What Civs Do you Fear Most?

Germany.. we tend to have a bad relationship.. :mad:

What I really fear is being stuck on an isolated island with no resources or luxuries.

As far as civs go I tend to avoid/placate:
- Persia - as soon as Xerxes gets a few Immortals you had better look out.
- Germany - for some reason Bismark really doesn't like me and finds time to issue demands.
- Zululand - Shaka and his Impis can be intimidating at the start of the game but never really factor into things after the Middle Ages.
- Babylon - too much culture and an early UU can cause headaches for you.

Well.

Greeks: Their Hoplite is too good to be worth beating.
Arabs: Always hassle me.
Germans: Same, AND militaristic.
Chinese: Militaristic and rude as well.

But seriously, Greece is the only Civ that is a problem beating early on. I always go for conquests (Find it a bit boring to stay within my borders)

With the Greeks you should immediadly attack their hoplite with a warrior - lose and spoill their GA. Same applies to all early UU-civs, but it's easier to lose against Greece :)

1. Zulus - Ever since Civ1, they've been doing nothing but conquering.
2. Babylon - If you let them, they can become a culture powerhouse.
3. Persia - Not quite the way they were in vanilla 1.07f, but if you let them, they can still conquer, have high culture, and ALWAYS seem to go for a space victory.

Near the end of my first Chieftain level game of Civ1 nearly eight years ago, several Mongol nukes landed on my capitol city which was taken a turn later, destroying my already launched spaceship. Regardless of the fact that I in turn did the same to them and then beat them with a second spaceship, I've never forgiven the Mongols for that...

I guess I don't really fear the Mongols. What I fear is that they won't put up much fight. I enjoy bathing in their blood. It doesn't matter how many of my units may die in the process, or even how many cities I lose. The sacrifice of my citizens and soldiers is all done in the divine duty of eternal retribution. What's more important is the snail's pace torture, dissection and systematic cleansing of the Mongol state. Call it a nice slow sauna style steam cleaning, an overnight BBQ.

Yes, Genghis, I'm talking to you, you sanctimonious prick. I know you're listening. I don't know how you got into my computer or any of my others, but I will kill you...again and again. Don't complain to me about version number. What you did to me in I is never forgotten! Yes, I ignored our ROP and MPP and nuked you! Do you know why? Because you had the nerve to show up on my map!!! Yes the other AI's nuked me for nuking you, but did I nuke them back? No, I nuked you again and again and again and again...

I was a young innocent college lad, lounging in beanbag in my dorm room that ancient afternoon, just trying to chill and build a peaceful win when you sent those ICBM's my way. These days, I'm happy to have a fancy feature like AI respawn so I can kill you multiple times in the same freakin game!.

Yes, Genghis, I fear you. I fear you'll really die someday never to be killed again...and I fear you've wasted thousands of my insurance dollars on wasted therapists.

:mad: I fear Alexander now, somehow i didn't have problems with him on civ ptw, but now in c3c... man...what a warmonger!
I also don't like the Ottomans (they are very fast) and the Americans :(

Originally posted by KaDingir
Dude, you really should consider switching to decaf.
Actually, I've given up coffee altogether. I've discovered that eating paint chips is much more soothing. I just reach over to the wall beside my computer and dig blindly with my finger nails while scouring the map for Mongol units...

I've gotta stop reading your posts while I'm at work: people are wondering what all of the laughter is about.

On the actual subject of this thread: the Persians. The Immortals are very bad news so early in the game, and Persian industriousness can be a serious pain.

Greeks : damn hoplites stop my ancient age aggression.

Persians : always manage to become my major rivals.

Russians, Chinese : too damn big on world maps.

Egyptians : tend to be big.

It used to be the Germans and Persion because you can always count on them to make demands. But the more I play, the more I dislike the Romans and Americans. They are very unpredictable for me. I know the Germans or Persions will make demands. But the Romans and Americans are *just* reasonable enough that I turn down their demands--or they don't even *make* demands--just sneak attack.

Although I have to admit that I got sneak attacked by Babylon in my current game--a first. Of course, the sneak was a horseman and a bowman in the middle ages, so I wasn't crying over it. :)

I know I am in for a wild ride when these backstabbers are my neighbors: Zulu, Persia, and Russia. I plan accordingly (but on the highest levels, it sometimes is to no avail...).

chinese- they are just too big

Germans- that language scares me lol

zulu-cuz they like too kill me for no apparent reason

I have no trouble with the persians probably because thats the only team i am lol

For me the Zulu are always pushovers - they are almost never a threat. They're way behind on techs and usually get wiped out. The Mongols, however, are true blood-lusting war-mongers. They attack even when the odds aren't in their favor. They're manianc. I hate having them as neighbors. They break treaties and invade when they please. In the European theatre the Spanish and the English are both supreme "biatches." But for all time a-holes I'd have to say the Romans. They just don't give a rat's ass about anything - except killing you.

1. Persians (they always seem to be anti-me, except when I am them).
2. Greece (Alexander hates me)
3. Zulu (they're so annoying, with their puny threats)
4. Germans (not the civ really, just the panzers, since I usually go warmonger style in the industrial/modern age).

#1 has to be the romans, their legions never say die

#2 americans, even when we're polite they love the sneak attack!

#3 germany, it's impossible to be resonable with bismark when proposing a trade

Originally posted by superslug
Near the end of my first Chieftain level game of Civ1 nearly eight years ago, several Mongol nukes landed on my capitol city which was taken a turn later, destroying my already launched spaceship. Regardless of the fact that I in turn did the same to them and then beat them with a second spaceship, I've never forgiven the Mongols for that...

I guess I don't really fear the Mongols. What I fear is that they won't put up much fight. I enjoy bathing in their blood. It doesn't matter how many of my units may die in the process, or even how many cities I lose. The sacrifice of my citizens and soldiers is all done in the divine duty of eternal retribution. What's more important is the snail's pace torture, dissection and systematic cleansing of the Mongol state. Call it a nice slow sauna style steam cleaning, an overnight BBQ.

Yes, Genghis, I'm talking to you, you sanctimonious prick. I know you're listening. I don't know how you got into my computer or any of my others, but I will kill you...again and again. Don't complain to me about version number. What you did to me in I is never forgotten! Yes, I ignored our ROP and MPP and nuked you! Do you know why? Because you had the nerve to show up on my map!!! Yes the other AI's nuked me for nuking you, but did I nuke them back? No, I nuked you again and again and again and again...

I was a young innocent college lad, lounging in beanbag in my dorm room that ancient afternoon, just trying to chill and build a peaceful win when you sent those ICBM's my way. These days, I'm happy to have a fancy feature like AI respawn so I can kill you multiple times in the same freakin game!.

Yes, Genghis, I fear you. I fear you'll really die someday never to be killed again...and I fear you've wasted thousands of my insurance dollars on wasted therapists.

Yeah. Those Mongols are kind of annoying.
So, do you like sports?

Sports? Nothing other than basketball. However, I do enjoy cooking a lot. Ulanbaator pie, Genghis quiche, chicken a la khan, Samarkand pudding, pot-broiled Bukhara rosemary, Mongolian-clusterpudding...

Top Bottom