What makes you ragequit?

Every time I play the Koreans.

Seriously, with the Financial trait, with a university UB, and with a catapult UU, they sound right up my alley. But for any number of reasons, I have never finished a game as the Koreans and now I just quit whenever they come up as my randomly-selected civ.

I have the same issue with the Mayans. I have yet in all the years of playing civ, managed to complete a game as them. I swear, the game is rigged whenever I choose them :mad:.

Just experienced something totally new. This one erases all previous bitter memories:

Enemy has 1 badly damaged archer in city. I´m willing to sign peace on that turn, so I´d like to get the city first. I have left turn for 2 units: badly wounded Elephant and super medic.

Badly wounded elephant has 18% of success, super medic has 95,4%. I have a bad stomach feeling, but I make the move. Yeah, my super medic dies, does some additional damage tho. Now my elephant has 99,44% of success. I don't have the bad stomach feeling this time, Im badly injured myself with a loss of super medic and CAN NOT BELIEVE my god damn eyes, when elephant dies too!

As its challenge series and reloading not an option, one-in-thousand start with decent success just wasted. RAGE QUIT it is!!!:mad:

Badly wounded elephant has 18% of success, super medic has 95,4%.

I think I've read somewhere that GG-units have a 50% higher chance of dying.

What makes me ragequit btw. is, that when playing for Conquest, one has two chances, either kill all Civs or vassal all Civs.

The problem comes through the HoF: Conquering 40-50% of the territory and vassaling the remaining Civs is the fastest way, however it can easily happen that one surpasses the Domination limits when vassaling the remaining Civs on the last turn.

Then, chances are 50% for Domination and 50% for Conquest, so if one wants to go for really fast Conquest, one has to invest 30h+ into a game to only in the end rely on a coinflip.

Really ridiculous if you ask me, and only found out by accidental testing after I read the word "Domquest coin" somewhere.

This wasn't so much of a ragequit as a "deception quit". I wanted to try Always war... and this is what I get!!! :badcomp:

I think I've read somewhere that GG-units have a 50% higher chance of dying.

I hardly believe that, do You have a link? In some games I have used generals for promoting first hit city riders. therefore they get many turns to attack and I still haven't noticed that they would die somewhere "out of odds".

I think it was a joke. I regularly use my supermedics for combat.

It was no joke. I even remember a discussion with Tachywaxon and some part of code.

No link, was too long ago, sry. Maybe someone else can spread some light.

I btw. also use my Supermedics in fights regularly, but never below 98% chance. I remember having lost at least 2 of them even with that chances and them getting injured severly often.

I usually give up when my weakest cities focused on productions for Space Race are destroyed by barbarians, or the enemy suddently get a sudden giant quantity of points 10 turns for time victory

I've got another one. Although this should really be a cautionary tale with the lesson being "know the mod you are playing".

Started a Legends of Revolutions (LoR) game, and got a killer start location. Stone to settle on, wet Corn, Clam, and Goldx2. Awesome, right? I got off to a fast start, and decided to build the Great Wall (I'm Stalin, I have Stone, and this was a large map, low sea level, and only 6 other AIs, so it made some sense).

Got the GW built, no problems. All the AIs are far away. Lots of barbs wandering around, but that's fine, because I have the GW. I spot a barbarian city just on the edge of the black unexplored lands. Take a look, and all it has are 3 Archers. Which are no threat, because they're Archers, and besides, I have the GW.

Except that this is LoR. 2 turns later, I get a "The Viking city state has emerged" message. That barb city is now a Viking city, so the GW won't hold them out. That's fine, because all they have are Archers.

Except that this is LoR, so the Viking Civ spawns a mini-stack of Chariots. Which is fine, because I have a Spear and 2 Axes in my capital. The AGG Spearman should make short work of them.

Except that this is LoR, and Chariots have a +50% against all Melee units, instead of +100% vs Axemen. So the Spearman goes from being an rock-solid counter against Chariots to a "pretty good" counter. But as the mini-stack of Chariots approaches, I realize that I can attack with my Axemen, since they have a 5-4 STR advantage over Chariots and the Chariot bonus only applies to attacks.

