What Mods do you want to see come out first?

Apologies if I'm necro'ing this thread a bit, but seemed redundant to create a new thread asking the exact same question.

Without further ado...

1. R.E.D. Modpack. First mod I ever downloaded, and I still stand by it. I get that new unit designs and requests will take a while to complete, but at least a rescaler.

2. Perfect World. Or at least, another world generator. As someone posted earlier, Firaxis maps tend to be... Poorly laid out.

3. Thalassicus' Communitas. After playing countless hours of CiV, I picked up his Communitas mod (A collaboration of other mods) and it basically re-invented the game for me. So maybe this one can wait a while, but even still, I'd love to see hints of this mod (or something like it) being started early on.

And, of course, more Sponsors because 8 just won't be enough diversity for me. Gotta have my options.

On a side note, I really hope that a DLC/Expansion comes out that involves water-based cities. But to keep it from becoming a case of city-spam, where the AI puts a city in every available tile over the water, maybe limit the number of water cities based on something? Like, every 2 or 3 land cities allows for a coast/ocean city?

A basic UI mod I would like to see is one where buildings' tooltips are updated to show what their full yields are *after quest decisions*. It seems like a major oversight to not have this represented in an easy-to-find manner.

Never mind, they do show this.:crazyeye:

Oh, and someone. Please. I beg you. Star Wars mod.

Start as Republic, then the affinities take you to Separatist, Imperialist, or Rebel Alliance. Custom unit design.... Star Wars based tech... Cruisers in orbit instead of satellites... CiV got A Mod of Ice and Fire. BE could have A New Hope Mod.

I second or third or whatever the SMAC/X mod. I suggest the smackinistas start on this immediately.

1. Something akin to the in-game cheat mod for civ 5 (for scenario building.. )

2. Maybe mods that can streamline the UI interface better?

3. Uh.. is there no map editor? The SDK only have lua and IDE...

Tek

Request: New resources mod based on previous Science fiction games/movies: Eve online, Real Minerals, Unobtanium, Elite: Dangerous, Perpetuum-online, World of Warcraft, Minecraft...etc.

I'd personally enjoy seeing those warhammer 40k that are a part of the Community Call to Power mod, maybe as a conquest affinity or something. That and using the orbital layer to drop units on the enemy.

I'd personally enjoy seeing those warhammer 40k that are a part of the Community Call to Power mod, maybe as a conquest affinity or something. That and using the orbital layer to drop units on the enemy.

Warhammer 40K sounds possible, although I wish there was something similar but more high fantasy and not a dark grim universe, something different from warhammer in terms of atmosphere.

Technically the mods would be considered cheat mods but would be nice to see.

-City Radius extension. Maybe make it so that you can choose the amount of tiles?

-Forgot who made the mod but was an ingame map editor that you could paint different tiles add resources, units, etc.

-Mod Manager

Are the modding utilties and tutorials from Civ 5 similar to whats used in BE?

a mod to change the Virtue System into the Social Engineering system of SMAC.
The Virtue system is bland.

How about a supremacy army vs. the old Earthlings on Earth? You play as the humans and you have to figure out a way to defeat the monstrous machines. Let's say the supremacy units are 7 to 10 times stronger than the Earth units. This would require some ingenuity for the human player to come out on top and prevent humans from being 'emancipated.'

How about a supremacy army vs. the old Earthlings on Earth? You play as the humans and you have to figure out a way to defeat the monstrous machines. Let's say the supremacy units are 7 to 10 times stronger than the Earth units. This would require some ingenuity for the human player to come out on top and prevent humans from being 'emancipated.'

If you remapped the aliens to supremacy units...
That could work.

I have a ton of ideas.

-double the map size and the number of moves per turn for all units (this should help prevent traffic jams with 1upt)

-Whole new set of sponsors and leaders so the game doesn't feel like a TED talks fairy tale. Why couldn't suzanne fielding be really sketchy like nwabudike morgan? In fact, what eeps there from being more than one sponsor company for region (i.e. an american based corporation vs the remains of NASA honestly the vanilla storyline isn't that interesting compared to SMAC)

New textures for everything to make things look more gritty (even the planetfall mod for civ4 didn't really capture this.) Replace floatstone with something less james cameron-y.

How do you make good terrain textures anyway?

Multiplayer mod, as in playing it as a mod, not having to work files into the DLC file.

I play mostly with my mates, but it seems to me this must be possible, if only I could find the multiplayer files of the game itself lol.

Top Bottom