What happened?!

Bobolove

Chieftain
http://i57.tinypic.com/15etsk.jpg

Why cant I click "just one more turn"?! I dont think I build anything to win the game with wonders and such but I did have quite a few puppets??

This s*cks so much!! I just conquered my entire continent for the last 30 turns and didnt save!!! WHAT THE F DO I DO NOW???!

I REALY REALY WANNA BUILD JUST A BUNCH OF WORKERS AND MAKE THIS UTOPIA BUT NOW I CANT!!! THE F!!!!

omg!!! this blows so much

Is there a way I can save game now? Restart it? omg omg

Did somebody else win the game? Why is there no explanation?!?!

i realy realy dont wanna press that "exit to main menu" button :(

You can go to your HOF (Main Menu +> Other) and it will tell you who won. You should also be able to check the Replay.

Ok I see that polustalia won with transcendence victory. I also found out that I have an auto save at 361 turn. Which is just 10-15 turn before they won.

Is there a way to turn off victories and continue playing even after somebody wins? I realy want to develop my continent fully.

I dont understand why I cant click "just... one.... more... turn...." button.

I honestly don't understand how Firaxis let this abrupt end-game problem past QA.

Yeah there really needs some more significant notifications. A larger notice when an endgame wonder would help. I also wouldn't mind knowing the ETA.

"Barre has completed the Mindflower. He will achieve Transcendence in 18 turns!"

That might take away some of the tension of "can I stop it or win in time?" but may be worth it when the other option is "Surprise! You lost."

Yeah there really needs some more significant notifications. A larger notice when an endgame wonder would help. I also wouldn't mind knowing the ETA.

"Barre has completed the Mindflower. He will achieve Transcendence in 18 turns!"

That might take away some of the tension of "can I stop it or win in time?" but may be worth it when the other option is "Surprise! You lost."

But you do get notifications when someone builds the Mindflower/Emancipation Gate/etc.

Granted, it's just a small icon on the side, but it's there.

I just conquered my entire continent for the last 30 turns and didnt save!!! WHAT THE F DO I DO NOW???!
"The burnt finger teaches best."

Won't help you _now_, but in the future: Adjust your Options so the game Autosaves EVERY TURN. Then have the game keep the last 30, 40. 50 turns. If something goes horribly wrong, you can Load last turn's Autosave and hardly anything gets lost. If you realize that 20-30 turns ago you should have zigged instead of zagged, you can jump back to that Autosave and move accordingly.

It's possible to see who's about to win. They just don't write it in big block capitals - you need to use your noddle a little.

On the victories screen you can see what progress each civ has achieved towards a certain victory. 25 percent, 50 percent 75 percent.

Those key points are relevant to certain key steps in the victory quests - I have only completed harmony, so I can't tell you what they all are - but I think for Harmony I was at 50 percent when I'd researched the heavy beaker techs on the left side of the tree. I can't remember what the step for 75 percent was...maybe building the mind flower?

For affinity victories the civs need to have at least 12 levels in the appropriate affinity to build their Wonder.

Soooooooooo...can you see where I'm going? No?

Well, if a civ has 50 percent of the victory conditions, and only 6 levels in it's affinity - then you've got some time. Check it's research rate in the diplo screen and you can see how much in crude estimates.

If the civ has 50 percent of the victory conditions and is affinity level 12...well, I'm afraid you're going to have to get an army over there fast because you've probably got 20 turns for them to build the wonder and get to 75 percent victory and then another n turns for them to win.

Sure, they don't paint it in big black and white letters, but the information is there...you just need to think a little about it and not expect it to be written out for you.
Feel free to correct my percentages with victory quest points -it's early morning. and I can't quite remember how it went

Just load an autosave and destroy the mindflower.

Top Bottom