What Civs Would You Have?

If you compare, you listed nations, cultures or states, the Habsburg are your only dynasty. That's why I wonder. Did you misname it, or what exactly do you want to represent with it?

On the Hapsburgs:

I deliberatly included the Hapsburgs as a dynasty. The family wielded a massive amount of power. The family also ruled both Austria and Spain comfortably enough so I don't consider the distinct cultures of both regions a significant arguement against including the Hapsburgs as a playable entity.

On Austria and Spain:

Over the last 5 centuries Austria and Spain are two of the 6/7 European states (with Russia, England, France, Prussia, and Ottomanns if you consider them European) that deserve inclusion. Since they were almost exclusively under the control of the Hapsburgs while they were world powers and they were frequently allied I included them as a single civ instead of two. I'm not aware of their being any historical reason to call them Austria-Spain.

This has the advantage of freeing up space for another non-European civ in what is already a Europe-dominated game.

Top Bottom