1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

What should we consider as exploits?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Dec 5, 2016.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

There is apparently some sort of training program now available for Rise and Fall. Use of this type program is obviously cheating and is not allowed. Just to be clear. :)

2. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

Training is not allowed? I get that mods are not ok, but training?

3. leif erikson

A training program allows the player to add gold, units, cities or just about anything else at the end of each turn. It is a cheat program really, but it's name is Training Program.

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

uNSPEAKABLY eVIL!!!!

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Or firetuner, you can play with 1000 modern armour units and delete at any time, pretty much anything. I leave firetuner activated in the files as its annoying to turn off but I would never use it.
    I do not really care about being on some board anyway so just ignore my placements, I just play for fun.
    Its not really a training program, more a bug testing I guess.
    upload_2018-2-12_22-56-47.png

6. arthur486

arthur486 Chieftain

Using a cheat program to get ahead on the leaderboard of an online game is just sad :sad:

7. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

Just don't use anything beyond the original files. Sometimes cheats come disguised as graphical or interface improvements and players may not even know that they have an advantage over others.

Monthar likes this.
  8. stefanos85

stefanos85 Chieftain

Is using Magnus + % Production policies such as Limes to Chop a wonder considered an exploit regarding the GotM?

9. leif erikson

Not yet. We are still exploring R&F to see what different things do in the game.

If you use him and those strategies, please include the effects in your After Action report and we can make a decision. Thanks.

stefanos85 likes this.
  10. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

IMHO, I'd actually consider this a key strategy, not an exploit. Basically replaces Monarchy/Limes, but I could do that in every city. Now I have Magnus/Limes, but can only do it in one city at a time and takes 5 turns to move him.

Things like giving away cities to win a religious victory definitely are.

I also don't like the mechanic where one can trade a luxury for large amounts of gold and then declare war. I wish they would change trade so that per turn items could only be traded for per turn items. I try not to do this just because it annoys me it exists, but have attacked soon after one of these trades when I want gold and then a few turns later the AI pops out a roaming settler - to good to pass up.

11. N7 Commander John

N7 Commander John Chieftain

If lump sum gold trades are restricted to Friendship only, then that will fix that issue.

12. stefanos85

stefanos85 Chieftain

Apparently you can abuse Bannockburn by declaring Liberation wars and not actually liberating anything, just peace out after 10 turns and repeat for the rest of the game for double prod.
    How about that?

13. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

When i realized that i said to myself ''whoa i hope it's not the case!''

Fortunately(or not):

Link

But what does it really mean? Can we really do that? or not?

Question: Is it a mod? If yes, impossible to use in mp against other human players. DLC? maybe.

Usually every players must have same stuff excepted DLC to run a game.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  14. Monthar

Monthar Chieftain

This post about exploiting free cities over in General Discussions should be considered as an exploit for gotm games.

15. PontifexMaximus

PontifexMaximus Chieftain

Currently on my way to win a cultural victory on Deity in a non-gotm game. I just wanted to do a fair 1-for-1 great work exchange in order to get a themed bonus and yet the AI is willing to add ALL of his bonus luxuries, ALL of his cash, and ALL of his gpt to the exchange. That's crazy value, I did two of these exhanges for a total of 6k cash + 1300gpt. Does anyone know if this is an exploitable bug or Deity AI "working as intended"? Also, are these trades allowed in gotm?

EDIT: Oh and I was actually denounced by one of these AI so it's not a matter of them liking be/being friends.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    shogun11B likes this.
  16. shogun11B

shogun11B Chieftain

I'm wondering this as well.
    Feels like an exploit to me, but it's one where it would become difficult to establish a ruling on because all trading would come into question.

17. Victoria

As I understand it, the stupid deal only happens on the turn of meeting, is that the case here?

18. shogun11B

shogun11B Chieftain

Nah, you can trade a great book for thousands and hundreds per turn regularly...in all difficulty levels.

19. whacker

whacker Chieftain

While it is true that the AI`s pay a lot for great works, they will always pay everything they have if the piece of great work you want to trade has been generated in the exact same turn you are trading it, which is a bug obviously.

Victoria likes this.
  20. Victoria

That’s what I meant to ask, tx.