What is this wonder?

Probably the Colossus. It's a pretty staple wonder at this point and it's on a water tile, as well as being completely made of shiny metal and not being inside a temple. Safe bet that it's Colossus.

Look at its head - it's clearly Helios, which makes it 99.99% Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus. The actual thing looked probably like this, not like the iconic but not feasible wide legged stance statue

Meh. I'd prefer the wide-legged look tbh. In a game where your leader lives for thousands of years and your units appear the size of the Pyramids (which cover 100 square miles!), why care about realism in such small things?

Meh. I'd prefer the wide-legged look tbh. In a game where your leader lives for thousands of years and your units appear the size of the Pyramids (which cover 100 square miles!), why care about realism in such small things?

This has been always and always will be the poorest argument ever. Like talking about realism (or rather plausibility) of sword combat or economy in a fantasy game (say skyrim or witcher) and then saying "there are dragons so whatever"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against wide-legged look, I really don't care in this particular case, but it's the reasoning that irks me :) There are better ways to criticize realism in civ than this.

This has been always and always will be the poorest argument ever. Like talking about realism (or rather plausibility) of sword combat or economy in a fantasy game (say skyrim or witcher) and then saying "there are dragons so whatever"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against wide-legged look, I really don't care in this particular case, but it's the reasoning that irks me :) There are better ways to criticize realism in civ than this.

I can't tell any single thing in Civ game I care less than the legs of the Colossus.

The spread legs wouldn't make sense anyway, 99% of the time it won't sit in a bottleneck that makes it so ships can only move into the harbor by shipping through its legs. Would just look silly. Like as if he were doing that just to show his manparts to the new arriving ships.

Speaking of that... I can't help but notice that the dress has revealed some fan-service for the ladies. Those of you who always were like: "Mhh... Colossus... if only I could see your butt cheek." - well, there you go.

As a person who has personally visited Rhodes, the Colossus is supposed to have 2 legs on 2 different side of a harbour so that boats could enter through it.

Nevermind, my greek friend wronged me :)
What I said was an old hypothesis, but the length is too big to be possible. It should have actually be more CivLike :lol: :goodjob:

Maybe the colossus spreads legs if one of your ships enters habor? Would suit good for your desires :lol:

I once saw a documentary about the seven wonders. It probably wasnt even in the bay itself, it was in the hills that overlooked it.

Wonders have always been done the most similarly possible to their historic versions

Wonders have always been done the most similarly possible to their historic versions
I assume your talking about their looks and not the effects, because I can't really fathom how a big hunk of rock (Pyramids) can enable Democracy or make a grain silo magically appear in all your cities. :crazyeye: Otoh, since the effects take such liberties, who cares if they look realistic or not? I mean, make the Colossus pink and three times taller than any other wonder, and you might have a problem... But as for the position of its legs, I doubt the number of people who'd be miffed about it is anywhere near the amount who'd think it simply looks cool, without even thinking about if it's historical or not. It's all a matter of degrees, and ofc there will always be people complaining no matter what approach you take. You just try to minimize the complaints, all the while keeping to your overall vision of the game.

@Mustakrakish: In your example, I'd argue that technically anything goes, yes, since there be dragons. But you need to listen to your players, and if they prefer realistic sword combat in a world with fantasy elements, then so be it. In the case of the Colossus, the issue is so minor that it won't even register on most folk's radar. We could make a poll about this to have some numbers I guess... But it'd be one of the most useless polls in history, so I for one won't bother. :p

Yes of course im talking about the looks. Your logic leaves a lot to be desired though

"Wonders have X effect in GP and it didnt irl so i believe they should look w.e. i want even if historically innacurate"

Amazing

Top Bottom