcast the WM to users from Germany. I would imagine it is the same for the UK and BBC. I tried to tune in BBC's live 5 during a match and it didn't work.
Maybe it was due to my computer acting up, or maybe it was said legal restriction.

BBC also offers live video stream from the matches, but they are only available to UK users for sure.

The BBC are showing their live matches on TV and online although it says its only available to UK users.

I think they do an ip check to ensure you are from the UK. Can't find a reliable anonymous UK proxy to test it, however.

I can guarantee my IP isn't UK. Maybe I'll get lucky and Tommy Smyth will do the game I'm watching tonight.

It looks like that Baroš's injury is more serious than it was thought, it is not clear, if he will be able to play in next weeks. The same is true for Koller, which means our team, whose offense has been build on Koller and Baroš, is totally screwed :shake:

Stupid injuries, why is the human body so fragile? :wallbash:

woodelf said:
Damn that sucks. Ghana will be a good test then.

Yes, Brückner is trying to find a good substitutes for them (Lokvenc will most probably take Koller's position), but we all know they are hardly replacable.

Winner said:
Yes, Brückner is trying to find a good substitutes for them (Lokvenc will most probably take Koller's position), but we all know they are hardly replacable.

Yeah, the only thing Lokvenc has that Koller has too is centimeters, and still not as many.

Winner said:
It looks like that Baroš's injury is more serious than it was thought, it is not clear, if he will be able to play in next weeks. The same is true for Koller, which means our team, whose offense has been build on Koller and Baroš, is totally screwed :shake:

Stupid injuries, why is the human body so fragile? :wallbash:
Don't be so negative. Chechs are on my list still second only to Argentina. And Koller is not that good, actually. He is the weakest player of your team anyway. It sucks to lose him, but he is easily replacable. And from what I've seen; Chechs can do fine without a striker. It's not like you'll miss the final.

Top Bottom