What needs fixing before we release V34

How are things going anything else that needs to be done before the release??

I just see alot of new stuff planning in the forum but first we should get ready for V34!

How are things going anything else that needs to be done before the release??

I just see alot of new stuff planning in the forum but first we should get ready for V34!

Yeah, we cant release until the "screens" are OK, you cant see anything needed from the top down??

The screen issues, volcano spawns and the stuff being reported a bugs from the testing are all that need doing before the release. Not many people seem to be doing the detailed testing at the moment. I hope to get to the volcano events today or tomorrow. It has been hot again and my machine has been overheating.

has the overflow issue with the properties been fixed ?
Sadly no. We need to work out where to adjust the integers to Long Long's still. It's not the easiest adjustment. I tried a while back but tied myself in a knot and scrapped the project.

Not a bug I personally plan to address before release.

Yeah, we cant release until the "screens" are OK, you cant see anything needed from the top down??
Yeah... workin' on it but I keep getting set back by other things coming up. The unit review is proving more time consuming than I'd expected considering the vast volume of heroes that have been made since I did all the CC structures on units last. I was amazed by how many hours this is consuming! And now I've also got a Promotion Access audit to do for Strike Teams and a possible bug on leader attachment to look into ;)

And this weekend will be a little slower for me as it's our anniversary this Friday.

But I'll do my best to get the hover displays sorted out asap still.

Maybe game Options should be set back for after release. And get the hover displays fixed 1st. Swap your priorities around maybe?

My concern is that these Options are going to become the Stock C2C. And there are many of us who may not want that.

JosEPh

The unit review is done and the Strike Team is a core modification - It's a unit we would've previously considered a criminal but isn't based on crime. Basically a small stealth unit is the point. This includes Ambushers, (Assassins are both criminals AND strike team - rogues aren't because they aren't as potentially military minded), Snipers, Blowgunners, Sharpshooters, Hi-tech Snipers, Special Forces etc...

I just need to go through the promo lists and see what they should be getting that they may have lost out on from the switch from whatever they were before to the strike team they are now.

Also - the bug reports are rolling in as fast as they can be squashed so that's another thing that's been setting me back.

I'm not aiming to make any Combat Mod options core to the game. I've made them options because I understand not everyone will have the same sense of appreciation for my work.

Some animals have a TXT_STRATEGY_HELP tag in their mouse over or something not sure what the tag says as i'm remembering it from memory but it's a bit annoying to see as i Already have problems reading the mouseover,
also sea animals with their Various escape terrains (some making me wonder why it's there, like Marshes) make a list that would fill the screen (working on a screen 1600X900) hiding information in the border of the monitor and above ;)

sorry if this is the wrong place to report it, I'm always kinda lost on where to put what, but i would like it if it's possible to fix before the next version (i really ought to write down what SVN version i am at >.< 6877 i think sorry won't be able to update SVN till the 17th)

Some animals have a TXT_STRATEGY_HELP tag in their mouse over or something not sure what the tag says as i'm remembering it from memory but it's a bit annoying to see as i Already have problems reading the mouseover,
also sea animals with their Various escape terrains (some making me wonder why it's there, like Marshes) make a list that would fill the screen (working on a screen 1600X900) hiding information in the border of the monitor and above ;)

sorry if this is the wrong place to report it, I'm always kinda lost on where to put what, but i would like it if it's possible to fix before the next version (i really ought to write down what SVN version i am at >.< 6877 i think sorry won't be able to update SVN till the 17th)

The Help text was added to animals because people wanted to know what each animal could build rather than looking at the pedia each time. It is very time consuming (and boring) to do and is still changing. I did ask the dll modders if it was possible to get the text automatically in the same way workers do. It is, but it is low priority.

okay thanks for explaining :)

I am having to go back to my Mum's place sooner than originally planned. This means that I wont be around at the end of the freeze, so I can't do the release. Either someone else needs to do the release or the freeze is extended a week or two. Which?

Does anyone have problems with me merging Super Forts into the core for this release? Just the new forts not the towers.

Should the towers only be on if the Realistic Culture Spread option is on?

I'm cool with a delay. I'm finishing up the first round of hover text adjustments but I'd love to have more time to tweak and test it before committing it into the release right away.

Why is the last post so old? I'm still waiting for a rounded version to start a new game.

I am away. This means there wont be a release until I get back. This may be next week or it might be the week after.

Then we need to either get MrAzure or ls612, where ever they are, and upload it to the download place.

Then we need to either get MrAzure or ls612, where ever they are, and upload it to the download place.

Good Luck SO. ls612's new computer is Broken and Mr Azure is in the Gal Civ Universe somewhere out there.

JosEPh

Good Luck SO. ls612's new computer is Broken and Mr Azure is in the Gal Civ Universe somewhere out there.

JosEPh

ahaha yeah my Win 8 broke also, the CPU overheated also, so i took it back, just lucky i found out that Win 9 is due out in Apr-May 2015, so i will wait till then, they said that Win 8 was a HUGE mistake.

Top Bottom