1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to the Aifons?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by kenkrajen, Mar 26, 2009.

1. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Did you just... crack a joke? But, according to my calculations...
    *Hurries off to re-calculate AC*
    :p
    Congratulations to everyone here, BTW. I'll never be able to see iPhones in the same way again... bloody mon-keigh...
    *Thinks about it.*
    Wait a sec... suddenly it all makes sense... all of it. Area 51 is built around a portal (not unlike the Throne of Hell) to Erebus... so Apple sent a cyborg assassin from the future in order to assassinate Kennedy, in exchange for getting the Aiphon souls they needed from the Illuminati to establish the stable time loop... OF COURSE!

2. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Chieftain

I want to know how MC got in Kael's head and what is he doing in there. Surely he can find something about the Aifons.

3. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

:eek:Hmm... MC cracking a joke and KC GONE MADDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!??? I think the AC is gone high from all this iPhone, imean Aifon talk.
    *Thinks about it*
    Could this somehow related to my iPod though, it somehow turned into a zombie robot thing with tentacles and escaped through the window.

4. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

That's odd... Mine only plays tricks on me: my Earphone buds dissapear, and then reappear (seriously...) Nothing on the same level as possession by one of the great lords of hell, like yours seems to be.

5. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

So... Kael is a horrid Lovecraftian creature who was sent to cause the end of the world using Civilization, Apple and the souls of innocent Aifons?

6. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

Thats what my iPhone is telling me

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

No, I highly doubt Kael would be in league with the forces of Cthulhu and Steve Jobs. If he were then we'd be able to play FfH on Macs.

8. Thunder_Gr

Thunder_Gr Chieftain

Do you mean you would know if we could? I do not own a Mac, do you? ;)

9. MagisterCultuum

My sister won a Macintosh a few months ago. I haven't actually tried installing civ on it, but I have read on the forum that Macs cannot use .dll files. That means no Civ IV mod that modifies the SDK can be run. I believe vanilla Civ IV works, but none of the better mods.

10. Breunor

Breunor Chieftain

Yikes, this sounds like the main mystery/plot from Morrowind, doesn't it?

Best wishes,

Breunor

11. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

MC, KC, somebody with a C, prepare for return fire!

12. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

AC...? :p. Ten charactors

13. evanb

evanb Chieftain

This is just the kind of inside humour that makes FFH and its community even more enjoyable :lol:

14. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Chieftain

or survivable. Have you taken a look at the lore from a third-person perspective lately? Yikes. Its horrific.

15. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

hey random q: how long is each age? a thousand years? several? a couple of hundred? i'm curious

16. MagisterCultuum

The lengths of each age vary widely. The Age of Ice was the shortest age at between four and five hundred years. The Age of Magic was probably at least a thousand years, and the Age of Dragons may have even been several thousand or even millions of years. The time before the Godswar may have been longer still, at least if you count the time before the angels left the true heaven.

When one age ends and another begins isn't really clear. (The Age of Ice would be longer if you count the Fall of Ball and the Resurrection of Sucellos as the beginning and end instead of Mulcarn's breaking of the Compact and his death.) While there are some important events that may mark the change, they are largely man made distinctions like the Middle Ages. People living in a previous age likely divided them differently. In the Age of Magic men may have considered the time before the creation of Patria, the time when Kylorin ruled justly, the time of Patrian Corruption, and the war between the 9 successor states to be seperate ages. In the Age of Dragons men couldn't really settle down and form empires, but ages may have been marked by significant, earth-moving clashes between the divine armies, and by other events like the founding of the order of Elohim.

17. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

just the expert kind of answer i was looking for, thx MC.

18. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Oh my god. Oh my god. This is a true story. Okay, my friend suddenly got a call from his dad, but when he picked it up, there was no answer. He called his dad and found out that his dad didn't call him, and that he's dad's phone just kind of went crazy. I said "Yeah, nobody trusts an Aifon" as an inside-joke. He suddenly turned towards me and yelled "How did you know that my dad has an iPhone?"

... A true story!

19. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Chieftain

i still want to know what happened to the aifons. i think somebody here said that their souls may have been consumed in rituals by the sheaim or illians? that sounds plausible. Maybe if we just theorycraft here we'll get an answer satisfying enough that we wont need the Word of God!

20. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Does Danalin know and he lapsed into a coma for the sheer horror of it?