What needs fixing before we release V34

What does everyone else think?

All the Myth buildings can be found in my Subdued Animals folder. I don't have a list at the moment and I need to do some sorting out of the cat ones.

Thats why modular was made, for these type of reasons. To test things to see if they work, then if they do and everyone likes it, it goes into core, if NOT then you can always change it in the modular folder a different way or delete it without being a big deal.:goodjob::thumbsdown::dunno:

Having a them as National Wonders makes it much easier to understand what is going on. Also we do not have very many National Wonders. However I am not committed to having them that way. What does everyone else think?

All the Myth buildings can be found in my Subdued Animals folder. I don't have a list at the moment and I need to do some sorting out of the cat ones.

For now, I agree with Mouse. It would be problematic for any National Wonder limits.

There's a mechanism I'd like to work with you on regarding this - giving storytellers an inventory of 'known tales' that they can learn from one city and travel to another to 'teach' to that city. What you're doing here would so far play in nicely to that. I wasn't planning on doing this for a version or two though. Especially since right now I'm embroiled in so many fixes and balances issues.

Having a them as National Wonders makes it much easier to understand what is going on. Also we do not have very many National Wonders. However I am not committed to having them that way. What does everyone else think?

Why not have them require the Palace? Probably you would want them to be built in the Capital anyway and it won´t fill up your National Wonder slots while still only one can be built in the empire.

@DH:

I saw you Story Buildings. Very cool idea! :goodjob:
So I need the following (correct me if I'm wrong)

1) A "Story of" Building for every Myth. -> Can be build by subdued animals at Taxanomy. Replaces Myth and gives +1 Education.

2) A "Stories of" Building for every Myth. -> Can be build by subded animals at Heritage. Replaces Myth and gives +2 Education. Free Effect-Stories of Building in every City. Can't be build in the same city as Effect-Stories of.

Aren't Taxanomy and Heritage so close together that you'd never build Story of?

Possibly too late' but rather than two separate "Story" buildings for every Myth, could you just have one that gives +1 Education at Taxanomy and a further +1 Education at Heritage?

Possibly too late' but rather than two separate "Story" buildings for every Myth, could you just have one that gives +1 Education at Taxanomy and a further +1 Education at Heritage?

I'd prefer that, too :mischief:

I will first start with all the "Story of the <Myth>" Buildings first, maybe tomorrow except Hydro has a lot more buildings for me.

Existing Myth buildings need to not go obsolete.

How do you adjust a property at a tech?

There are a minimum of 2 Story buildings per myth - the standard building and the pseudo national wonder that gives the building free in all cities. I think there will be a maximum of 25x2 Story buildings for one of the Myth buildings.

How do you adjust a property at a tech?

I think MrAzure got it to work. The conversation in how is here.

So like ...
Code:
			<PropertyManipulators>
				<PropertySource>
					<PropertySourceType>PROPERTYSOURCE_CONSTANT</PropertySourceType>
					<PropertyType>PROPERTY_EDUCATION</PropertyType>
					<iAmountPerTurn>1</iAmountPerTurn>
					<Active>
						<Has>
				   			<GOMType>GOM_TECH</GOMType>
				   			<ID>TECH_TAXONOMY</ID>
						</Has>
					</Active>
				</PropertySource>
			</PropertyManipulators>

Which should translate to "+1 Education at Taxonomy tech". I hope. :please:

Then we could change the Mathematics Academy to give +3 Education at the various Math Techs. And probably other buildings as well! :king:
I think he still hasn't tested if it actually works or is just displayed. I try that once I get home.

We should have been in a freeze by now. So let's start the freeze on 31st Jan for two weeks with the release on 14th Feb. I am not sure that I will be able to do the release from here but we will see.

Freeze 31st Jan - 14th Feb. This means no new content just bug fixes and testing reporting of bugs.

Aim to release version 34 on 14rh Feb.

OK by everyone?

I tested Hydro's code and it works. It actually works ingame as well, so it is not just displayed but actually happens in game :goodjob:

The downside is: It is only displayed on the building, not the Tech. So you would see on your Myth's that they get +1 Education at Taxanomy, but when you hover over Taxanomy (or research it), it is mentioned nowhere. Could you "fix" this? However, this would be a very minor thing.

I think MrAzure got it to work. The conversation in how is here.

So like ...
Code:
			<PropertyManipulators>
				<PropertySource>
					<Active>
						<Has>
				   			<ID>TECH_TAXONOMY</ID>
						</Has>
					</Active>
				</PropertySource>
			</PropertyManipulators>

Which should translate to "+1 Education at Taxonomy tech". I hope. :please:

So can I have two +1 education at Taxonomy and -1 education at Education?

Like...
Code:
			<PropertyManipulators>
				<PropertySource>
					<Active>
						<Has>
				   			<ID>TECH_TAXONOMY</ID>
						</Has>
					</Active>
				</PropertySource>
				<PropertySource>
					<iAmountPerTurn>-1</iAmountPerTurn>
					<Active>
						<Has>
				   			<ID>TECH_EDUCATION</ID>
						</Has>
					</Active>
				</PropertySource>
			</PropertyManipulators>

edit If we are going to use that bug tracker then
1) we need to use it for everything
2) someone will need to make sure that bugs reported on the bugs thread get an entry in it
3) when any one commits a fix to the SVN they will also comment on the tracker that they have
4) when a new version goes out all bugs fixed get closed as part of that release.​

Sorry for the late answer.

I was just trying the bug tracker out but you are right.
Using the tracker like that might be a bit more work to do but it could help to better keep track of bugs and other issues....

Top Bottom