What are YOUR suggestions for UU or UB?

wait...mechanized...quecha?

thats like...canadian...tea.

Sorry to bump, but the Incas should have a bola warrior (slingshot) or bronze knife warrior (they were well known for this weapon) or a form of axeman.

Sorry to bump, but the Incas should have a bola warrior (slingshot) or bronze knife warrior (they were well known for this weapon) or a form of axeman.

NECROMANCER! BEGONE! ;) (OMG THEY CHANGED THE WINK SMILIE!!! NO MORE SLEEPYHEADS!!!:D)

Ahem.

Seriously, wasn't Quechua a class distinction or something? I think India's UU, while useful, is kinda lame. 'Fast Worker', representing the wiry but strong people of India, specifically Gujurat. WTF? Maybe some form of War Elephant, Chariot, Swordsman...something... (or Bumbling Spy: 100% chance of causing war with target Civilization ;))

I think the rest are pretty good. Japan's Unique Building should be changed to a Forge:

Imperial Forge:
- +25% :hammmers:
- +1 :) with Hereditary Rule
- +5% :hammers: with copper, iron, coal

The Arabian Camel Archer is also somewhat useless IMO, though that could be changed with a simple stats switch.

I'd like to see UU and UB attached to the leader instead of the civilization to better represent the time period. Should Churchhills UU really be a redcoat? I don't mind a long lived civ having multiple UU with moderate additional strengths.

It's been said before, but:
Keshik
Unique Unit for Mongolian Empire
(Replaces Knight)
10:strength:
3:move:
Flank Attack vs. Catapult, Trebuchet
Starts with Drill I
Requires Horseback Riding, Guilds, Archery
Requires Horse, Iron

This would, I believe, better represent the Mongols' excellent mobility and the ability to massacre infantry at a distance. Think about it- Keshiks trained in a city with a Barracks, a Ger, and the state religion while running Vassalage and Theocracy could get Drill IV, or a great deal of promotion permutations, for that matter, thus enabling them to defeat most melee and archery units without much harm.

The Keshiks could have a good, inherent chance to withdraw as well. This would make them very powerful, but then, the Mongols were very powerful. Also, a Mongolia without horses or iron would be insignificant, as mounted warfare is what the Mongols are all about.

Well from the little bit I've learned about the Mongols, they were very effective horse archers. No other group of people at the time were able to shoot off as many arrows from horseback as the Mongols, so the Keshik replacing the horse archer makes sense.

The horse archer, though, is a classical unit, and the Mongols were dominant in the Medieval Era. The good ol' Keshik rush in the BC's is fun, but very odd. The new Keshik skin would be the one I've seen in some mods with the lamellar armor and the composite bow. A new name would be fitting, as the keshikten were the Khan's bodyguards, as well as cooks, musicians, quiver bearers, etc. rather than a combat unit that conquered so much of Asia.

I amy have added this many months ago but whould be overpowered for the british empire?

Welsh Longbowman
6ST 1 Movement
25% hills /cities
50% mellee?

I believe that there should be two unique units per civ: one in early history (Like a Yeoman-replacement for Longbowman) and one in later history (Redcoats are fine for that)

Good idea, but then, what would a late UU be for civs like Sumeria and Babylon?

I agree, though, civs ought to have more than one UU.

I believe that there should be two unique units per civ: one in early history (Like a Yeoman-replacement for Longbowman) and one in later history (Redcoats are fine for that)

Same here but other UUs can come from the era or A country that spawned from the CIV. Just realized that i posted all my ideas on post 33,Enjoy.

I'd like to see UU and UB attached to the leader instead of the civilization to better represent the time period. Should Churchhills UU really be a redcoat? I don't mind a long lived civ having multiple UU with moderate additional strengths.

But can you realy attach a biulding to a leader ,montazuma, Churchill and so on?

But can you realy attach a biulding to a leader ,montazuma, Churchill and so on?

I would say yes with some civilizations. Perhaps an example might be a unique radar instalation for Churchhill allowing better interceptor chance. Some civs like Japanese would only have one building with one leader. Others like the Romans may have had the same buildings during both leaders rule but a different building could be emphasized for bonuses.

About UU I wouldn't mind a longer lived civ like China having either a unique unit for each leader or both leaders have access to a unique unit with moderate improvement. The Romans already have a very powerful Pratorian and feel that that is sufficient for both given the time period.

I think every civ should have 3 unique units. 3 is the scientific number, and it allows civs to have a good representation of their civ. For example, the Byzantines could have Cataphracts (knights), Dromons (triremes), and Skoutaoi (Macemen), the English could have Yeomen (longbowmen), Man O' Wars (frigates), and Redcoats (riflemen), and the Japanese can have Ashigaru (spearmen), Ninjas (spies), and Samurai (macemen).

I think every civ should have 3 unique units. 3 is the scientific number, and it allows civs to have a good representation of their civ. For example, the Byzantines could have Cataphracts (knights), Dromons (triremes), and Skoutaoi (Macemen), the English could have Yeomen (longbowmen), Man O' Wars (frigates), and Redcoats (riflemen), and the Japanese can have Ashigaru (spearmen), Ninjas (spies), and Samurai (macemen).

Those three UUs can be concentrated into one time period, for instance in the Greeks, Hoplite (Warrior) -> Phalanx (Spearman) -> Hypaspist (Pikeman) [The elite phalanx in a Greek army]

Or it can be spread out, like for the Russians, Rusiny Lancers (Chariots) -> Cossacks (Cavalry) -> Tesla Tank (Modern Armor)

That's just my idea depending on certain civs. If they have been in existance for a while then their UUs will be spread out, but if they existed for a short time (i.e Rome) then their UUs will be concentrated into a smaller time period.

I like the multiple UU idea. Here are some more ideas:

France:
Fransisca - Replaces Swordsman
+25% versus Melee Units

Musketeer - Replaces Musketman
Starts with Morale(Instead of having default 2 :move:).

Foreign Legionnaire - Replaces Infantry
Can explore rival territory.

Germany
Brazenfielder - Replaces Maceman
+50% Versus Mounted units

Hussar - Replaces Crussaier
14 :strength:(+20 :hammers:)

Panzer - Replaces Tank
+50% against Armored units.

Japan
Ashigaru - Replaces Pikeman or Axeman
-10 :hammers:

Samurai - Replaces Maceman
Starts with Drill + First Strike

Yamamoto - Replaces Battleship
42 :strength:

America:

Minuteman:
(Rifleman) +2 Movement

Pioneer
(Worker) Does work faster

Navy SEAL
(Marine) Whatever Navy SEALS do

The pioneer is a good idea although it should probably be an explorer/scout.

I always figured an American Minuteman UU would replace the Grenadier, so they have a tossup chance of killing British Redcoats based on who was attacking who. Giving them additional First Strikes or First Strike Chances or making them another 20 hammers cheaper would have been the unique boost.

For a modern UU, a good land unit could be the US Marine Corps. Here is what you do: take the Navy SEAL (a special forces unit, not used in major combat), and give it a new unit icon that looks more like a marine.

I'd really like to keep the number of UUs per Civ low (as in 1), because I think the effect is cheapened when used excessively. This isn't an RTS where each faction has their own kind of army--the weapons used, like rifles, bows, spears, and swords, have been used by civilizations all over the planet.

Top Bottom