What is wrong with me???

stwils

Emperor
I just got Civ1 DOS yesterday, on 4 floppies. Ancient. Crude graphics. Slow music. Slow game.

BUT I CAN'T STOP PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!

I have Civ3. I have Civ1 for Windows. I have CivNet. I have Civ2.

BUT I CAN"T STOP PLAYING THIS OLD VERSION!!!!!

I only came upon the Civilization world last year.

This old version came out in 1991. I didn't even have a computer then. If I had had a computer then with this old DOS version of Civ1 in 1991, I now would have no eyesight and no friends left.

What is the magic here? It IS magic. It really is.

Please explain what is going on here...

stwils:crazyeye:

This is what I've tried to explain to you...I've been sucked into this game but not civ3...

Now you understand what I've been saying this whole time!

Congratulations on getting this fine masterpiece.

hehehe.. I find it is the same with the SNES version as well. Although after looking at some things at the site, it appears there are some things the SNES version doesn't have which I really want to see. History of the world while generating it.. the chart thing after the game ends, the newspaper, and some of those cheats look hilarious!

Yes now you feel it to:

the special situation called: addicted to Civ.

Well all those Civ II and III's with their fancy graphics and their new units they can't match with the greatest Civ of all time. Only Civ I has this special "just one more turn" syndrome that I felt at no other game. Congrats now you are a really Civfanatics.

Portuguese,

I completely agree with you that Civ2 was the WORST. (I never enjoyed it. Hated the graphics.)

Now I really like Civ3. I really do.

But there is just something so special in the old DOS Civ1. I am so happy that I finally got a copy of it. Civ1 for Windows was not bad. CivNet was not bad either.

But ever since I got this DOS version of Civ1 last Saturday, my life has been different. :)

stwils

Originally posted by stwils
Portuguese,

I completely agree with you that Civ2 was the WORST. (I never enjoyed it. Hated the graphics.)

Now I really like Civ3. I really do.

But there is just something so special in the old DOS Civ1. I am so happy that I finally got a copy of it. Civ1 for Windows was not bad. CivNet was not bad either.

But ever since I got this DOS version of Civ1 last Saturday, my life has been different. :)

stwils

Or this has been writen by me, or by someone that feels exactly how I do :)

Oh, for crying out loud, now I know how all of those Civ3 players feel when people in the Civ2 fourms start knocking Civ3!

Civ1 was a great start. It obviously has led to the fanatics that come here. But Civ1?!? It's a board game conversion for Pete's sake! :rolleyes: :crazyeye: :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

I did play it for years, Portuguese, and I loved it! (emphasis on the past tense, though)

When Civ2 came out, my loyalties switched and I have not looked back. I still have Civ1 on floppies somewhere...

Actually from what I gather it is very very different to the boardgame (though I havent played the latter so cannot speak with absolute certainty).
My understanding was that apart from the name and a few ideas it is basically a quite different game.

I also love Civilization...I AM A CIVFANTIC...I liked Civ 2 and 3....but there is just something about the original.... And Portuguese, in reply to something you posted earlier, it hasn't cause ME to lose friends yet....Just for them to look at me funny... :)

Civ1 reminds me of my Golden Age of PC Gaming that happened when I was in 6th through 7th grade. :love: It started with Transport Tycoon, which came packaged with Colonization and Pirates! Gold and which eventually forced me to buy Civ1. :D :D :D

I love those old DOS games. :love: I've not been able to find anything that made me feel the way those old strategy games did since. I played them for hours and my parents worried. :yeah:

My dad never worries about me playing Civilization. In fact, we stayed up 'till one 'o clock one night playing together.:lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Originally posted by stwils
I just got Civ1 DOS yesterday, on 4 floppies. Ancient. Crude graphics. Slow music. Slow game.

BUT I CAN'T STOP PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!

I have Civ3. I have Civ1 for Windows. I have CivNet. I have Civ2.

BUT I CAN"T STOP PLAYING THIS OLD VERSION!!!!!

I only came upon the Civilization world last year.

This old version came out in 1991. I didn't even have a computer then. If I had had a computer then with this old DOS version of Civ1 in 1991, I now would have no eyesight and no friends left.

What is the magic here? It IS magic. It really is.

Please explain what is going on here...

stwils:crazyeye:

sounds like someone got his first civilization rush, good for you:)

If you can manage to play such a way (days and nights) so you'll have to wear glasses after 2 months, then you are my equal ;)
Ah, yes i woke up secretely at 2.30am to play till 7am everyday, then caught the bus to school. I was then 17. In case you wondered, yes I lacked sleeping but I was used with sleeping in the classroom :)

Top Bottom