What needs fixing before we release V34

I have also found another AI issue.
The AI founds Cities next to volcanoes

Of course they do. The land is richer and there is a really nice building that can be built there. Eruptions should not affect anything in the city when they happen.

edit If we are going to use that bug tracker then
1) we need to use it for everything
2) someone will need to make sure that bugs reported on the bugs thread get an entry in it
3) when any one commits a fix to the SVN they will also comment on the tracker that they have
4) when a new version goes out all bugs fixed get closed as part of that release.​

Of course they do. The land is richer and there is a really nice building that can be built there. Eruptions should not affect anything in the city when they happen.

Great way to get Obsidian also. (I believe)

Ok then this is not a issue i just had a AI build it's second and fourth cities next to volcanoes and thought this is might not be a good choice.

There are more new techs without any content then I thought... Obviously, for Pullyweel would be an early Crane type building. I'm not sure how close Pullyweel is from the tech that enables the earliest Crane thou.
You already mentioned Taxanomy and your plans for it. I will have a look at what you did with your bears, but I'd prefer it if you could post it just like Hydro posted your Breeding buildings:

Cost, Prereq, general effect and then for what animals you want them (and what other prereqs they might have).

I will make a list of all empty PH/Ancient/Classic techs until tomorrow and think about some buildings/effects/units etc to put in or how we can move some stuff to fill them.
Empty techs are really annoying for new players I guess (at least for me it is).

Also, was anything changed regarding flammability? I now get TONS of burning down events and I haven't seen those in V31-32 at all?

Also, was anything changed regarding flammability? I now get TONS of burning down events and I haven't seen those in V31-32 at all?
I mentioned this (original posting).
DH suggested it may be related to the fact that no other event is applicable at the given time. For me the event triggered more or less each time I crossed the trigger threshold of 50 flammability (according to the xml file), which basically happens as soon (within a few turns) as I build a smokehouse. My personal fix was the increase to 100 flammability. Then again the 50 flammability should only be the lower limit, given a small probability to cause the event to trigger, now it's more a fixed trigger with 100% probability of occurrence (in my current game).

P.s.: If this post should be in the discussion thread pleas feel free to move it there.

EDIT: Ok I was wrong, the 50 flammability threshold has nothing to do with this event. It seems DH is right in his analysis that the absence of other events simply happens to enforce the fire event.

Currency is 5 Columns away from Writing but you can still research it! This certainly needs fixing. Any idea when Mr Azure will be back?

Also, Board Games are required for Ceremony, but Board Games is one Column AFTER Ceremony.

Maybe we should look at the Techtree in detail if there are more of these "bugs"

----------------------------------------

List of empty Ancient Techs: Feel free to add suggestions!

Community

Something like a Meeting Theater? Could reduce Maintenance.

Consciousness

Standartization

Like Counter's Hut: Standartisation Hut -> Replaces Counters Hut, upgrades to Officum. Obsolete with Civil Engineering. +2 :gold:, -5 Crime
Tweak Officum so it gives +3 :gold: and Modern Offices so they give +5 :gold:

Ceremony

Exploration

We could move the Explorer here.

Pulley

Pulley Weel -> Obsolete at Steam Power, upgrades to Threadmill Crane; +10% Building Production, requires Rope and Iron/Bronze/Copper Wares

Textile Loom

Here could fit an upgrade link between Weaver's Hut and Cloth Mill.

Resourrection

Leisure

Maybe here we could move some sports buildings?

Magic

- A Magic Show that gives :) and :gold:
- +1 :culture:, +1 :gold: for Theater

Ornamentation

Reincarnation

Specialization

Gears

Cousine

Something with Spices; I haven't really figured out what. Like a Cousine building that gives +1 :food: and then +1 :food: from spices, Sugar etc.

Central Heating

+1 :) from Upper Class Houses

Hydraulic Mining

+ 1 :hammers: from Mine -> might need to adjust Shaft and Moderne Mine then.

Linguistics

+ 1 :science: for School of Scribes

Vetarinary Medicine

Anatomism

@DH:

I saw you Story Buildings. Very cool idea! :goodjob:
So I need the following (correct me if I'm wrong)

1) A "Story of" Building for every Myth. -> Can be build by subdued animals at Taxanomy. Replaces Myth and gives +1 Education.

