What are the known starting biases for all Civs?

Ookamikun

Chieftain
I don't think I've seen a post that lists the biases. Let's include DLC and G&K Civs too.

All I know is that Hiawatha starts at Forest tiles and Boudica starts at Jungle/Forest tiles.

Polynesia has water. That's all I know.

Egypt has Desert / Flood Plains / River (the Nile);
Iriquois has Forest / Plains;

That's all I know off the top of my head, I always hit Disable Start Bias... :crazyeye:

Egypt has Desert / Flood Plains / River (the Nile);
Iriquois has Forest / Plains;

That's all I know off the top of my head, I always hit Disable Start Bias... :crazyeye:

you know that really cripples a lot of civs? just set it to default for better gameplay.

From Civ5CoreDatabase.db and CIV5Civilizations_Expansion.xml:

along ocean: England, Ottomans
along river: america
avoid forest: Egypt, Siam
avoid jungle: Egypt
avoid tundra: songhai
priority desert: arabia
priority jungle: aztec
priority grass: india
priority tundra: russia
priority forest: iroquios

DLCs + expansion:
priority plains: mongol
along ocean: denmark, spain, polynesia, carthage
priority hills: inca
priority forest: celts
priority grass: netherlands

:)

Exactly my question too. I think they patched something about America's starting bias in an old patch.

The XML files that determine all of that.

See this topic
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470224&highlight=bias

Or here if what I directly pasted from the XML as well. Same as topic.

<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE</CivilizationType> <StartAlongOcean>true</StartAlongOcean> </Row> <Delete CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_SPAIN"/> -<Replace> <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_SPAIN</CivilizationType> <StartAlongOcean>true</StartAlongOcean> </Replace> </Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean> -<Civilization_Start_Region_Priority> -<Row> <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CELTS</CivilizationType> <RegionType>REGION_FOREST</RegionType> </Row> -<Row> <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS</CivilizationType> <RegionType>REGION_GRASS</RegionType> </Row> </Civilization_Start_Region_Priority> -<Civilization_UnitClassOverrides>

From the thread about the maya.

Apparently, they have no bias.

why would america have a river start bias?

To answer my own question:

<!--<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</CivilizationType>
<StartAlongRiver>true</StartAlongRiver>
</Row>-->

This is an example text in the XML, not actual code. So robal or whomever he had this information from probably wrongly thought this was an actual start bias.

America has no start bias!

I think I remember hearing that America had an ability that gave bonuses to rivers at some point in development but it was changed before release. Only they forgot to remove the start bias for rivers before the game was launched. They patched it out at some point but it's still left in there as a comment.

Yes you are right guyz, America's code segment is commented so it is not actual code. America has no starting bias :) I'm sorry my fault! :D

Top Bottom