what is your favorite unit?

None of my immediately-previous posts address the fast worker speed bonus, don't know where you are getting that from.

From this:

There's still the great rail-road build of the middle game.

The three posts immediately preceding, by kochman and calibur, are about Fast Workers; ordinary workers had not been mentioned for some time. So if you weren't talking about Fast Workers, that was a bit of a non-sequitur.

love the berserker. razing the best coastal city of an enemy who never saw it comming: priceless

The three posts immediately preceding, by kochman and calibur, are about Fast Workers; ordinary workers had not been mentioned for some time. So if you weren't talking about Fast Workers, that was a bit of a non-sequitur.

I was pointing out the general utility of workers increases with the mid-game availability of railroads; this stands whether the workers in question have a +1 movement bonus or not. It's not a non-sequitur because the information is relevant and applicable.

I was pointing out the general utility of workers increases with the mid-game availability of railroads; this stands whether the workers in question have a +1 movement bonus or not. It's not a non-sequitur because the information is relevant and applicable.

Capturing workers is also the way to win wars ;) Capture 40 and AI will capitulate ;)

Even if they don't capitulate, it saves you tons of time producing workers and boosts city growth (both with terrain improvements and by avoiding the production of workers with your food).

Even if they don't capitulate, it saves you tons of time producing workers and boosts city growth (both with terrain improvements and by avoiding the production of workers with your food).

Yeah the workers are pretty much awesome and unique unit in the game ! ;) But nevertheless I will stay with the missile cruiser being my fav ^^

...Nearly every turn matters, especially early on.

This and the turn that "took away my Pyramids" couse my rival was industrious thing ;)

Capturing workers is also the way to win wars ;) Capture 40 and AI will capitulate ;)
I recall an exploit someone posted, which went something like:
1 - Gift a bunch of workers to an AI right on your border, next to your military stack.
2 - Declare war.
3 - Immediately capture the workers you gifted.
4 - This counts as a major military victory for you, so you can immediately demand things of the AI.

Maybe you should only be allowed to gift units inside AI cities?

- - -

Anyway, my favorite unit is the Oromo Warrior. They turn the lackluster Musketman into a very impressive unit; they're Draft-friendly; they give free promotions which are otherwise rather weak (Drill 1 & 2), thereby opening up promotions which are much more exciting (Drill 3 & 4).

I recall an exploit someone posted, which went something like:
1 - Gift a bunch of workers to an AI right on your border, next to your military stack.
2 - Declare war.
3 - Immediately capture the workers you gifted.
4 - This counts as a major military victory for you, so you can immediately demand things of the AI.

Maybe you should only be allowed to gift units inside AI cities?

- - -

Anyway, my favorite unit is the Oromo Warrior. They turn the lackluster Musketman into a very impressive unit; they're Draft-friendly; they give free promotions which are otherwise rather weak (Drill 1 & 2), thereby opening up promotions which are much more exciting (Drill 3 & 4).

Accurate and well to the point ! Therefore (as a bored by exploits player) I would say that the very best thing about units is that You can have a use of them (sometimes not so apparent as they were meant to be :mischief:) ;)

No, 37 is sufficient or capture the most possible separate stacks possible, so no need to have such high number of workers. BTW, interesting exploit.

On the other "news" the drill promotion is so much awesome that You could actually consider giving it to pre-mech-infantry troops just to gain profit from it when You upgrade Your "best" units ;)

If only marines and paratroopers could acquire CityRaider promo.:(

City raider is bad as it applies onlt when attacking a city not a stack therefore it is pretty much useless in my opinon ;)

City raider is bad as it applies onlt when attacking a city not a stack therefore it is pretty much useless in my opinon ;)
unless you want to attack a city...

Top Bottom