What programming Language?

As I said, Rust is not a lowest-level language. The fact that it needs the LLVM and compiles to an intermediate representation should tell you that. The memory safety is only possible, because the LLVM provides an abstraction of the hardware. And even then, somebody though there is a need for the 'unsafe' keyword.
C compiles into LLVM IR too. LLVM the backend for the clang compiler, which competes with MSVC and GCC. The MSVC equivelent to LLVM IR (the actul language of LLVM) is called Tupples, and GCC's is called GIMPLE. This is not a virtual machine, mearly an optimization language. The fact that a language compiles to it does not make it high level. Quite the opposite, it makes it a native language.

You could writeuse an interpreter for C if you wanted to.
Fixed that for you.

If you ask me (and you shouldn't, because I don't know anything about programming), it doesn't really matter if you learn Python first and then Java, C#, whatever. It's all the same thing really.

I personally would recommend Python rather than any other language, because it's a lot easier to get going with it and make a useful thing. That would encourage newbies to carry on with it, rather than giving up because lol exception.

That's true, the programming language doesn't matter, sort of, as long as you learn programming fundamentals and understand how everything ties in together. Learning syntax of a specific programming language doesn't help you become a better programmer - learning the basics and fundamentals does.

Having said that, it does sort of matter which programming language you start off with - some are good starter languages and some just aren't.

A lot of people make the mistake of focusing on a programming language when they're learning how to code. You focus on the fundamentals instead, the programming language is just a tool you're using - if you have memorized syntax for C++ but don't have a firm grasp on the fundamentals and how things work behind the scenes, you are not going to be a good programmer.

Top Bottom