what is your favorite unit?

I like the frigate because it lets me reduce city defense without having to build a catapult or a cannon, and they can take out enemy galleons.

Besides uniques and workers, I am split between the catapult and the war elephant. The catapult because it marks the transition in being able to wage early raiding wars to being able to wage serious wars to take heavily fortified cities. It also marks the period of vulnerability for a bunch of the Civs with early UUs or just really good defense (like the Mali, Babylonians, NatAmericans, etc.). I picked the war elephant because no single resource or unit availability changes my classic-to-medieval build strategy as much as war elephants.

I love medieval warfare, so I pick macemen and trebuchets.

I played many games where I agressively (but nonviolantly) settled my cities, and subsequently built up my economy during the classical age to become the tech leader. When the medieval age starts, time is ripe to take out the most annoying neighbour with maces:king:
I just love CR3 maces, which are great to upgrade to riflemen to commence the next conquering spree!

The thing is the can't EVEN destroy a single CITY!!!! LOL!!!!

But they can leave it so empty that a single warrior could take it over... I see nothing weak about (on marathon) 2000 hammers worth of units (less if you use tactical nukes instead of ICBMs) taking out a potentially-infinite number of hammers worth of troops as well as some buildings and nearby terrain improvements, and it can put time-consuming-to-remove radiation on the same destroyed tiles... If you can build lots of nukes, drop 2 on every non-vassal's capital and watch their great and powerful bureau caps become a drain on their empire, instead of the engine that drives it.

Infantry produced on industrial scale (factories+coal plants) has no competitors worthy enough.

I guess that's the reason they didn't create an unique unit replacing Infantry in this game.

East Indiaman is my choise...
Powerfull (+50% vs galleons.. thats much - enemy ships has small chance to survive battle), with lot of space for units (+33% vs galleons.. I can take settler&defender for 2 new cities).. with ability to sail over enemy teritory without Open Borders (sometimes can let to cross some chanel between islands and save many turns)...

I like Tanks or Modern Armor. Yes, it's a little late in the game, but I play until the modern era regularly, and nothing is more satisfying than watching your enemies be crushed by wave after wave of tanks :p

Top Bottom