2) A "Stories of" Building for every Myth. -> Can be build by subded animals at Heritage. Replaces Myth and gives +2 Education. Free Effect-Stories of Building in every City. Can't be build in the same city as Effect-Stories of.

3) Effect-Stories of Building for every Myth. Gives 2 Education. Can't be build at all.

4) Stories of Buildings for every Subdued Animal. -> Can be build by subded animals at Heritage. requires Myth of that animalsand gives +2 Education. Free Effect-Stories of Building in every City. Can't be build in the same city as Effect-Stories of.

5) Effect-Stories of Building for every Animal. Gives 2 Education. Can't be build manually.

Is the above list correct? Aren't Taxanomy and Heritage so close together that you'd never build Story of?

Do you have a list of all Subdued Animals and a List of all Myths?

Community

Something like a Meeting Theater? Could reduce Maintenance.

I was thinking of moving one of the Administration buildings here.

Exploration

We could move the Explorer here.

This was already planned. Just have not got around to it. Also have to see if it messes up the Guide.

Magic

- A Magic Show that gives :) and :gold:
- +1 :culture:, +1 :gold: for Theater

I don't think its that type of magic.

Cuisine

Something with Spices; I haven't really figured out what. Like a Cuisine building that gives +1 :food: and then +1 :food: from spices, Sugar etc.

But we already have spice trade.

Veterinary Medicine

The Ancient Veterinarian should go here.

-----

So if I post more buildings in the building topic are you able to make them like we did in the past?

Yeah, I can make them. Might take me a bit longer but I will "rush" them as soon as possible since these empty techs really made me sick :mad: If I wouldn't know for sure that it's better after this, I might had quit this game... So this is a huge priority for me :crazyeye:

I also think there are some techs that really need more content. Just one unit or one building or "+1 :gold: for Building X" is too few IMO.

I might be repeating stuff already mentioned but here are a few sevopedia related issues.

Roads link to wild animals

If you look at the Financial Trait's leaders window, you get a giant effing picture of skit-ei-get

Command points on great commanders makes no effing mathematical sense, more explanation on that deal would be nice.

Still trying to wrap my head around this amazingly complex mod, not even at 0 AD!

I might be repeating stuff already mentioned but here are a few sevopedia related issues.

Roads link to wild animals

If you look at the Financial Trait's leaders window, you get a giant effing picture of skit-ei-get

Command points on great commanders makes no effing mathematical sense, more explanation on that deal would be nice.

Still trying to wrap my head around this amazingly complex mod, not even at 0 AD!

This needs to be in the discussion thread, so if you want to respond, pls do there, thx.

I don't know if anybody noticed but in the SVN (24h ago) I am PRETTY sure that +XX% Modifiers for Science and Gold are NOT working at all. I build the Silk Road and it says 50% :gold: but actually it gives me nothing. When I hover over the :gold: icon in the city that lists all incomes, it only says: -5% :gold: from civics, +10% :gold: from Wonders. But it says the same in ALL of my cities. I also didn't see my national :gold: income increase when I built the road.
Same with Knowledge Inheritance: It only gave me +1 :science:, the 25% didn't appear neither in the city on the :science: icon nor in the total :science:. It still SAYS it would give +25% :science: thou...

This is a really major issue!

I don't think any building that upgrades should become obsolete, rather it should become free in new cities at the tech it would have been obsolete instead.

@DH:

I saw you Story Buildings. Very cool idea! :goodjob:
So I need the following (correct me if I'm wrong)

1) A "Story of" Building for every Myth. -> Can be build by subdued animals at Taxanomy. Replaces Myth and gives +1 Education.

2) A "Stories of" Building for every Myth. -> Can be build by subded animals at Heritage. Replaces Myth and gives +2 Education. Free Effect-Stories of Building in every City. Can't be build in the same city as Effect-Stories of.

3) Effect-Stories of Building for every Myth. Gives 2 Education. Can't be build at all.

4) Stories of Buildings for every Subdued Animal. -> Can be build by subded animals at Heritage. requires Myth of that animalsand gives +2 Education. Free Effect-Stories of Building in every City. Can't be build in the same city as Effect-Stories of.

5) Effect-Stories of Building for every Animal. Gives 2 Education. Can't be build manually.

