1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

We need a good WAR!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by FortyJ, Apr 28, 2003.

1. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

...and I'm not talking between us and someone else.

We need to start getting one of these three teams (GC, CDG, APO) to become the odd man out, because lately it seems like we're the odd man out, and it's gonna hurt is in the end if we don't do something about it.

I suggest we begin some misinformation or other technique to turn one or two of the three nations against the other.

Please discuss.

2. croxis

croxis Chat room op

From the chat it sounds like CDG is in the middle, prime land for both poly and GC

3. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Hm, right now it seems like CDG and Poly are our best chances of allies out here, so we might go for (against) GC?

4. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I dont think Poly would be intrested in allying Elucidia. Thats like us trying to ally GC!

5. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

I agree Goonie. But that mean we will never get three against one...

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Looks like there is no possible way for a 3 vs 1. But if there is, we MUST make sure we are nto the 1.

7. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

This is why we need a new organisation in our government: The ministry of disinformation!

This ministry would control any bit of information that goes out of Fanatikou and be the direct superior to the ambassadors. However, officially, the Foreign leader would still be the ambassador's boss.

If we find someone that has an innate sens of the language art, we might make the other teams think we have Modern armor… But that would be difficult.

8. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

YES! That would be GREAT! If we make it, I call the top job. Seriously!

9. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

I would love to chip in in the ministry of disinformation. I could happen to let slip that our hig number of research points are taking away from gold and our swordsmen won't upgrade too soon....

10. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

@ vander: Then i think it *might* be better if we let you out of it.

11. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

or that our cities have been plunged into disorder, causing an early, crippling anarchy

12. Goonie

I like the idea of the Ministry of misinformation, but I believe it should be an elected sub-departement of the Ministry of Foreing Affairs. We could get the Minister of Misinformation to pass 'lines of misinformation' to the Foreign Affairs Ministry. If the Foreign Affairs Minister likes them, he puts it to a vote, then if it passes, gives the lines to the Ambassadors to tell the other team.

13. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

If someone comes accross the Iraqi minister of information, HIRE HIM, I'm sure we would have lots of fun with access to precious informations and techniques.

14. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

If we have a Ministry of (Dis)Information, I think I know who the perfect mascot would be. ;)

Anyway, I think they sense that we're small in size, since we only have 2 cities. We really should have had 3-4 by now. We should try to make ourselves appear bigger maybe... Infact, we could routinely rename one of our warriors and move him in/out of posistion every so often.

15. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

We need to get at least 2vX(either two or one opponents). Keep the numbers on our side.

16. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

a ministry of dis-information could be good but be sure to never give nay hard evidence they can check up on, or they'll know what were doing and we'll be branded as liers

17. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

I suppose it needs a constitutionnal amendment…
    If someone is brave enough to do it, I think he'd deserve my vote for the First Disiformer.

18. Goonie

Im brave enough to do it :D! Give me some time. School is calling.

19. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I think this is better served as a function of the Foreign Affairs Minister. After all, it is ultimately up to that office to determine what information, or misinformation, is to be shared with whom.

Besides, I don't think I'd want it getting around that we have an official position named for the distribution of bad info. Talk about a public relations blight. We'd spend an epoch trying to get anyone to trust us again.

20. croxis

croxis Chat room op

we can tell eveyone we have tanks and nukes ;-)