Welcome New Members

Hi everyone, I brought civ 6 when it first came out and it's my first time diving into the world of civ. This is game is so much fun. I'm looking for other players to have fun with in this game as I currently don't know anyone that plays civ online. I hope I get to meet some really cool people.

Hello everyone. I've played all the Civs released so far (except Beyond Earth and Revolution) and IV is easily my favorite to play while II has the biggest nostalgia factor. Am not a huge fan of V. I like VI though it has a long ways to go still I think in terms of... well, just having everything work.

Hey everyone, I'm just happy to have found this place to learn about so many different leaders and civs from history! I enjoyed playing on my brother's copy of Civ 5 so I got Civ 6 and have had no regrets. Of course I'll be looking forward to seeing how Civ 6 improves and expands from here!

Hi everyone, new here on the forum but I've lurked since many years. I played Civ 5 a lot and I fell in love with Civ 6 and its districts. I actually livestream some of my games to share my thoughts with other people. I often play in Emperor difficulty but I think I'll try higher difficulties soon.

Hi all, I'm basically here because I've been burning through Maddjinn's videos on YouTube and I want to know why he hasn't done an episode of BtM in nearly a year. :shifty:

Not really. Well sort of really but I'm also a terrible yet enthusiastic Civ player who has been browsing these pages for some time, so thought I better get involved. From what I've read this might be a controversial opinion on these boards but I think Civ VI is my favourite of the series so far, despite its current flaws.

Hi Im new, been playing civ snce the original, love civ 6, love some of the mods! Super place for info for Civ! Thanks to those who made this ste!

gone back to civ 5 , new to this site and don't want to sound like a troll , but civ 6 sucks , all you had to do was pinch some mods and polish the graphics ! or is it that civ 5 was sooooo good

Greetings all; I've been a lurker since around the time Civ 5 was announced, but I just joined a few months ago.

Hello everyone.
I've played Civilization since the first came in the 90's on a 486 :D and played more or less each sequel since then. I still think that Civ 1 is one of the best computer games ever made, considering it was ahead of it's time. Regarding the sequels I consider the second best is the expanded IV, Beyond the sword, but VI sure has potential.
I can honestly say that I play the most boring style there is. I tend to enjoy the cultural/science civs and play them, Alexander, Pericles, Z Yaqob, W. v Oranje, A al-Mansur, and now mostly in VI; Pericles and T. Roosevelt. I play game after game in singleplayer mode and then go up the ladder. Quite repetitive but I enjoy it.

I've been reading here for some time, but now I created an account because I had some questions and that I'm curious in giving it a go and perhaps do a leader/civ myself (thinking maybe Nestor Mahkno would be a challange) or maybe help someone else. Seen some here use Blender3D which I have some experience with. I solely run Linux (Deb/KDE/Kubuntu) these days which might be a problem with modding, dunno.

Well this got longer introduction then I expected, anyway, hiya :)

EDIT; Almost forgot, thank you to those who've done mods to Civ VI, really appreciated.

/Jonas

Last edited:
Hi there, I just joined. Bought Civ a few days ago, loving it, and I want to join the community! I have an avid interest in history and gaming, so it's fun to be in a place that combines both.

Bought Civ 6 on iPad. Completed a game by losing at turn 210, standard size, 4 AI, Prince. Haven’t played a Civ seriously since 4 and it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

Already enjoying the dive in.

Hello, I have been playing Civ for about 20 years, that is since version 2 was released on PC.
In Civ 2 I loved the feature by which the senate can overrule the leader in the Democracy government.
In Civ 3 it was fantastic to be able to buy cities by paying rebels, or maybe that was Civ 4... :=))
Anyway I played Civ 3, 4, 5 and now moving to Civ 6.
I am interested in testing Mods in Mac (High Sierra, 10.13.2). I signed up to give feedbacks to developer.
See you.

Hi, I've been a lurker for a some time now and I've decided to join. I love the speculation around the upcoming new leaders in R&F!

Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum a few days ago. I've been playing the Civ series since Civ 5, so I'm not that much of a veteran, but I've put a lot of hours into 5 and 6, maybe more than I would like to admit. :lol: Anyway, it's an honor to be part of this community. See you around!

Hi I've been playing Civ for 4 years now (started with Civ5) and can't get enough of this game! Good to be with fans who love it just as much as I do.

Hello there,
I'm new here too, but for a time now I've read the threads.
I began playing Civ V in 2014 and had a lot of fun in the over 500 hours. With Friends I do "Civ Evenings" where we play Civ in Hotseat - but we only have finished one after a year.
I'm working on some mods, but I haven't really time to continue them. On is a Star Wars Mod which overhauls the Techtree, Units etc and adds new Civilization.
Another project is a World War II Challenge for Multiplayer, with an altered Techtree for longer war and preventing that somebody gets nukes too early.
If someone's interested, I'll soon make a thread for them, but first when I made enough of both mods.

Greetings from Germany!

Top Bottom