What Annoys You The Most?

Amenhotep7

Spartiate
Self-explanatory. But, this thread could easily degenerate into a flamefest. So, I am going to lay down a rule now. If what you write down could be construed as falme bait, DON'T POST IT. Just click the little "back" button on your browser, and move along.

I have a few things that annoy me. Like if somebody pronounces po-tay-tow as po-tah-tow. (I make an exception for British people, it's just the way they talk, or at least the ones I've met:hmm: ) And similar things, like pronouncing scallop as "scahllop".

Another thing is when people use the morals of today to judge the people of yesteryear. Example: Automatically dismissing Thomas Jefferson as a bad, bad man because he owned slaves. Or Julius Caesar, or anybody before about 1900. Fact is, slavery was considered socially acceptable. You don't have to like it, but that was society back then, and just to dismiss an entire society is wrong.You must judge a person of yesteryear by the values of their time.

You want to know what annoys me? Oh boy! Are you comfortable? You free for the next 3 or 4 days? :eek: I dont even know where to begin.

edit: ok, the thread below this one helped me decide where to begin: Ipods annoy me.

Not even nails scraping on a chalkboard, eh? ;)

1. taxes.
2. national borders (and the immigration laws that result)
3. beurocracy (connected with 2)
4. "fees" (much like 1)
5. he fact that if you dont have long distance and call russia, you get charged 5 dollars a minute, for calls that never even connected cause the international phone lines cant handle the load and just dont work half the time.
6. that in order to get a job in computer programing, i need experience, and to get it i have to have worked as a programmer.
7. that i seem to generaly operate under the moto of "dont put off till tomorow what you can put off indefinetly"

Spelling colour, splendour etc. without a u.

I've always felt that we should make an agreement with the USA... they spell words properly, and we'll give them Canada. Use the Queen's powers to seize all of Canada, then hand it over to the US. The US army will be in before Canada can do anything about it, and there's plenty of oil there, too. :)

1. Blind faith (be it religious or political)
2. Chavs/Townies
3. Geeting sneered at by people for wearing black nail varnish/black cloths and/or having long hair
4. People who know I'm vegetarian eating meat in front of me (to annoy me)
5. Having to wait several months for the next series of Stargate
6. Having to wait several months for the next series of West Wing

the list could go on and on but i'll stop now... :crazyeye:

Uninformed voters. ;)

Nothing annoys me.

ComradeDavo said:
I assure you that is someone poked your arm non-stop for several hours you would become extremely annoyed.

No...I've taken care of small children...it helps with those kind of things. ;)

Not to mention...I'd much rather be poked in the arm for several hours than many, many other things I've experienced.

And I pretty much just tune out complainers and whiners and other people, and again, if they do get a little on the agravating side...I have ways of not being able to hear them anymore. ;)

So no, nothing really annoys me. By that I mean...nothing really annoys me that stands out from the rest of the annoyances in the world. Sure things bother me, but nothing enough to call it an annoyance.

Moss - I find it hard to believe that nothing annoys you, surely there must be sometimg that just makes you want to snap!

What about people dropping litter in front of you, or complete strangers abusing you for no reason?

Maybe your some kind of super human bread to battle annoying teenagers :lol: :)

If I was inclined to get annoyed, human stupidity (yeah yeah, an oxymoron) would be the source of my annoyance.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom