• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Welcome to Giant Earth Map (GEM)!

:confused::confused:
My computer has just reset up, have everything unworking except 1500AD Scenario? Any one know why is that??
Actually its like every time i open a new game, it went straight to "you have been defeated"!?!? so strange...
Any one could help me??
Thanks a lot

Hello all,
I downloaded the latest version and put it in the My Games... folder. It load the mod, but after it restarts it doesn't give me option to choose any of the scenarios. What am I doing wrong?

Genghis,

Out of curiosity, did you completely block the raze citiy option in 1500AD and other GEM scenarios?
Or it is impossible just for cities with 5+ population?

Thanks,

T.

p.s. yes, Im playing 1500 AD as Poland (1816AD) and time has come to do terra bruciata and burn and raize the Holy Roman Empire lands...time to send him back to the Middle Ages...

Traiano,

I have turn out raze cities for all the scenarios I think. I don't think you can make it to be just for 5+ pop cities :)

I see.
I'll re-implement it on my version ;-)

In over crowded Europe (in any GEM scenario) I realized that quite often - even if you can control a city you just conquered - it is very unlikely that cultural borders wouldnt make it switch back to its original owner or to other neighbors.
Therefore I raze cities quite often...to create more room to grow for my european civ and to permanently weaken my neighbors...*evil grin*

p.s. I had the impression in old civ 3 there was this option so that cities with pop 5+ couldnt be razed...but I might be mistaken...

Hello All,
I ask again, How do I get the Maps to work after the Mod is loaded?

Hello All,
I ask again, How do I get the Maps to work after the Mod is loaded?

It can be due to too many reasons. Compatibility of any modding your own, versions of patch, etc. I guess you just have to do some different tests.

Here is what happens. I have the latest Civ IV Patch. I have started BtS. I load the Mod. It confirms in the upper Right corner that I have the right mod. I try to load a scenario but none of the maps show up.

In the download all of the scenarios are in a private folder. does this need to be changed?

I have been playing your 5.3 map (modern resources), it is only 500 turns, I guess the same would apply for the ancient resource map. Any way you could change that?

Thanks for adding the cows to Holland, maybe a few fish near Ireland?

I have been playing your 5.3 map (modern resources), it is only 500 turns, I guess the same would apply for the ancient resource map. Any way you could change that?

Thanks for adding the cows to Holland, maybe a few fish near Ireland?

Thanks for pointing that out. I will remember to confirm the turn numbers in the official release.

Okay, I finally got it to work. I had to remove it from the Docs folder and move it the main game folder.

Hi there,

I wonder if Genghis Kai or one of the other modders would care to comment on the viability of a map larger than the current GEM. Don't get me wrong I really like GEM and I have played all my best games on it. However even on GEM Europe is crowded and lot of compromises have had to be made in terms of resource allocation(especially true since I use the WoC mod with 16 new resources to find space for). Is it possible to make a map size 3 times larger than the current GEM? If so how would you go about doing it?

I am aware that the game will run slowly on such a vast map size. At present I have slowdown of about 15 seconds between turns on single player during the late game which does irritate me but I plan a processor/ mobo upgrade anyway. If I could have a more realistic earth map I could tolerate a longer delay.

By the way I upgraded my PC yesterday going from 4GB to 8 GB of RAM and a 256MB video card to a 1GB one. My GEM games are now a little faster but I only managed to shave about 5 seconds a turn off in the late game. I have concluded it must therefore be a processor issue. Any suggestions on great processors / motherboard combinations for CIV would be welcomed.

I read In the ultimate machines thread someone claimed to have 5 seconds between turns. Why I can't achieve this with my system is beyond me.

My Partially upgraded system is:

intel core 2 duo CPU E8200 2.66Ghz
Asus P5Q motherboard
1TB LaCie Hard disk
8GB Ram
Asus ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024MB GDDR3
OS = Win XP professional x64 (English version) (Dedicated Drive for OS)
Civ version. BTS 3.17 WoC 1.0 (Dedicated Drive for games)

Imperium30.

Top Bottom