Welcome to the Civilization Revolution forum!

[...] we'll need these guys in the future to write the Civ 5 strategy guides while we're at work.

:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

QFT

I don't have a TV or a console so I'll stick with the PC version anyway.
But if I had those things I'd definitely give it a try.
;)

:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

QFT

I don't have a TV or a console so I'll stick with the PC version anyway.
But if I had those things I'd definitely give it a try.
;)

It took long enough for someone to appreciate that. :D

Indeed I do. Actually, I have 2. But one is used primarily by my 2-yr-old granddaughter to watch "Dora the Explorer" and "Spongebob Squarepants" :rolleyes:

But of course with that big time military pay :D. Being a game connoisseur (and being well known for enjoying games), I have been called upon to test many handheld games. Yes, that includes Pokemon.

The shows aren't good, but the games aren't as bad as people are led to believe. I know, a 21 year old that plays Pokemon. But after going to my high school I've developed very thick skin. :goodjob:

EDIT: I know some of you are thinking of asking, and the answer is yes. I've "caught them all" in the Red version :blush:

I just played the demo and it seems to be a stripped-down version of civ that will be good for multiplayer and nothing else.

that's not what I got out of it....its a version of Civ with all the unnecessary stuff removed and the game itself still intact, more action packed, and just as fun :)

Haudi,

New Civ looks horrible. I got thoughts about ancient Rainbow Island from Commodore Amiga 500 because of those awful pastel colours. How can you engage bloody wars in environment like that?

I don't know anything about the functions of the game yet, but I want to say this: If the loading times increase as much as they did between Civ3 and Civ4, you can't play the bloody game even if you had a supercomputer.

I like to play my civ on stand alone installation. If the new version is preferring multi player functions, I pass (If I can...).

After all Civilzation serie has been the greatest game of all, and I have played it a lot (far too lot...). I hope developers won't ruin the fantastic game.

Hotsiminh

I've been addicted to the demo for the last several days.

I've been playing since Civ 2, and to me Civ Rev is spot-on for the console gamers (of which I am primarily these days, as I own all 3 major consoles but haven't upgraded my PC in years...), without being to dumbed-down for the core audience, imo.

It cuts some of the micromanagement (but not all, as you can still customize your city worker's priorities, etc.), but leaves the game feeling extremely stream-lined and just plain fun. While the the faster pace may feel a bit less epic, it also means I'll likely be replaying this game a lot more than past Civs, in which I'd generally only use a few different civilizations and play styles - in this game I can see myself trying out everything, as it no longer takes so long to play through.

The controls for the most part feel great (I do wish there was an option to make the zoom a toggle rather than require you to hold the shoulder button), and everything that a good Civ game needs is here. Can't wait for the full release!

Haudi,

New Civ looks horrible. I got thoughts about ancient Rainbow Island from Commodore Amiga 500 because of those awful pastel colours. How can you engage bloody wars in environment like that?

I don't know anything about the functions of the game yet, but I want to say this: If the loading times increase as much as they did between Civ3 and Civ4, you can't play the bloody game even if you had a supercomputer.

I like to play my civ on stand alone installation. If the new version is preferring multi player functions, I pass (If I can...).

After all Civilzation serie has been the greatest game of all, and I have played it a lot (far too lot...). I hope developers won't ruin the fantastic game.

Hotsiminh

the loading times are better than I remember from either Civ4 or 3. But this is not a PC game...I'm not sure you realize that. It is a 360, PS3 and DS game.

The loading time on the demo was indeed better than on civ4, i dont think the full game will be much worse.

Top Bottom