Except that this is LoR, and the Chariot +50% applies to both attacks and defense... AAAAND the Axeman is just 4 STR, not 5. So attacking with the Axemen is likely suicide.

And now it's too late to whip. I watched as my Spearman beat one Chariot, my 2 Axes lost to 2 other Chariots, and the Spear lost to the last Chariot. Buh-bye capital. I had 2 cities left, but Alt-F4'd regardless.

My next game will be K-Mod.

I can't say if you want to call it a ragequit, since I start out with the intention of quitting as soon as the game starts to go down the drain. However, when I try a new-to-me mod, I don't try to win or even do well. Instead, I play to try out everything that is different in the mod from regular BTS, with the intention of quitting once things get out of hand too badly. If I like what I have seen so far after I quit, then I will repeat trying out new features that I did not get to the first time. If I like what I found, then I will play a real game. Otherwise, I put that mod aside.

Just a couple minutes ago I lost 3 85% Riflemen against a Calvary while delivering only very minor damage, so I know what you mean. The next turn I lost 7 of 8 Trebuchets that had 66% odds. Annoying, but that's the way the game, and war, goes sometimes.

I think losing good odds could make me quit but that's why you have to have enough units. What could make me quit is taking forever in a domination victory while losing many units foolishly. Being behind in technology could make me quit and have me rely on the luck which sometimes does work. Defeating units with poor odds does happen sometimes.

In one of my stories in the Civ 4 S&T I was met with the worst demise to ever be bestown upon anyone. As Brazil in RFC Dawn of Civilization I had spent two hundred year building the most powerful empire in the world. I was one turn away with the highest score. Then the damn Americans landed on Alpha Centauri and ended my incredible story on a low note and everything was crap and I was sad for like three days straight and was in a partially depressed state because I had put so much effort and was so excited for my story to end in victory, yet it didn't. Bastards.

Starting with no copper, no horse, no iron and not wanting to do another game of LB&Cats attacks.
Especially, when the UU requires that resource.
This happened when I had Hannibal and wanted to try a game heavy with numids. Nope. LBs again. rage quit.
Similarly, with India, which doesn't have a combat advantage. So when Ragnar next to me shows up with his AGG axemen stack vs my archers because he had copper, and I didn't and I had no horse to counter.

Starting with no copper, no horse, no iron and not wanting to do another game of LB&Cats attacks.
Especially, when the UU requires that resource.
This happened when I had Hannibal and wanted to try a game heavy with numids. Nope. LBs again. rage quit.
Similarly, with India, which doesn't have a combat advantage. So when Ragnar next to me shows up with his AGG axemen stack vs my archers because he had copper, and I didn't and I had no horse to counter.

This happens to me frequently. So much so, that immediately upon game creation I save the game under a save title "start". I play the first 20-40 turns to determine whether I have a basic start with needed resources. If not I reload the game then regen the map. I'm all for playing the game with an uphill battle, but seriously, a game with nothing in the way of resources sucks. I want a game that's challenging not un necessarily difficult. After all I like many others play this game for fun. I don't use WB, but under a bad start I will regen the map , many times if needed. The only exception to using WB, is if I have double stone/marble resources. Then I would WB to have one of each resource.

From a game just now:

After long careful analysis of map and neighbours, decide very early to go for a Treb war. Get Aesthetics - Mathematics - Alphabet - Masonry - two Scientists...ready to bulb to Trebs? Guess who thought it would be a good idea to get Fishing included in some trade for that single seafood, thus invalidating my whole bulbing chain...ragequit it is!

Losing 50% of my Army with 80%+ odds when I'm playing a Gauntlet (HoF) against other players, and when I got a dreamstart and Mids were built directly in the neighbourhood.

Losing a 99.9% battle, more than once.

Alternatively, when I was playing FfH, invaded Council of Esus (gives Invisibility with the Holy Sgrine) lands, and got half my army (including 2 heroes, and my highest exp units) wiped out in 1 turn by invisible ???'s.

Top Bottom