Votes: 76 21.1%
  • Emperor

Votes: 31 8.6%
  • Immortal

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Deity

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Immortal/emperor for me. I enjoy emperor more and have been playing around w/ new maps and such, so haven't tried immortal yet.

Noble is the only life the only life for me so...

It just seems more "Fair" to everyone if me and the other civs start out with no advantages.

Besides I think I need some help playing on higher levels as I keep losing by 2-3 times the score for the head civ no matter what I do.

Arrrrrggh!

The happiness and health is constant now on all difficulty levels (which I REALLY like).

I play on Prince right now to get used to all the new features... especially in the late game.

Except on "Settler" difficulty. But of course that isn't really a "difficulty level", so, yeah, you're right.

Yeah, I'd be quite surprised if someone did select Settler... :lol:. I had to put it there for completeness though...

So - the bell curve is still kinda warped, but seems that Noble is the leading difficulty currently. Makes me feel a little more normal :D.

With Warlords I am competitive on Prince and nearly always win on Noble. I'm playing my second BtS game on Noble and I think I'll be going back up to Prince - BtS is definitely tougher for a warmonger like me, but not by too much.

Yay - further proof that I'm a wimp for playing on Warlord!

But now that I'm beginning to understand whipping and chopping I might go up a level!! :eek:

Warlord, but since it's my hols now i'll be intensively playing and probably switching up to Noble at the very least by the end of this week :cool:

About the only playable setting on BtS is Emperor/Immortal and always Aggressive-AI. If you go below emperor the AIs all seem to tech extremely slowly compared to warlords and if you turn Agg-AI off you get random neutered civs who don't defend themselves at all.

Just to clarify I would not even say that I usually win at Emperor and i've only won a handful of times at Immortal - it's just where I find the most fun to be had. Much more fun often fighting desperate wars for survival than marching your SOD over it's 5th out-teched moronic AI victim at lower levels.

I was just starting on Prince when BtS came out so I played my first BtS game on Prince. Much to my surprise, I found it to be much easier than Prince in Warlords. I think the main reason for this is that the AIs tech a lot slower in BtS than they did in Warlords. I've won all my BtS games without any contest so I think I'll move up to Monarch soon.

I can only play as high as noble myself, and even then I can't win as well as I'd like. There aren't as many in-depth strategy guides for CivIV as there are for CivIII, I guess this is due to the time each has been out :crazyeye: .

I've seen some screenshots of some amazing games, where the player is doing really well, and yet it is so early in the game. I want to know where I stand in the general picture of things. Some people have said BTS difficulties are easier, others have said they have become more difficult.

So what do you think?

Well I know of only one good strategy article.... http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151801

Umm, I play Warlord a lot, and I'm not yet in the scale of advancing up to Noble. I know i'm not too good a player, but I play for fun anyway :)

I win just about every time on Noble. I should, in theory, be able to move up comfortably to Prince, but I run into a lot more trouble at that level.

Don't forget the articles in the War Academy (though they are a tad out of date).

Yeah, I check there too. CivIII has an excellent War Academy, CivIV's is yet to develop fully.

What I would like is a Succession Game. I played one in Civ3, with cracker as the 'leader', it was on request from handyandy. It was good, because we all learned tips from eachother's games. With the developments in Civ4, it should be easier to manage a succession game (cracker spent lots of time drawing graphs of interesting stuff, made it hard work for him). I think I will search the forums for Civ4 Succession Games...

EDIT: Made a thread for it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=238128

Have played like my last 5 games on monarch, but stil voted Prince since its the most constant dificulty i have played since civ4 came out. Sometimes i playe warlords to free some work related stress by raping the ai :p

Top Bottom