What have you repaired lately?

Started getting blue screens of death last week. Figured out it was failing memory. Extracted the faulty part, a replacement is on the way. No blue screens since taking the old part out!

Next might be more fan repairs, one of them is getting noisy again. I only applied oil to two of them last summer so hopefully it's the third that was still quiet, otherwise they might need wholesale replacement. Still, can't complain given that the computer is over a decade old. The goal is to keep it going until AM5 is available, if possible.

Do you eat them or give them away?

We're harvesting coconuts. I don't know if this qualifies as a "repair." I've been in my house for more than a decade, and no one has been hit by a fallen coconut. :smug:

My sister got one at her house, whenever it drop the sound was like "BOOM!", geez, if it fall on my head it can break my neck I think. But yea, you have to be that very unlucky guy to be under that tree at the exact time when it falls. If that ever happened, blame yourself :lol: you should go back to the character creation menu and put more luck to your stats, smh :p

@Zkribbler TIL: coconut meat is used in lipstick.

Our back yard is getting a remake that begins on May 9th. It will be transformed from what has been essentially a desert landscape for a decade into, well, that will just have to wait. I'll post some before pics later this week.

Paused for more rain. Got around to changing the oil and fuel filters in the tractors. Had never done that task before. Also do my own laundry these days, and learning a lot. Apparently I come home absolutely reeking of mud, oil, and diesel fuel. I smell like next year's life mixed with a million years of death.

Fixed my fancy dishwasher that was giving an error code that turned out to mean that water was leaking out into the bottom and triggering a leak sensor float under the machine. Had to take the door apart including a bunch of star drive screws, but amazingly I was able to get the water out, seal the leak (I think) and put everything back together(ish). Working perfectly again:D... at least for now.

By a hilarious coincidence, I just fixed a dishwasher leak, too (knock on wood), but mine was a much easier fix. The door has rubber friction pads that keep it from clanging shut. Over time, they break and fall off. I once bought a lifetime supply of them on Amazon. I assume that my leak was the door not closing snugly b/c one of them was broken. I replaced it and have at least two runnings with no leak.

We built a swinging screen door so the cats could go in and out of the kitchen window. :cool: The bad news is that it swings closed on the cats' tails. :eek: I had hoped the cats would learn to keep the ends of their butts. Alas, they are not that clever. :sad:

Search the various manufacturers.

Top Bottom