What civ will you play as first?

What civ will you play as first?

• Total voters
Enter a poll damn it!

England definitely, ruling the waves will be my goal on my first play through, infact I may play a bit crap just to ensure I get to play with advanced naval units, bomarding other ships and cities and land units with my battleships with +1 over normal range thanks to that upgrade, making thier range a devestating 4 hexes. Ofcourse they will only be able to see 2 hexes infront of them so I will have submarines and destroyers as a front line tempting enemies to enter the Slaughter. I will probably devote 2/3'rds of my resources to naval units, I will be a dominant naval force. I will make people wish they had stayed way in-land, muhahahaha.

After that I think I will play maybe Rome or India for more flexibility. Or If I want to go heavy on land based armies I will definitely play Russia. Double Iron and Horses will allow me to charge into military dominance, I will make the ground tremble under foot.

I might eventually go for a cultural victory or scientific, I probably won't ever go for diplomatic unless I have a go at a diplomatic civ fanatics challenge. Because peace is for sissies.

Oh yeah I'm getting Bablyon so I may as well play them after Russia's land based annhiliation.

Japan or India. Japans UA makes having an elite army powerful even if it is limited in size, and India because it lets me have few cities.

Yup, I want to own a small fertile island for my self and never add cities to my empire beyond what I can build on the island, and make all cities I capture with my elite armies puppet cities.

Only if I could combine the UA from India and Japan :(

I plan to play Greece. Inevitably, I will conquer the world. But I'll pretty much attempt to experience every aspect of the the game (save for the specific achieving of the victory conditions) in the single game file. I will conquer some city-states, and have alliances with others, I will go through epochs of war and epochs of peaceful building. I'll try to obtain as many social policies as I can, and without purely dominating try to experience every era as well.

Before I conquer the last capitol, I will make sure all cities that aren't my city-state allies are under my control.

America. Since it's cool to hate US and I don't like to follow what's "hip". Also, Manifest Destiny will piss off my neighbors.

America. I like the idea of their UA

Rome. First play through I'll probably stop playing after medieval age anyway, so I may as well play someone who gets early game awesomeness.

Plus, they suit my perfectionist playstyle, I love constructing tons of buildings and making a super-capital.

Egypt all the way, and ill play the wonder-whore i am :)

I was set on Germany like I always am, but then they announced Siam...of course they foolishly did not choose Mongkut as the leader so probably my first game will be as Bismarck.

At first it was going to be Iroquois because I'm really excited to be able to play a Native American civ for the first time since II (I didn't play III or BtS). But I changed my mind, I'm going to play random. That way whatever I get can earn a special spot in my heart for being my first, maybe a civ I wouldn't care for otherwise.

Then Iroquois.

Then India, Russia, and Aztec in no particular order will be next.

I was about to go into more detail then I realized no one gave a crap >.>

Romans for sure.

I love everything about Ancient Rome.
I read their wikipedia pages whenever I am bored at work. I listen to the "History of Rome" podcast by Mike Duncan (fabulous by the way. http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/).

If I were ancient, I would be an ancient Roman....

Too hard for me to say without knowing the UA/UB.

Probably India or the Arabs from UA alone.

If there's a proper earth map with real starting locations, I'll be Songhai. Try to take out Ramses fairly early than turtle in Africa for a while with the Suez chokepoint, meanwhile I'll be taking out as many barbs as I can find to collect the gold bonus, which I will use to either rush units to start taking out (Babylon?), Persia, Ottoman, Greece, Arabia, and Rome, or I will use to rush some territory and culture out.

If there isn't a proper Earth map, I'll play as Siam, assuming I like what his racial bonus is.

Top Bottom