1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Fall Further? Feature List and FAQ

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Sep 23, 2008.

  1. Opera

    Opera Deity

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    Messages:
    4,643
    Thanks both of you.

    So, I guess the same should be said about my gnolls. Someone suggested it in the Ngomele thread I think. It would be tricky to say that they are the creation of another god... Or maybe they just evolved and haven't the spark.
     
  2. Barak

    Barak Emperor

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Messages:
    1,513
    Location:
    Chicago
    Not sure where this question gets asked, so I thought here might be good. As a newcomer to FF, i was SHOCKED to see that I lost a game to a Lightning Cultural victory. I was playing a custom game, as I prefer maps with more opponents in a living world with aggressive AI.

    My question is, what are the standard victory settings on a normal "play game" game.

    Thanks
     
  3. WarKirby

    WarKirby Arty person

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2006
    Messages:
    5,317
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    The quick/lightning victory conditions are the same as the normal versions, but with a lower requirement.

    I find them silly personally, but I could see them being useful for lan parties or such, where the players have a limited time together.

    You can change what victory conditions are applicable in the custom game screen. To be honest, I only ever use "play game" for quick testing of a tweak. Whenever playing seriously, I use Custom game. Everyone should. so much more control over things.
     
  4. xienwolf

    xienwolf Deity

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Messages:
    10,589
    Location:
    Location! Location!
    In the unpatched version I think the problem of Lightning being the default choice was present, but if you are up to date it SHOULD be fixed so that the "normal" time scales are set by default (changed the order of them was all)
     
  5. Barak

    Barak Emperor

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Messages:
    1,513
    Location:
    Chicago
    What are the little icons next to the tribe name? Right now playing as Malakim, i have a sunburst next to my name. I have also seen a wolf next to the Doviello and a small tree next to the Grigori.
     
  6. Opera

    Opera Deity

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    Messages:
    4,643
    I know the wolf means = at peace with animals.
    A sort of head with a blindfold (?) = at peace with barbarians.
    A demon head = at peace with demons.

    I don't what the other symbols mean...
     
  7. xienwolf

    xienwolf Deity

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Messages:
    10,589
    Location:
    Location! Location!
    The sort of head with a blindfold is an orc head, they are the same image as used on the flags for each Barbarian Civ, just get hard to see :)


    Sun Mana Icon means you have Light of Lugus effect (all invisible units in your territory are visible to you), Shadow Mana Icon means you have Chosen of Esus effect (all your units not in cities in your territory are invisible), and Nature Mana icon means you have Dowsing active (can see all resources on the map)
     
  8. Barak

    Barak Emperor

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Messages:
    1,513
    Location:
    Chicago
    Great, thanks for the info.
     
  9. Barak

    Barak Emperor

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Messages:
    1,513
    Location:
    Chicago
    What does Republic actually do? I have been running the civic for quite sometime, and have not seen any Elections taking place. How often are they supposed to happen?
     
  10. far_wanderer

    far_wanderer Prince

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2008
    Messages:
    454
    Not nearly often enough is the best answer I can give you on that one :). As to what they do:
    Each election has a choice between two options. Your first choice has an 80% chance of the first option and a 20% chance of nothing happening. Your second choice is the same for the second option, and the third choice is a 50% chance of either. Most often, you get a choice between two traits (Aggressive or Defender is the one I've gotten the most, but also seen Spiritual, Organized, Industrious, and Philosophical have also shown up), but occasionally you get a choice between Great People.
    That's been my experience so far, there may be other things I haven't encountered yet.
     
  11. Barak

    Barak Emperor

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Messages:
    1,513
    Location:
    Chicago
    Thanks, in some ways I feel that Republic is lacking when those elections don't happen.
     
  12. [to_xp]Gekko

    [to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2005
    Messages:
    7,943
    Location:
    Seyda Neen, Vvardenfell
    how does the AI handle naval behaviour in 051? I'd like to start a game with a continents like map, but I don't want to find out that the AI is crap at that 200 turns in it :lol:
     
  13. UNIT 666

    UNIT 666 One of Many

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2008
    Messages:
    340
    Location:
    Classified.
    Well, Gekko, in a game I just completed earlier today, the Bannor were in a lone, tiny continent - think Australia. They never made any off-island cities, and I didn't see any boats by the time I found them.

    The Scions of Patria were in an island just South of where I started, it was smaller than the Bannor's island, but the Scions were pretty close to the large continent I was on, which had five other civs on it. The Scions never went off-island either, nor did they make any boats...

    So, yeah. I don't think they'll be conquering foreign landmasses any time soon. The naval tech tree probably one of the last tech lines they research.

    I won a religious victory - only me and the Malakim founded religions... Plus all of the civs had absolutely terrible economies... the Bannor and Scions had giant armies, though, because they never fought anyone.


    Unrelated, but I can't think of anywhere to ask, how does the Sheaim ritual Elegy of the Sheaim work in FF, exactly? I was producing them like a madman until I realized that the AC wasn't going up at all from (at least) some of 'em.


    Edit: I should have been more specific: does Elegy of the Sheaim stop working after a certain amount have been made, because it wasn't increasing the raw AC, either.
     
  14. [to_xp]Gekko

    [to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2005
    Messages:
    7,943
    Location:
    Seyda Neen, Vvardenfell
    that's because the ritual raises the raw armageddon counter ( which depends on map size and other stuff ) , while the one that's shown in the interface is a percentage.

    anyway, awww that's sad about AIs. notque's modmod had them capable of doing fine... we need him back :lol:
     
  15. Valkrionn

    Valkrionn The Hamster King

    Joined:
    May 23, 2008
    Messages:
    14,450
    Location:
    Crestview FL
    Actually, unless they were fixed in 051, both Elegy and Hallowing are broken atm. They're missing the tags that make them affect the AC. Fixed it in FFPlus, only reason I know of it. :lol:
     
  16. [to_xp]Gekko

    [to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2005
    Messages:
    7,943
    Location:
    Seyda Neen, Vvardenfell
    oh, then maybe you should post this in the maybe-a-bug-maybe-not thread Valk ;)
     
  17. Vorpal+5

    Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    633
    So I discovered 'The Breach' and creepers with it. How do I use them effectively? I want to nurture them, not sacrifice them...
     
  18. WarKirby

    WarKirby Arty person

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2006
    Messages:
    5,317
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    keep creepers alive. plant them somewhere on the edge of your empire and forget about them for 100 turns or so. They mainly act as scouts and watch for enemies, but if they live long enough they can become haunted lands, or sacrifice themselves to damage incoming invaders.
     
  19. Vorpal+5

    Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    633
    Thanks!
     
  20. Breez

    Breez King

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    Messages:
    924
    They do happen, it is just random and far between. I have gotten 4-6 per game some times (I run republic a lot)

    BTW If you chose the 80/20 and loose then I believe you do not lose the trait from last the last election.
     

Share This Page