What are your hopes / dreams for the '20s?

emzie

wicked witch of the North
I wasn't a big fan of the Twenty-Teens. Yes, I experienced a lot of personal growth. I also experienced more personal setbacks and more personal roadblocks than I could have ever imagined in 2009. I give the last decade a B- and I hope for much better this coming decade:

Surgeries
Expanded LGBT acceptance
Better resources for those with autism spectrum disorders
Better safety nets
A continuation of the decline of violence worldwide
and some progress towards actually corralling climate change within liveable limits.

What are y'alls hopes for 2030?

Simple, lots of money and free time for having my own freedom: Independent, not relying on any human, any institution or anything to live a nice life, to come and go as I please; having freedom to chose who I want to work close with, to be able to speak my mind without worrying losing a job or a share.

A state of personality that I live when I was a teenager. Freedom.

I am hoping we can bring back big band music, the Charleston, and the rising threat of European nationalism. :yup:

Last edited:
I hope that humanity as a coop can muster a real effort to combat climate change.

A second hope would be some actual pragmatic measures to negate this planets galloping resource inequalities.

I don't see much indicating that either will happen but one must hope no?

Short and long term hopes:
  • Flush the turd November third!
  • Tax the wealth of the top 10%
  • Destruction of the Republican party
  • The end of all political talk radio
  • The rise of a new political party that is more embracing of more people
  • The end of Putin

I didn't see this thread before I posted it in the new years resolution thread but it probably belongs here instead -

I want my 2020's to be my first decade of fatherhood. We're trying to have a kid now and if we don't get pregnant by the end of this year I'm going to be looking at adoption. I can't afford and don't really believe in fertility treatments for myself though I don't begrudge them on others.

I hope there will be an international manned lunar landing this year and the beginnings of humanity's first outposts beyond low Earth orbit. This is shaping up to be the decade that the late 60's/early 70's should have been for space exploration.

I want my country to turn back toward democracy this decade but I'm truly frightened we've reached a tipping point where the only direction forward is autocracy.

I didn't see this thread before I posted it in the new years resolution thread but it probably belongs here instead -

I want my 2020's to be my first decade of fatherhood. We're trying to have a kid now and if we don't get pregnant by the end of this year I'm going to be looking at adoption. I can't afford and don't really believe in fertility treatments for myself though I don't begrudge them on others.

I like the sound plan and grounded motivation that you have! You sure got a big heart Hobb ;)

I want my 2020's to be my first decade of fatherhood. We're trying to have a kid now and if we don't get pregnant by the end of this year I'm going to be looking at adoption. I can't afford and don't really believe in fertility treatments for myself though I don't begrudge them on others

I've read that if you want to have kids, you should stop actively trying to have them. The stress of trying to have kids can make it harder to get pregnant and that stress builds with each negative pregnancy test.

And I can say I have some personal experience with this theory. Both of my kids were unplanned. My wife and I wanted to wait five years before having kids, but we were only married for about a month or two before she was pregnant with our first.

Yeah this is true

You are doing good Hobb just let it flow, either or both of your plan are winning. My coach adopt a child and only after the adopted child grew up his wife get pregnant.

Maybe Commodore is right, in general sense if you are trying too hard on achieving something you are ending up achieving anything but the very thing that you want to achieve.

if we don't get pregnant by the end of this year I'm going to be looking at adoption

You got, I think 8ish hours? Get to work!

I feel ya tho. I'd love to get to a place where we're stable enough to adopt a kid by the end of this decade. There's this mean irony that I knew I'd not make a very good parent, and so I never wanted kids. 4 years of HRT later, and the reasons I'd not make for a good parent are behind me, but now I'm sterile

I don't believe in hope and have no dreams left.

Abolishing 5g worldwide.
Restoration of rain forests

All post-nuclear techs researched ala Civ 3 in real life - mass transit system, hydro plants instead of nuclear plants
And cure for Cancer wonder is long due

Beyond the usual world peace thing, I have only one hope/dream...

To find someone normal and stable to come into my life and just accept me for what I am.

I've read that if you want to have kids, you should stop actively trying to have them. The stress of trying to have kids can make it harder to get pregnant and that stress builds with each negative pregnancy test.
Isn't it kinda fun trying to have kids?

Abolishing 5g worldwide.
Why?

By 2030 my daughter will be a grown up. I'd like for her to be healthy, happy and productive. Would like to win custody of her in the next three years.

I want to become an inspiration for people and for myself.

As for the world, I cannot control it. I 2nd what Snerk said tho. I can't envision a realistic scenario where we stop trashing the Earth or where it is not fubar by 2030

I hope ARTEMIS and ISRO and CNSA gets off the ground, at least. This generation needs a boost.

Top Bottom