What makes you ragequit?

This happens to me frequently. So much so, that immediately upon game creation I save the game under a save title "start". I play the first 20-40 turns to determine whether I have a basic start with needed resources. If not I reload the game then regen the map. I'm all for playing the game with an uphill battle, but seriously, a game with nothing in the way of resources sucks. I want a game that's challenging not un necessarily difficult. After all I like many others play this game for fun. I don't use WB, but under a bad start I will regen the map , many times if needed. The only exception to using WB, is if I have double stone/marble resources. Then I would WB to have one of each resource.

I do this on my multiplayer games with a friend of mine. Neither of us like a game w/o strategic resources, so I'll load the MP. game and play a few turns to let him know if he has copper, horse or iron somewhat nearby. If so, then we know the game is plausible. If we can trade a duplicate resource to the other, then we continue too.

Yeah, used to do something similar when I played with my brother.
But when we played with more that a few we couldn't do that because it took too many starts for everyone to have something. But those were usually one sitting games so you didn't have to suffer for multiple sessions.

I was doing fine close to Astronomy with ~16 cities and slider at 40% research, first to Liberalism
when I met Napoleon with 38 cities.
And knowing the direction this game will be going, I decided to quit.
The competition is dead, because one civ got way too big halfway the game.
I'm done with the endless AI city spamming.
It's time to introduce some sort of city cap like in Rise of Nations.

Losing a 99.9% battle, more than once.

Alternatively, when I was playing FfH, invaded Council of Esus (gives Invisibility with the Holy Sgrine) lands, and got half my army (including 2 heroes, and my highest exp units) wiped out in 1 turn by invisible ???'s.

ouch... if that was me I would be in the process of reinstalling CiV from scratch :D

This is a candidate. Lost a citywalled city (with horse and copper) :mad:
Spoiler :

Update :

Aaaaand the bastard barbs does it again. Something tells me I havent sacrificed enough recently to the RNG.
Will my first born do?

Spoiler :

2nd update :

And I just lost the city again :(
RAAAAAGEQUIT!!!!!!

Spoiler :

Those are mighty tough barb archers! :eek:

Hi,
what mod are you using for changing the resources graphics?
My VIP mod. If its just the terrain graphics you want, I isolated it here

Those are mighty tough barb archers! :eek:

It was a slaughterfest from the early beginning. I'm usually not the one crying "RNG is broken" but the amount of defeat I've experienced lately (including animals showing signs of demon strength) certainly points in a "this is not just selective memory"-direction ;)

Maybe its time to lift the hood of the battle-engine and do some tweaking.

Deity difficulty... It is very difficult.

It wasnt even Deity. It was emperor (which is unmodified in my mod, except for some health/happiness reduction). And it wasnt raging barbs either ;)

My VIP mod. If its just the terrain graphics you want, I isolated it here

It was a slaughterfest from the early beginning. I'm usually not the one crying "RNG is broken" but the amount of defeat I've experienced lately (including animals showing signs of demon strength) certainly points in a "this is not just selective memory"-direction ;)

Maybe its time to lift the hood of the battle-engine and do some tweaking.

It wasnt even Deity. It was emperor (which is unmodified in my mod, except for some health/happiness reduction). And it wasnt raging barbs either ;)

Heh I do play with RB on in your mod Vinz, and the amount of rage quit stories I could tell would make Tolstoy green with envy. You sure that the Barbs haven't hijacked your mod and gave themselves Buddha and Islam promo's at the start? Not to mention having 4 leaf clovers stashed in their loin cloths?

If I ever get beat to the Pentagon... Having another civ get infantry before me tells me "I SUCK" and i just have to give up.

Most other major annoyances make me load up the 4000bc autosave, for another go at it.

Does this count?

Spoiler :

^^ After losing about 8 of 10 battles with 68% to 91% winning odds, the keyboard right out of the blue violently assaulted my right thigh. Almost as unexpected as winning a combat with superior odds. I found the ordeal quite rude to be honest.

:mischief:

I didn't actually quit though, but finished the combats that turn and then saved. Hate it when the Random Loss Generator f***s you up like that. I feel like throttling the people who programmed that garbage.

This game really finds special ways to push my buttons :(

Really bad luck or a really bad situation in the early game can sometimes piss me off too much. But mid/late game when an AI peace vassals to so the one monster AI I have no chance against or it would require too much time/work to survive. I really hate peace-vassaling.

In light of my recent b1thcing, I have to say it have gone quite the opposite way in my current game. Quite a few critical 75+ attacks from enemies were defeated, and this one, which is an attack on a horseman, which then retreats, and brings in another horseman. The later is defeated though odds were far from good.
Spoiler :

I've quit many games for various reasons, usually boredom with whatever scenario was happening. I rage quit one time, though I guess I can't call it a real rage quit because I wasn't mad. Just a bit confused.

I was playing earth 18 civs and I was America. Very shortly into the game (I had only two cities at that point) a continuous line of barbarians (unknown to my scouts, thanks idiots) began attacking my cities. I was barely able to keep up a defense enough to survive. I had one city taken and then was barely defending my last one. They just kept coming. I welcomed the challenge but after a long time of this pattern, I just quit because I knew I'd eventually die anyway and I assumed I'd mistakenly selected to make the barbarians aggressive. Turns out I didn't. It was just bugging I suppose.

Been watching Absolute Zero's Lp as Wrath of Khan of Mongolia, just 3 parts left to view. Man it's incredible. After seeing what AZ has gone thru I would feel terrible to rage quit. AZ's video inspires me to play on in spite of a difficult situation. As a long time civ player since the days of civ2, AZ has my highest of respect.

I usually quit when I know Im about to lose. For example, if another civilization is more culturally influential than me and he or she is about to win cultural victory, thats when I ragequit.

Quite like it if one AI is wonderwhoring, especially if he/she is close by. Both Mausoleum of Mausollos and the Great Lighthouse in Cuzco you say? Let's have a meet 'n greet, shall we?

:hammer:

Top Bottom