What civ will you play as first?

What civ will you play as first?

• Total voters
Ever play as the Aztecs? :crazyeye:

I frequently rename their city names. 2 of them that start with T look so similar I always get them confused. I play the Aztecs alot because of their position on the Earth map is closest to my home :). So what I usually do is rename their capitol to Mexico, and expand up into the U.S. and use the actual american city names for the corresponding geographic location.

I frequently rename their city names. 2 of them that start with T look so similar I always get them confused. I play the Aztecs alot because of their position on the Earth map is closest to my home :). So what I usually do is rename their capitol to Mexico, and expand up into the U.S. and use the actual american city names for the corresponding geographic location.

Not to get too OT here, but wouldn't their capital be Mexico City?

I love playing the US just because of the city names.

It takes like seventy cities before my city name shows up (in Civ 4, it wasn't even in the list for 3) - but if I'm England, it only takes like 15 or 20. Once I went and looked at the xml, I lost that justification.

I hadn't even thought of that in a while, ha.

Rome; I'm on a Rome kick atm.

When Canadians, Mexicans, and Brazilians start calling themselves "Americans", maybe this complaint might have some ground. :rolleyes:

What do you think they call themselves when they are in Europe? Yes... Americans. WOW.

I live in Chile. WE ARE ALL AMERICANS. SORRY YOU DO NOT OWN TWO CONTINENTS.

What do you think they call themselves when they are in Europe? Yes... Americans. WOW.

I have a hard time believing Canadians who travel say they're "american."

Actually Americans call themselves Canadian when they're in Europe - they get better treatment that way :)

It's a lot idiotic.

An "American" gets off the plane in any country in the entire hemisphere. He claims he's an "American" no sh!7, so is everyone else around you. Now what country are you from?

It's as absurd as a Chinese person getting off a plane in Korea and saying they are an "Asian". Constancy of use doesn't make it much less stupid.

There are no Canadians I know that refer to themselves as "Americans".

As a Canadian, it would seem kind of odd to refer to myself as "American" or "North American".

Actually Americans call themselves Canadian when they're in Europe - they get better treatment that way :)

This is true. The fact that the accents are almost impossible to distinguish helps. I can see the annoyance, but until someone finds a better way to identify the USA, the title sticks.
On topic, I'll be Siam to unleash the awesomeness of the Wat.

It's a lot idiotic.

An "American" gets off the plane in any country in the entire hemisphere. He claims he's an "American" no sh!7, so is everyone else around you. Now what country are you from?

It's as absurd as a Chinese person getting off a plane in Korea and saying they are an "Asian". Constancy of use doesn't make it much less stupid.

Technically you're right, but go to Europe and tell someone you're "american." Where country do you think they believe you're from?

Yeah, but the People of the USA are the only ones who care enough to put 'America' in their own nations name. :)

People from Brazil call themselves Brazilians
People Mexico call themselve Mexicans
People from Canadia call themselves Canadians
If people from the USA shouldn't call themselves "Americans", what should they be called? :confused:

I'll start with France. I like playing peaceful, the bonus with culture sounds great. :king:

Not to get too OT here, but wouldn't their capital be Mexico City?

It always seemed silly to have something listed as city of Mexico city. It seems redundant. :)

Top Bottom