What leaders do you miss in BTS?

What leaders should have been included in BTS?

• Thomas Jefferson, USA

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • Theodore Roosevelt, USA

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Hiawatha, Native Americans

Votes: 33 16.4%
  • Philip II, Spain

Votes: 53 26.4%
  • Francisco Franco, Spain

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Joan of Arc, France

Votes: 38 18.9%
  • Konrad Adenauer, Germany

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • Canute (Knut) the Great, Scandinavia

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • Nero, Rome

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Maria Theresa, Holy Roman Empire

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • Theodora, Byzantine Empire

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • Vladimir Lenin, Russia

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • Cleopatra VII, Egypt

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • Tutankhamun, Egypt

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Haile Selassie, Ethiopia

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • Abu Bakr, Arabia

Votes: 48 23.9%
  • Xerxes I, Persia

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Jawaharlal Nehru, India

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Indira Gandhi, India

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Chiang Kai-shek, China

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Deng Xiaoping, China

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Meiji, Japan

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • Hirohito, Japan

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • Other

Votes: 46 22.9%
  • I am happy with the included leaders

Votes: 34 16.9%

• Total voters
Maybe it's just regional pride talking, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a Canadian Civilization, even with just one leader - John A. McDonald (Financial/Expansive), William Lyon McKenzie King (Charismatic/Creative), or Pierre Trudeau (Philosophical/Creative) would all have been suitable choices.

Also, we would get the Mountie as a UU and the Hockey Rink as the UB.

(But I wouldn't have minded seeing Knut, or Geronimo, or another Japanese leader.)

May i ask why people want Xerxes I ? :p he really wasent that great there are alot more persian leaders that did more than him

In a number? 300.

I'm not a fan of Xerxes as an option, but he's noticeable now because of the movie.

I voted for pretty much any of the leaders that would give one-leader Civs the option that they should have. Canute, Abu Bakr, Franco, and especially the Meiji Emperor. Much more so than that chump Hirohito.

While I'm not going to open the Hitler can of worms, I see no reason to exclude leaders if they are more infamous than famous. After all, Stalin is in the game. Leaders like Franco, Tojo, *insert own pet favorite here* bring complexity to the game, which is a good thing.

I would like to have some Medieval European leaders (not Joan of Arc) from the times of Crusades and knights: Richard the Lionheart, Barbarosa, etc
There is no true European Medieval leader in the game at the moment (one may argue about Viking guy and Charlemagne but ...)

Having Nero as a leader would be comparable to having Hitler. (Though there are some leaders that already give everyone favorite Austrian a run for his money). He helped to kill Claudius, which put him on the throne, then after having his mother run the country for years he severed ties with her, then when she wanted another youth to take the throne, Nero poisoned him! He was had unsatiable lust, and cared nothing for the many women he married and had affairs with. He slowly killed all political rivals, including his mother, in his drive to absolute power. Anyone who spoke against him was killed or exiled. One of his high points was two succesful wars against Parthia over the province of Armenia, that more or less resulted in Parthis becoming a Roman vassal. He made himself popular with the lowerclasses at any expense, in an attempt to make his dictatorial policies acceptable. And he mercilessly put down the rebillion in Britian led by ever civers favorite big breasted celt, Boudica. In the Jewish rebellion, he destroyed the Temple of Solomon for no reason other than his contempt for Jews and religion in general. He did give massive relief out of his own pockets to the citizens of Rome after the fire that destroyed much of the city. Then when Romans blamed him for the fire, he choose Christians as the scapegoat and had all Christians found to be tortured, crucified and burned. Eventually he was exiled, and commited suicide.

So basically, he was the same as everyonther psycho-dictater. He did some good thigs for his country, but in the end, proved himself to be a madman driven by greed, and a hunger for power, without any restraint from morals or conscience, and had a total contept for religion.

What a emperor... I'm sure Stalin took notes....:goodjob:

I said Lenin. I missed him so much (I'd rather have him then Stalin) I made him! :D (signature)

Al gore for the win :)

^^ I would boycott Civ and Firaxis until I die...

Haile Selassie, Ethiopia for two reasons, one, I have a rastafarian friend, and two, Zara Yaqob after some research was not that great of a leader.

He certainly was not as insignificant as Haile Selassie.

As for certain other suggestions, Cleopatra was not Egyptian at all; she was Greek-Macedonian. The Meiji Emperor is impossible as a leader of the Japanese civ because the Japanese would not accept having an Emperor desecrated in that way. It has been covered in previous debates. Also, I mean no disrespect to Theodore Roosevelt, but does America really need a fourth leader? For the same reason, I am opposed to Joan of Arc even though I really liked her in Civ III.

Lenin is the only one that jumps out from that list. Spain needs another leader though, I agree.

If so, make it Carlos V, not Franco, What's so great about a rebellious general who overthrows the republic, massacres a lot of people (with the assistance of his friends Hitler and Mussolini) and harbours Nazi war criminals after the Second World War?

I voted for Nero and Abu Bakr.

Nero-- because Rome is my favorite Civ in the game, so why not more Roman Emperors for me? Actually, I would of prefered Caligula over Nero. ;)

Abu Bakr-- Only because the Arabians need another Leader besides Saladin.

The ones I would of liked to of seen (but weren't listed are):

Caligula (as mentioned above)
Ronald Reagan (probably one of the best U.S. presidents in history)
Nebuchadnezzar

If you want a good Roman leader, as opposed to a cruel and incompetent one, you should go for someone like Hadrian or Marcus Aurelius.

Other considerations apart, isn't Reagan a bit too close in time? Furthermore, he did not "orchestrate the downfall of the Soviet Union" - the only thing he orchestrated was his own snoring. Still, my basic point is that I think leaders from WW II are already a bit too close in time, and I should like to see Mao go, and I am against all the modern civ leaders suggested. Jawaharlal Nehru, for Chrissake! Why not Sabu?

Top Bottom