1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Civs Do you Fear Most?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by NankingDan, Dec 10, 2003.

1. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Mmmmm...Ulaanbaatar pie.

2. Stefanskantine

Stefanskantine Angry Partisan

1) Carthage
    2) Carthage
    3) Carthage

3. CIVPhilzilla

CIVPhilzilla Reagan Republican

I hate Carthrage and Greece strong early defensive units always choose to pick on me knowing fighting back would be suicide.

4. Omni Mage

Omni Mage Chieftain

I ussaly have a great deal of trouble with Russia when it comes to the modern era. By that time America becomes a newsence as well.

5. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

1. Carthage
    2. Greece
    3. Netherlands

I HATE defensive UUs.

4. Persians
    5. Romans
    6. Sumerians (That trait combo is broken on a high-level AI)

6. Jonesie85two

Jonesie85two Chieftain

I fear the germans the most, because betray you the most and are as stubborn as hell!!!

7. Lumin

Lumin Niman of Draconis

I HATE GREECE THERE FRIGEN HOPLITES ALWAYS KILL MY SAMARI ARGGGGGGGGGG.

8. testdummy653

testdummy653 Prince

Persia fast workers & strong swordman with an attack strenght of
    4. That attack strength does not come into the game untill middle ages

9. Stop Killing Me

Stop Killing Me Chieftain

#1 Persia - I sooo hate those immortals :)

#2 Germany - No such thing as free trade

#3 Anyone whos about to kill me :p

10. Mr. Cackle

Mr. Cackle Cacklin' since '95

I hate:

1) Vikings -- I invaded him with tanks and marines and his magical vikings (which he had close to 70 of) just try and storm me. Of course, many get slaughtered, but a few manage to kill my tanks

2) Babylon -- If I go for an early conquest, i usually get bogged down by these guys attacking me

3) Germany -- I try and kill him before he gets panzers, but he still is annoying as hell and a liar.

The mongols really aren't a problem for me. They tend to be backwards and foolish, often declaring war on larger nations. I usually "help" them by taking the cities conquered by the larger nation, and thus split their empire and use the mongols as my lapdog.

11. CIVPhilzilla

CIVPhilzilla Reagan Republican

Not any civ in particular just closely allined civs. You go to war to quickly claim the oil they possess. Next turn the whole world is against you. Which is annoying without tanks.

:tank:

12. preciousroy

preciousroy Chieftain

lately, the Indians have been sneak attacking me. They suddenly became gracious towards me after a particular trade, and a few turns later, i noticed a huge stack of war elephants approaching my borders.....

mostly, i hate the zulus and most other civs with early UUs as i tend to keep my early game peaceful. Expansionist civs also piss me off, because their scouts always get to the goody huts right as my lowly warriors are about to...
    the french always end up being huge and powerful, too.

when i first started playing i was always afraid of the japanese (don't ask me why), but since i started playing as them i haven't had a problem.

i'm never afraid of the iroquois, zulu, or aztecs IN THE LATE GAME.... they're always backwards and friendly.

13. Horizon

Horizon Chieftain

Not really fear , but i know that in any game the "warmonger aggressive" civs will always backstab me or will try to create problem when i am in peace.

So when i see that one of those civs is near my frontiers , i know that i will have to conquer a part of their territory or to have enough power to make them think before backstabbing ;)

Usually , if you happen to have less power than those powermonger civs , you can be sure that they will ask tons of thing from you with a 100% certain war if you refuse.

Not exactly the civ you like to have next to you if you are trying to play a peace game :)

14. HamaticBabylon

HamaticBabylon Deity

Zulu- these guys are pure evil

Babylon-Even thou i have had no problem with the Babylonians I still fear them, when they’re in the game. They can be a threat because they could easily achieve a cultural win or the space race win ...if you don't take them out. These guys are my best civ and I choose them every time. So I really don't have a problem with them.

Persia- ;)

America- it's not that i fear them, but rather the polices of the bush administration :lol:

Mongols- they attack when every thing is quite and peaceful.

15. dafunk10

dafunk10 Chieftain

persia - one word...immortals

germany and england never have scared me.....germany never gets big enough and england always get ganged up on at the end of the middle ages

16. Vancouver 2010

Vancouver 2010 Getting Paid to Code

Well, in MP I fear whichever civ that my friend (who likes attacking anything that is within 5 tiles of his border) chooses.

In SP I fear no one. (OK, that's due to the fact that I always play on Chieftain level and can wipe out anyone I bloody well feel like by the time I can build tanks, but that is beside the point -- in theory.)

17. Goober

Goober Turning Right ...

Hmmm . . . I think I know this friend, who hasn't quite learned that that dotted coloured line denotes your TERRITORY. He always claims every-bloody-thing as his terrotory, then even worse, backs up those claims with armies.

I still hate the Carthaginians, Arabians, hmmm . . . and any other Civ that has a city in a city spot that I wanted.

18. kulade

kulade Deity

number one is the zulu.
    1. thier UU is so annoying
    2. they have max aggretion
    3. attack you at the begining

19. kulade

kulade Deity

number one is the zulu.
    1. thier UU is so annoying
    2. they have max aggretion
    3. attack you at the begining

20. Bud2998

Bud2998 Bud the Ironfist

I hate any civ that comes sneaking into my borders with settlers and building cities behind my back while where I plan to expand towards. It makes it even worse if they're a civ with a powerful defensive unit at the time.

Typically, though, when it comes to "playing" a civ, I just fool around with whoever's weakest and closest. Usually tends to be the Japanese or Mongolians. Sometimes the French, too, though.