Weird Screen After Intro Movie?

PrincessEmily

Chieftain
I got Civ5 this morning, and am now trying to load it for the first time. I've googled and searched these forums, but no one seems to be experiencing the problem that I am.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro.
(I think this is the specs you need to see, I'm not sure though >.<)
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009

When I open the game, the intro movie plays just fine (no pauses, skips, weird coloring, or anything of that nature). Then a black screen appears with a golden compass thing as the cursor. This screen disappears rather quickly and is replaced by a grey screen with a box in the middle. The box is framed with blue, but the middle is completely black. (I'm assuming this is supposed to be where the menu is?) There is music playing. I've tried key smashing as well as clicking around inside and outside of the box. The only way to get out is to force quit (Command-Option-Esc).

How can I fix this?

I got Civ5 this morning, and am now trying to load it for the first time. I've googled and searched these forums, but no one seems to be experiencing the problem that I am.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro.
(I think this is the specs you need to see, I'm not sure though >.<)
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009

When I open the game, the intro movie plays just fine (no pauses, skips, weird coloring, or anything of that nature). Then a black screen appears with a golden compass thing as the cursor. This screen disappears rather quickly and is replaced by a grey screen with a box in the middle. The box is framed with blue, but the middle is completely black. (I'm assuming this is supposed to be where the menu is?) There is music playing. I've tried key smashing as well as clicking around inside and outside of the box. The only way to get out is to force quit (Command-Option-Esc).

How can I fix this?

Sounds like a gfx driver issue or that your VGA does not support DX11, if it was Windows i'd just say install new drivers or try launching in DX9 mode, but I have no idea how that works on a Mac.

edit: i just now see that your VGA only has 384 MB of RAM, would be surprised if that is enough for the game

Top Bottom