1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Fall Further? Feature List and FAQ

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Sep 23, 2008.

1. VladTepes

VladTepes Clown Prince of Wallachia

I have not played FFH in a while and never played Farther before, but I noticed "Age: 0" on my warrior and scout when starting a game. What does this mean, that I will have to replace units every so often because they'll die of old age?

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Not at all, it's just how many turns it's been around. In most cases, you can ignore it. It can be used for a promotion prereq, though, and is used for the Jotnar; As your giants get older, they get stronger. Animals also gain strength with age.

3. VladTepes

There is an Octopus Ovelord student unit that I cannot control. He's running haphazardly around my lands. I cannot click on him. WTF??? :confused::dunno:

4. Valkrionn

He's under AI control; It's a standard feature of all FfH mods, called Crazed.

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

No, it's called Enraged. Crazed grants enraged, but does not itself have another effect.

6. Valkrionn

That's just nitpicking, there. :lol:

7. VladTepes

I don't know how certain "new" elements introduced in FF work. I built a Training Yard which is supposedly required to build a Master Smith, but you have to *have* a Master Smith to build a Master Smith...? :crazyeye::crazyeye::sad: Also, how do you found Fabricaforma, the Farmers Guild, etc? I have the prereq techs, but I still cannot build them?

8. Swinkscalibur

Swinkscalibur Prince

all of the above require a great person to be founded. The Master buildings require a great engineer, after one is built the rest can be built in their out cities, the guilds are founded by great people as well with Fabricaforma founded by a GE I think and Farmers Guild founded by a great merchant.

9. VladTepes

Some minor graphics bugs, such as this amusing one where a Champion appears to be wearing a hot pink bodysuit... :p

10. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

What is the implication of the age of a unit? Do they die of old age?
    At which number are the borders between good and neutral, evil and neutral?
    Does it make a difference if you are more good than another civ?

Is it flavour only or are there effective differences?

11. smana

smana Chieftain

he failed to mention the Jontar, who are one of my favorite civs at the beginning

12. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

The Jotnar weren't in the original FF, but were added later. That's why they're not mentioned in the first post of this thread.

They're definitely a fun civ to play, though.