Votes: 17 11.8%
  • Clan of Embers

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Calabim

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • Sheaim

Votes: 13 9.0%

• Total voters
I like the Golems of the Lurchuip. I like the style of Balseraphs. But my favorite are the Kuriotates and their fantastic cities.

I voted calabim of course, its no secret i like to slaugther the innocent masses. To coin a phrase from RTW "I want to see blood, I want to bathe in blood, I want to bathe in blood for a week!" :)

My only gripe is when they raze a city!

Certainly in the course of that blood orgy the populace gets consumed my vamps should level up. Instead i have to occupy and gobble up as many as i can. Still fun though, load some up on ships and go eat the coastal towns :)

I managed to narrow down my favorites to 3:

BANNOR: Playing as Bannor I always found The Order and then go on massive Crusades against whoever the most evil civ in the game is. Usually its the Balseraphs, or the Infernals. Love their UU's also.

HIPPUS: Being a Horseriding warlord is great!! Best UUs in the game

LANUN: Playing on an archipelago maphaving founded Overlords, and been first to circumnavigate the globe. I just love ruling an empire that covers several island chains. Great UUs as well

I'm playing Bannor for the first time now, 2nd game of 2015 and at Emperor(???...not Diety) so everything is fresh and new. It's looking like it might shape up to being one of them games where you stay roughly equal to several AI civs until the mid-game, when all the nifty things start coming into play. And Bannor Enforcers are a great unit in the opening game. It's been a lot of fun so I figured good enough: I can vote in this poll now. :p

Fractal offers up another interesting map, this time with many peak ridges to carve up the continent into chokepoints and invasion lanes. The -25% Desert change is making a difference, as I learned the hard way to some Super-Lion that had been killing Warriors all game long in a Desert patch. But the coolest impact on game play was to let me set up a psuedo-Fortress situation.

The Amurites had declared on me. Atfer their initial rush, I pushed a Hunter/Hawk and an Enforcer out to a Plains/Forest/Hill just outside my border. This hill dominated a gap between peak ridges. I figured the Amurites would shatter a few units attacking this strong defensive tile. They had a big ol stack of Warriors nearby, and their first Hunters were showing up.

But the Amurites just paused, watching for several turns. Then I realized what was going on (or maybe just jumped to a conclusion). Thee was no way to move past the hill into my territory without stopping in Desert tiles. This would allow me to attack from the hill into the Desert, whittling down any stack before they could move on. And it worked out more or less like that. They eventually tried to bum-rush past the hill, but by then I had moved up enough of a reserve that none of them got out alive. It played out just people posting in the Fortresses thread were imagining. :)

Now I have a small and friendly Luchuirp to my SE, cautious, big Amurite and a huge cautious Khazad to the east/far east, and a annoyed Evis to my west, smallish Doviello and huge furious Svartalfar. War with the Evils is just a matter of time, and the Neutrals are not quite in love with us. I'm hoping for a nice clash down the road. This mod is so cool when its firing on all cylinders. :)

cant believe more people didnt vote Amurite. Try them with their Arcane/Summoner leader, with the Cave of Ancients.. and enjoy every adept you produce jumping straight to Combat V/Twincaster, be it Conjurer or Wizard. At least till Kael makes Twincast hero only, if he still plans on it... Havent found anything that could stand up to my mage horde yet. :)

Arcane/Summoner ? One of their leaders is Organized/Arcane and the other is Philosophical/Magic Resistant.... You´re talking about the Sheiam (Tebryn Arbandi), and they dont have acess to the Cave of Ancestors...

oops, meant Valadia the Even (Org/Arcane)

After playing the Elohim, they are even cooler than the Bannor. :)

Played each civ at least once, can't say I have any real favorites but I really like the Calabim (bloodsucking girls just turn me on I guess :p) and the Lanun (Arrrrrr)

Also a lot of fun are the Grigori, or the Balseraph (the Insane trait is just too much fun!), or the dwarves with their amazing vaults, ... there are just só many amazing civs in ffh!

Usually I'm a big fan of elves, but imo they are overpowered in ffh so i stopped playing them. (Btw, of the last 5 or so games I played with an AI controlled Ljosalfar, they always had the top score - until they met my armies, that is.)

Top Bottom