1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] What do you think of Qui Shi Huang's Crouching Tigers?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lee Duane Fitzsimmons, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Lee Duane Fitzsimmons Full-time Cat Lover Supporter

I have used them several times now and find them to be quite effective.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I think they're one of the worst unique units in the game. It's basically a glorified slinger or a machine gun the later which I never use.

It costs the same as a crossbow, yet dies to melee all the same, and for a bit more you could build knights which would be much better up close anyways. The other thing is nothing upgrades into them so you have to manually build them and it's not that impressive. And not too far beyond machinery, you're getting muskets and bombards.

If you don't have iron though, you can use it as area of denial near your cities, particularly hilly terrain. And if the enemy masses pikemen. Yea that happens.

3. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Yeah, they appear right when the other AI civs are getting muskets. That is a HUGE pain. If they came a little earlier, they would be a lot more attractive.

4. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Imagine a world with no iron throughout the map, on such case the tiger will be a very useful unit.

Otherwise just go for knights.

BTW tiger is a very good defensive unit, which gives cities 50 bombard power, enhanced to 60 if taking the bastions policy card. 60 power bombard means you have to sacrifice many knights to capture Shihuang, since one bombard will deal ~50 damage to a single knight, and 2 bombards (city+encampment)can kill it.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  5. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

I hear ya, Lily..

By the time they finally show up, you already have your knights ready to go.

6. kaspergm

kaspergm Chieftain

They are very good to get the China achievement ... that's the best I can say about them. :scan:

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Building just 1 is worth it as it increases the ranged damage of your cities... unless you are on the rampage in which case your city range does not get used much.
    In heavy terrain they are just fine but its the whole issue with any UU having to be built at full price that stops me building more than 1.

8. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

It's Qin Shi Huang, not Qui Shi Huang. :p