Wfyabta

Sorry, you lost me on that last response. You didn't understand it, it meaning Immaculate's scenario or the contradiction DaviddesJ is talking about?

In other words, when you have met all the civs, can they be separated into 2 blocks or not?

VoU looked up he SDK and included the part DaviddesJ showed. So obviously I was wrong.
Meaning you cannot separate the civs you already have met in 2 blocks.

This thread, with refinement, really should be moved to the strategy article. It's even more important than how war wariness works.

If I understand this correctly WFABTA is based on the number of techs the AI trade to you, not the number of techs you trade to the AI. So if for instance I sell miltrad to Catherine for 20 gold that doesn't add to the WFYABTA counter. If I give Miltrad, Gunpowder and Education to Catherine in exchange for DR then that adds one tech (not three) to WFYABTA. Is this correct?

yes, it is allmost correct.

WFYBTA cive based. If I undestand is correctly it will add 1 tech to civ you have contact with at this moment.

This mechanic means that its probably best to hold of on meeting the other continent until such time as you've ground the last bloody tech out of your own continent. Maybe its better to build caravels and circumnavigate along the poles to avoid meeting the other civs until you've reduced your local opponents to functionally nothing and they are unable/unwilling to provide you with any new techs.

I.

what is WFTYABTA?

we fear that you are becoming too advanced

it's an excuse that ai wont trade with you. depend on the leader, some will use this excuse after you trade with them or others they know some number of tech.

This is my question, when you become friendly with an ai who already has WFTYABTA on you, does this mean they cant use this excuse anymore? I notice this in my last game where I can trade many tech (like 10) when I become friendly to a WFTYABTA ai.

This is my question, when you become friendly with an ai who already has WFTYABTA on you, does this mean they cant use this excuse anymore?

If they are friendly with you, then WFYABTA doesn't apply. Unless you have vassals or teammates they don't like. This is all explained in the first posting in this thread.

However I believe that sometimes friendly civs shun on you ...

they will if you have a vassal or PA partner that they're not friendly with. their attitude toward your team has to be friendly. don't ask me whether i think a vassal should be considered part of your "team" as far as trading, when they don't act like a PA in so many other ways, cuz i'll probably go off *giggle*.

and they'll not trade some techs at friendly for other reasons, but when you hover over the redline it won't say WFYABTA, it'll be different wording.

that's all that i know of. and that VoU knows of (if i understand correctly). do you remember any examples?

Question about being in the bottom half of the scoreboard, do unknow civs count?

Hi everybody!
Question about being in the bottom half of the scoreboard, do unknow civs count?
Being in the lower half of the scoreboard means no WFYABTA.
No. If BOTH parties in the trade are in the lower half of the scoreboard, including the civs you haven't met and the civs that have died, THAT means no WFYABTA. But you will run into the limit if you are trying to trade your way out of the cellar by dealing with the top dogs.

Anyone know the tech trading values for new BTS leaders?
Alexander
Bismarck
Brennus
Genghis Khan
Huayna Capac
Isabella
Julius Caesar
Louis XIV
Mao Zedong
Mehmed
Montezuma
*Pacal
Qin Shi Huang
Ragnar
Shaka
*Sitting Bull
Stalin
Tokugawa

Asoka
*Boudica
Cyrus
*Darius
*De Gaulle
Frederick
*Hammurabi
Hannibal
Hatshepsut
Kublai Khan
*Lincoln
Napoleon
Saladin
*Suleiman
*Suryavarman
Victoria
*Wang Kon
Washington
*Zara Yaqob

Augustus
Catherine
*Charlemagne
Churchill
Elizabeth
Gandhi
*Gilgamesh
*Joao
*Justinian
*Pericles
Peter
Ramesses
Roosevelt
*Willem Van Oranje

Mansa Musa

Cool, thanks.

I'm Surpised Pacal is so low, i thought it was a pretty good techer compared to the other AI civs.

The numbers can only tells you how many techs an AI will trade with you before you get WFYABTA, it is totally different of how fast an AI can tech. Apart of Pacal, Ragnar and Huayna Capac will also only trade 5 techs with you, but in my game they usually tech pretty fast too. OTOH, I've never seen Charlemagne having a tech lead whereas he's in the "15 tech trade" group.

So if I understand correctly, a good strategy to avoid WFYABTA is to trade extensively with the first civ you meet on a new continent (although a good diplomatic strategy is to meet everyone first before deciding with whom to trade).

You are saying that if if I know A, but not B, and A and B know each other, B doesn't give me WFYABTA for trading with A. I thought (don't know for sure) that B will give me "you have traded with my worst enemy" diplo hits in this situation. Is that correct? I think I remember having negative diplo with a civ I just met because of this.

Moreover, you are saying that the landlocked civs on my old contintent will give me WFYABTA for tech-whoring on the new continent. So I'd better get what I can from them first if I'm close to WFYABTA (although I'm not going to hold off on meeting the new continent).

Also, strategy-wise, this means you want to trade with the tightwads like HC before you trade with Mansa.

Top Bottom