Is the above list correct? Aren't Taxanomy and Heritage so close together that you'd never build Story of?

Do you have a list of all Subdued Animals and a List of all Myths?

I did the amphibian one wrong so the "Stories of.." needs to change.

1) There should be a story of for every animal ie one for wolf and one for fox and one for arctic fox but they require the Story of animal type in any city first. Ie those mentioned would require the "Story of Canines". These can be built by the animal.

This allows you to build the various "Story of" around your nation.

The "Story of <animal type>" requires the "Myth of ..." somewhere in your nation.

The Myth buildings can't be replaced by the "Story " buildings because they have effects on other buildings. I will need to tidy them up a bit.

Each story only gives +1 education in the city. There are lots but you wont be able to get them all.

2) I want Bards (new story teller line), Entertainers and Celebrities to be able to build "Stories of ..." a National Wonder requires "Story of..." in the city and gives that story free to all cities. It also gives +2 education and +1 point towards Great Artist (maybe).

3) At Heritage I want to simplify the animal availability in all cities. I have shown what I want for the Mega Fauna with the Bears now we need one for the Bison/Deer/Rhino/Zebra/Giraffe Trainer.

The problem comes with dogs and cats; camels, horses and elephants etc.. I don't want to give a herd free in each city as that will just break trade further, so it needs some further thought and discussion.

2) I want Bards (new story teller line), Entertainers and Celebrities to be able to build "Stories of ..." a National Wonder requires "Story of..." in the city and gives that story free to all cities. It also gives +2 education and +1 point towards Great Artist (maybe).

Note that the Storytellers can already make the various prehistoric dances (ex. War Dance, Fertility Dance, Rain Dance). Note cities cannot build those anymore, only through the unit.

In short along with your stuff the Storytellers are being a lot more useful. :beer:

Note that the Storytellers can already make the various prehistoric dances (ex. War Dance, Fertility Dance, Rain Dance). Note cities cannot build those anymore, only through the unit.

In short along with your stuff the Storytellers are being a lot more useful. :beer:

The problem is that currently you don't know when you can build those buildings. It make things awkward. If there were a way to tell Story Tellers to build any of those buildings wherever they can get to safely in your nation that would make them useful because you could make a small stock pile and when it disappears build some more.

I don't think any building that upgrades should become obsolete, rather it should become free in new cities at the tech it would have been obsolete instead.

I did the amphibian one wrong so the "Stories of.." needs to change.

1) There should be a story of for every animal ie one for wolf and one for fox and one for arctic fox but they require the Story of animal type in any city first. Ie those mentioned would require the "Story of Canines". These can be built by the animal.

This allows you to build the various "Story of" around your nation.

The "Story of <animal type>" requires the "Myth of ..." somewhere in your nation.

The Myth buildings can't be replaced by the "Story " buildings because they have effects on other buildings. I will need to tidy them up a bit.

Each story only gives +1 education in the city. There are lots but you wont be able to get them all.

3) At Heritage I want to simplify the animal availability in all cities. I have shown what I want for the Mega Fauna with the Bears now we need one for the Bison/Deer/Rhino/Zebra/Giraffe Trainer.

The problem comes with dogs and cats; camels, horses and elephants etc.. I don't want to give a herd free in each city as that will just break trade further, so it needs some further thought and discussion.

I am STRONGLY against making them NWs since the limited wonders option would be totally broken then. Keep in Mind that you mostly have only a few very important and already specialized cities at that time. Your core cities would end up totally messed up with NWs and can't build the important ones later.

I will first start with the Story of <AnimalType> first. Again, do you have a list of all Myths (with tags) by chance? Or were can I find them?

I am STRONGLY against making them NWs since the limited wonders option would be totally broken then. Keep in Mind that you mostly have only a few very important and already specialized cities at that time. Your core cities would end up totally messed up with NWs and can't build the important ones later.

I will first start with the Story of <AnimalType> first. Again, do you have a list of all Myths (with tags) by chance? Or were can I find them?

Having a them as National Wonders makes it much easier to understand what is going on. Also we do not have very many National Wonders. However I am not committed to having them that way. What does everyone else think?

All the Myth buildings can be found in my Subdued Animals folder. I don't have a list at the moment and I need to do some sorting out of the cat ones.

Top Bottom