• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Welcome New Members

just joined this forum so thought i would say hi:nuke:
i aint bin playin for very long so i am still a bit lost with some of the game but i one thing i would like to is why my workers wont build forts even after i av researched mathmatics they just wil not f***in doit.i av noticed that the icon dont appear on the build list. can any one help with this please

Hi everybody!
I'm glad to be part of this forum (finally)
Best regards from Poland!

waz up I'm Dragoneyez just saying hi:)

Hello community! :D

First Post, new member, Bob the Palindrome. Most important that I get 30 posts so that I can have a custom avatar

Hello, everyone! :):D:king::goodjob:

Civ:4 is a great game...this is a great forum ...even if my english understanding/knowledge/speaking is limited; i enjoy the tactics, tips etc. written in this forum...hi to everybody from Türkiye.

Hi,

I've been playing civ since the beginning and have been reading these forums and using mods for a few years. I finally thought I should register, so, Hi to everyone.

Hi, I have bought and loaded up Civ. 4 complete from the DVD.
On trying to play the game I get a message telling me to 'load the correct CD into the CD Rom drive'
I only have a DVD, and its in the DVD drive it loaded from.

Can anyone help please.

Welcome everyone! :)

First Post, new member, Bob the Palindrome. Most important that I get 30 posts so that I can have a custom avatar

It's not as easy as that. You must also be a member for an agonizing 30 days.
This is to prevent spamming on the first day.

Sorry gerarddeegan, I don't know how to help you. But first, where you playing windows or Mac?

Hello, glenmccoll, I prefer the original civ, as well.

Welcome everyone! :)

It's not as easy as that. You must also be a member for an agonizing 30 days.
This is to prevent spamming on the first day.

Thank you, Silv Something, that makes sense. I certainly agree with knocking out the spammers. I've read a lot of good advice on this forum over the last few weeks.

In my humble opinion as a newbie, the BUG MOD is essential, needed to play this game. But the BAT MOD just puts it over the top. My first Great General, playing as the Zulus, popped up with his sculpted chest, leopard cape, and sunglasses. Whichever modder drew that one and worked to get it in, I salute you.

New here. Just wanted to say hello.

Have been playing all the civ-games, since the early days on the amiga. I haven't looked in forums before though. So it's a big world that opens with quite a lot of input for someone that has been figuring out his own style of play.

Now I will go on and see if someone has something smart to say about corporations. I am not sure what to think of them. I have the sometimes somewhat self-destructing idea that I don't want to let the other civs have anything.

Ta-ta!

Hello :D

I'm brand new to the Civilization series. I've been meaning to get into it since Civ 2 but for some reason haven't until now. I bought the Civ 4 Complete and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. My first run through the game was kind of funny...I built tile improvements on EVERY single tile, I didn't use the city management screen, I implemented every civic as soon as it prompted me too without looking at what they did and I built every building in every city.

I'm getting better though thanks largely to articles on this site. Thanks for the help!

;)Great thread Ainwood; I have been Civ fan since Civ 2 test of time. Of recent, I play using the advance start mode and unrestricted leaders. I like playing Huayna Capac and then use the Netherlands. This gives me Financial and Industrious which helps with both Money and wonders. The Netherlands give me the special ship and the Dikes for all water tiles. I just love a small island with both Moai Statues and a Dike. I like playing with the Archipelago map.

Civ 4 has so many options and features we all can tweak it to suite are desires.

I’m married with four kids – never a dull moment around my house. I find those late night games to be very peaceful and relaxing.

Top Bottom