What the heck does "linking" the games do?

Eklinaar

Chieftain
I keep reading all this stuff about how making a My2k account "links" Starships and Beyond Earth, but I can't find any information about what that actually means. What happens? I haven't noticed anything.

Given that you own both games and have played them both: Starting either game automatically logs you into My2K (once you set up up an account). By playing either game, whenever you accomplish certain specific Achievements, it will activate a bonus content and/or advantage in the other game for the next time (and thereafter) you play that other game.

Aah, yes, that reference is what I'm looking for. Thank you. I missed that when I looked at that post the first time.

Most appropriate thread to post this.

I've got CBE. I've got Starships. The Main Menu for CBE shows the list of bonuses I've earned from having played Starships. Likewise, the Main Menu for Starships shows the list of bonuses I've earned from having played CBE. HOWEVER, when I start a new game of Starships, NONE of those bonuses activate.

So, how does a player go about activating the bonuses?

i haven't had to activate anything for my bonuses. I have only unlocked a few missions though. I don't see them often, but "New Jerusalem" comes up a few times per game.

The supposed rewards that I've earned are:
Planet types Nirvana, Xanadu, Earth, And Observatory
6 Affinity Hybrids
Missions New Jerusalem, Assembly Required, and The Arena

I've played about 6 games of Starships since I set up the My2K linkage, but NONE of these things have appeared in any of those games.

If you just launch one or two no-stealth torpedoes, the AI seems to be pretty decent at evading them. But if you launch a full spread, the AI doesn't really get the idea of full retreat, so it inevitably gets caught in the blasts.

Obviously, the AI will not try to avoid a stealth torpedo.

Top Bottom