1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. petersc

petersc Chieftain

If you get a chance, I'd give IV a shot. I have not tried VI yet, but I still prefer IV over V. I'd just hate for you to miss out on the fun.

2. Hep Roc Heretic

Hep Roc Heretic Chieftain

There seems to be a lot of nostalgia about IV. Maybe I'll check it out to see what all the fuss is about.

3. Luciah95

Luciah95 Chieftain

Hello, I am new and I would like to know more about this forum and also I would like to make new friends :) thank you for your welcome

Manifold likes this.
  4. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Chieftain

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
  5. Abraxis

Abraxis Chieftain

6. VacatedPumpkin

VacatedPumpkin Chieftain

Hey guys! I'm new to these forums.

Been playing Civ 5 since 2010, however recently I bought Civ 6! Looking forward to discussing tactics and strategies with all you people here!

7. _Hannibal_

_Hannibal_ Chieftain

Hi there ! Playing Civ since Civ IV, and now so interested in mods. Sorry for my English, i´m just another spaniard with a poor grammar use... :bowdown::bowdown:

8. rafealsivar

rafealsivar Chieftain

Hello all I am a new member so do not know how active the forum is looking forward to help from everyone. thank you very much

9. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

10. DonPaco

DonPaco Chieftain

Hi everyone, I brought civ 6 when it first came out and it's my first time diving into the world of civ. This is game is so much fun. I'm looking for other players to have fun with in this game as I currently don't know anyone that plays civ online. I hope I get to meet some really cool people.

11. Starwars

Starwars Chieftain

Hello everyone. I've played all the Civs released so far (except Beyond Earth and Revolution) and IV is easily my favorite to play while II has the biggest nostalgia factor. Am not a huge fan of V. I like VI though it has a long ways to go still I think in terms of... well, just having everything work.

12. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

Hey everyone, I'm just happy to have found this place to learn about so many different leaders and civs from history! I enjoyed playing on my brother's copy of Civ 5 so I got Civ 6 and have had no regrets. Of course I'll be looking forward to seeing how Civ 6 improves and expands from here!

13. OxydoReduction

OxydoReduction Chieftain

Hi everyone, new here on the forum but I've lurked since many years. I played Civ 5 a lot and I fell in love with Civ 6 and its districts. I actually livestream some of my games to share my thoughts with other people. I often play in Emperor difficulty but I think I'll try higher difficulties soon.

14. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Chieftain

Hi all, I'm basically here because I've been burning through Maddjinn's videos on YouTube and I want to know why he hasn't done an episode of BtM in nearly a year. :shifty:

Not really. Well sort of really but I'm also a terrible yet enthusiastic Civ player who has been browsing these pages for some time, so thought I better get involved. From what I've read this might be a controversial opinion on these boards but I think Civ VI is my favourite of the series so far, despite its current flaws.

15. Cacimbinhas

Cacimbinhas Chieftain

Hi Im new, been playing civ snce the original, love civ 6, love some of the mods! Super place for info for Civ! Thanks to those who made this ste!

16. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Welcome to CivFanatics!

17. lufcforever

lufcforever Chieftain

gone back to civ 5 , new to this site and don't want to sound like a troll , but civ 6 sucks , all you had to do was pinch some mods and polish the graphics ! or is it that civ 5 was sooooo good

18. Knightfall

Knightfall Chieftain

Greetings all; I've been a lurker since around the time Civ 5 was announced, but I just joined a few months ago.

j0nas likes this.
  19. j0nas

j0nas Chieftain

Hello everyone.
    I've played Civilization since the first came in the 90's on a 486 :D and played more or less each sequel since then. I still think that Civ 1 is one of the best computer games ever made, considering it was ahead of it's time. Regarding the sequels I consider the second best is the expanded IV, Beyond the sword, but VI sure has potential.
    I can honestly say that I play the most boring style there is. I tend to enjoy the cultural/science civs and play them, Alexander, Pericles, Z Yaqob, W. v Oranje, A al-Mansur, and now mostly in VI; Pericles and T. Roosevelt. I play game after game in singleplayer mode and then go up the ladder. Quite repetitive but I enjoy it.

I've been reading here for some time, but now I created an account because I had some questions and that I'm curious in giving it a go and perhaps do a leader/civ myself (thinking maybe Nestor Mahkno would be a challange) or maybe help someone else. Seen some here use Blender3D which I have some experience with. I solely run Linux (Deb/KDE/Kubuntu) these days which might be a problem with modding, dunno.

Well this got longer introduction then I expected, anyway, hiya :)

EDIT; Almost forgot, thank you to those who've done mods to Civ VI, really appreciated.

/Jonas

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  20. Chris80

Chris80 Chieftain

Hello! I played civ III and civ IV and now I'm waiting for the full version of civ VI!

j0nas likes this.