Welcome New Members

Hi all, to contradict the title, I am actually a civ lifer. See you all on the forums and online
(And may my playing bebetter than my posting):)

Thank you for the welcoming! I'm an avid Civ4 player and am starting to get into Civ5 shortly, in the next few paychecks. My steam name is EpicWarriorHeals

Greetings all! Came by to see if I could get civ4 to work on my Mac running XP sp3 w/bootcamp. First game I ever bought was CIV2. I love this game, and this is a great site!

Hello. I just got my paws on Civ4: Complete a few days ago. I've come here to find mods to use on my game.

Hi!, one of the most recomended mods is the BUG/BAT mod, I just installed it yesterday and adds a lot of information to the GUI of the game.

And in the case of BAT brings the "Bluemarble" mod that changes the graphics of the terrain.

the page -> http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268

i am a new memeber here and would just like to say hello to you all. even though i'm new here i am not new to the civ world, i have been playing for many years. i would like to learn how to make mods and edit units if any one has any helpfull info on this feel free to email me. thank you and once again hello to all.

Hello y'all. I have been lurking here for the past few years, and just got off my lazy hind to sign up. Found about here two-ish years ago, I think. I love history, so I love Leoreth's DoC RFC modmod. It is awesome, and I played around with changing the civ names. I love writing and Japanese food, cause I'm Sino-Japanese, which makes me the most awesomely awesome cultured person in the universe (ULTIMATE SARCASM). Umm... that's it?

A good day to you all! I too have been a long time lurker and found it to be time to register and pay my respects to such a thriving and active community! I grew up with Civilization and do now want to start getting into modding the games. I am certain that I'll find all the help that one can get here and look forward to read, ask and learn!

Greetings everyone - long time lurker, first time poster here as well. :)

I came mostly to learn how to stop sucking at Civ V...the strategies have been very helpful. lol! :lol:

Hey. I've recently joined the forums but only just got around to posting at all.

I've played Civ since about a year after the release of Civ4. I haven't really been playing them recently, but I've been hoping to get back into it. Been playing both Civ4 and 5 recently... Currently completely awful, but hoping to get better! \o/

Beyond Civ, I love gaming in general, music and writing. Hope to get to know some people in the future. :D

Try some BTS mods... I really like Rise of Mankind (Customize your own enjoyable 'win' game and give yourself lots of $$) [few bugs], Thomas' War (best AI -- so can be tough), and World at War from Daleszone.com.

Have fun!

'Ello, I'm Ciao, friend of thecaesar, if you know him. He recommended this site, thus... I'm here. It shall be interesting to post on here..... I really only play Civ V, and other Civ that I'm not quite sure what it is...

Welcome y'all! :band:

Congrats Vortilex! :goodjob:

You just wrote the 10 000th post in this thread!(Why it shown 9999 on the front page? I wanted to be the 10000th one :p)

Edit : Ok i see why now! This is the 10 001th post, but i have the 10 000th reply! :woohoo:

Been posting over in the official Ci V 2k forum for over a year, but the community has kind of dwindled away. Wanted to post ideas for new civ's here that weren't necessarily requests for mods (because mods seem to be limited to providing flat, static bonuses). Is there an appropriate forum?

Well i live in Christchurch New Zealand. where i have live though 17 months of Earth quakes. from a stat point of view a Mag 3 quake every 4 hours, so thats what the news papers says anyway. i live in the CBD and most of the buildings have been knock down now and a whole bunch of cell towers have pop up around the CBD because they all got totaled on top of the Buildings. I must say that being wasted when a big one hits, is something not to miss, Auyway i hope to cruz the site alittle and check out what i have been missing since i hav'nt been here in alot of years. a hint at how old and grey i have become :lol: opps last word, the handle is nothing but a handle to gain access to this site. Ishy is what i perfur

Just started on the TAC Mod for Colonization which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Looking for tactic hints so just thought I'd say hello.

New member - relatively new Civ Player - here (although played the older versions MANY years ago). Just wanted to introduce myself and say I love the game. I just switched over from Civ IV and BTS to Civ V. I am now using the VEM/CivUp Mod with CivWillard and InfoAddict. If you havent used them, they are an absolute must for players like me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and also send a shout out to Quill18. If Firaxis or Steam doesn't pay this guy, they should. He is the only reason I picked up Civ IV last year. His YouTube videos are very engaging and fun to watch - even playing games like Magic of Orion II and Alpha Centauri fairly recently - those bring back memories. Other role playing/strategy games I have played and thoroughly enjoy are the Starcraft series, Diablo, Sins of a Solar Empire, etc - but I actually turn based games that don't require lightning quick reflexes and timed actions. I prefer to think and analyze more than hit 300 keystrokes per minute.

I am also not that big a fan of first person shooters, but I will throw this one out there. If you have never played the Metal Gear Solid series, you should try it. It can actually be EXTREMELY tactical instead of just point, click and shoot. In addition, the cut scenes and immersion factor are the best I have ever seen in a game. MGS IV had something like 8 hours of video IIRC. Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention one of my all time favorite game series of Descent. That game got me through grad school on those nights where I needed a break from the studying. Yes, it's a shooter, but not like the others out there, and it has never been equalled IMHO.

One last game to throw out there that will really date me. My love of strategy/RPG's all started on my trusty old Commodore64 - the Ultima Series. I can't even guess at how many hours I spent switching out those floppy disks during the game as I would leave one city and go to the next. Funny to think about the absurd things we gamers had to do back in the day. But hey - those disks were a Godsend compared to the tape drives - hehe.

Anyway - looking forward to posting here. Thanks for the great forum.

PS - is the server like almost always "too busy"???

Top Bottom