What questions do you still have?

Personally, I'm going for the latter. One thing that I hated in IV was having to start a game and switch to the editor before creating the map. Of there is an edit mode in game, that would be fine. But of one wants to create a map from scratch, there should be an external editor.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk
I would like the former because it is definitely more powerful.

To me, it's also more convenient, but if they make an external editor where you can runa map script and regenerate it, it could be ok. The way it was one in V ment that testing a map script in game took easily three times as much time as it did in IV because you constantely had to run different programs. I'm not talking about a one-time at start, but of hours lost because map script testing requires a lot of time.

The real drawback of external editor is you can't change the terrain during the game. My daughter did that a lot. Basically, it is impossible to play the game she did with Civ V's external editor (namely: put peaks around various civs at start, let everyone grow, and then take them down).

I would like the former because it is definitely more powerful.

To me, it's also more convenient, but if they make an external editor where you can runa map script and regenerate it, it could be ok. The way it was one in V ment that testing a map script in game took easily three times as much time as it did in IV because you constantely had to run different programs. I'm not talking about a one-time at start, but of hours lost because map script testing requires a lot of time.

The real drawback of external editor is you can't change the terrain during the game. My daughter did that a lot. Basically, it is impossible to play the game she did with Civ V's external editor (namely: put peaks around various civs at start, let everyone grow, and then take them down).

That's why I said that an "edit" mode would be fine. Like I said though, my problem in Civ IV was having to start a game first to be able to edit it. And you couldn't really stop until you had most of it built, because of you exited the editor and there were no civs placed, the game would automatically go too the victory screen. A real pain for building maps from scratch. With an external editor, you can save and come back to later.

I do understand what you are saying, though. Ideally, there will be an external editor, for map building, AND an internal editor, for script testing and touch up. If they make the editors both in the "Game Engine", there shouldn't be a problem with that. Even if the editors are using strategic mode.

Do farms have to be worked to get the housing increase? While a bit hammer expensive it would seem advantageous to farm quite a bit early on to get the cap up even if they cannot be worked.

Ed Beach heavily implied in a very early interview that canals would be incorporated into the game in some way, but we haven't heard a single word about it since then and no-one has asked about it either. Why? Where are my canals?

Ed Beach heavily implied in a very early interview that canals would be incorporated into the game in some way, but we haven't heard a single word about it since then and no-one has asked about it either. Why? Where are my canals?

Maybe a Sumerian Unique Improvement? I think they should be early in the game since they were quite an early 'improvement' in history and if they would be early in the game, we would have seen them.

How does Aztec pre-order bonus work exactly? If you won't pre-order then can AI play as Aztec or is this civ diabled for both a player and AI for 3 months?

How does Aztec pre-order bonus work exactly? If you won't pre-order then can AI play as Aztec or is this civ diabled for both a player and AI for 3 months?
It won't be available for both AI and player until it is "unlocked". I'm not sure how it will work with multiplayer. But then, I don't play much multiplayer.

I suspect an additional benefit of true coastal placement is an early sea trade route... Provided sea routes have more gold/science/food as in V. Could be a nice pre-harbor boost. Also depends on a lot of unknowns though. Have to wait and see I guess.

I realize science gain was equal.

Also means you have sea access without investing in harbor district right away - can focus on industry, science, or a camp.

- Aztecs will most likely behave in the exact same way that Mongolia does in Civ 5, i.e being a free DLC that is seperate from the rest of the game.

- This means that both players will need to have the Aztecs to play it in MP, and will likely mean that you will have an option of disabling the Aztecs at will in MP

- Aztecs will be given to everybody who has pre-ordered the game, and given to everybody who hasn't 90 days after the release of the game.

The most vital question will regarding Religion will Inquisitors be able to kill Missionaries and Prophets?

I would like to know when we get to see proper let`s plays. Not only the first x turns. But musketeers/rifleman battles etc.

Top Bottom