What we can learn from New Vegas and Civ V?

Is Nintendo god?

• Yes, he is a merciful one too, repent sinners!

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Kinda, they do make good/ the best games

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • They are just as good as some other componies

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • No, I'm a casual so I only play non-Nintendo games

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • No, I think playing bland, colourless shooters is fun

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters

Reginleif

Warlord
It is becoming increasingly clear that even for blockbuster games like Civ V and Fallout: New Vegas that developers will release unfinished products to the masses and care little about how well it works.

There is only one solution to this problem that is to stop buying games from poor designers like "Firaxis," "Valve," or whoever makes Fallout (probably Firaxis...) and instead buy games from the one company who cares for you on a personal level, and has consistently provided you with an armory of classic games.

I am of course talking about the great and wonderful Nintendo, the old, old one, he who created the world and who's prophets died for our sins (Mario). Put down your false idols and rejoice in the splendor of the merciful LORD, he who created all forms of game genre.

I can't wait till Diablo 3 comes out with just the Barbarian class and new classes available every 3 months at $14.99 each

Console games and PC games are different and have been for at least a decade. We're not learning anything from Civ5 about "unfinished" games. The same complaint has been said about video games since they could distribute patches online. Hell, people complained about Civ4 being unfinished as well. This isn't a Civ5 issue.

Console games and PC games are different and have been for at least a decade. We're not learning anything from Civ5 about "unfinished" games. The same complaint has been said about video games since they could distribute patches online. Hell, people complained about Civ4 being unfinished as well. This isn't a Civ5 issue.

He who created all video games does not patch those he makes, for they are made perfect because they are his creation. Those who have chosen the path of false prophets suffer from the disease of patches, DLC, 60$ expansions (Halo), unfinished products, and above all else, bland, colourless shooter games, indistinguishable from one another!

Lol @ Valve making poor quality games.

Blizzard is probably the only PC developer who puts out higher quality products, and even then it's close.

When nintendo starts making PC games(read never) this will be a viable topic. As to what we have learned from it.. some people nothing.. others may have learned to quit pre-ordering.. and maybe others learned to wait to buy a game.

It's not like Nintendo hasn't been without flaws either (and certainly not without bugs).

I voted yes, but because my religion implies the worship of a white box with cartridges as offers...:lol: Dunno where i encounter my personal Buddha, maybe reading Lobo vs Santa Claus....:crazyeye:

I love Nintendo, but it's not as if quality loss has'nt applied to their games too, i still remember the day i played mario sunshine, for the first time ever i saw Mario climb a pole without his hands in perfect collison detection with it, in fact he was hovering half a centimetre away from it.

I knew that day Nintendo's quality decision had changed because it was the first time it had ever happened in a nintendo game.

Add to that they are no longer making real mario games, Mario 64 was the last one.

So you worship at the altar of Miyamoto?

"-7: You have fallen on to a heathen religion" :lol:

But seriously, Valve a poor game company? I'm not exactly a fan of their products, but that's definitely news to me. Seriously, did you just say that simply because ciV is on Steam?

Add to that they are no longer making real mario games, Mario 64 was the last one.

Sir this statment is a blasphemy upon my LORD and all of his glory! You need to take off you nastalga goggles and accept these simple commandments:

1. Super Mario Galaxy and her offspring are the greatest games this earth knows
2. Wind Waker is the best Legend of Zelda game
3. PS 3 has no games
4. Ruby and Saphire are better Pokemon games than Red/ Blue, Gold/ Silver
5. XBOX 360 is for casuals or nine year olds who think they are playing good games
6. If it wasn't for Nintendo there would be no Civilization
7. People who like Halo are either have low I.Q.'s or are nine years old
8. Other M was a pretty good game
9. Kittens are soft
10. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is actually kinda fun

But seriously, Valve a poor game company? I'm not exactly a fan of their products, but that's definitely news to me. Seriously, did you just say that simply because ciV is on Steam?

I'd imagine that's why. For some reason all kinds of the strangest beliefs(I refuse to call them ideas) about Steam hold currency on this forum.

I own Civ4 on Steam so :D

It's always the same problem with a new face. We're wired to lump information together and make snap decisions to avoid becoming some animal's lunch and we're inclined to think in groups so that we don't end up being abandoned and starve to death. This sort of instinct can become... tiresome when applied to concepts that exist far outside of this original realm.

Valve's Half Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2....pretty much anything they do end up being some of the greatest games among gamers when they're released. The games they release are so big that their mods end up getting spun-off into games. Garry's Mod and Counterstrike for instance. The Source Engine is used in many games.

Nintendo? Talk about being consistent. Nintendo hasn't done anything out of the box since....ever. They've been floating on LoZ and Mario for over a decade now. Then again, those games are actually very very very very fun. Too bad the Wii itself is mostly shovelware.

There are way too many fanboys in this thread. :rolleyes:

Fallout 3 was GOTY of 2008 and it was competing with the long-standing Grand Theft Auto series. Several of my friends who went out and bought New Vegas or rented it can't stop raving about it.

By the way, the guys who did Oblivion did Fallout 3.

Lol@the idea that any corporation cares for its users on a personal level.

Survey Says said:
I'm a casual so I only play Nintendo games

Fixed for ya. ;)

I have nothing against casual cartoony kids' games, but there's a reason I don't own any Nintendo hardware or software.

Fixed for ya. ;)

I have nothing against casual cartoony kids' games, but there's a reason I don't own any Nintendo hardware or software.

There really isn't anything wrong with casual games provided they're actually fun like most games released by Nintendo are but they will never release anything deeper than Grand Theft Auto: Vice City let alone near anything the size and scope of games he's complaining about.

Nintendo? Talk about being consistent. Nintendo hasn't done anything out of the box since....ever. They've been floating on LoZ and Mario for over a decade now. Then again, those games are actually very very very very fun. Too bad the Wii itself is mostly shovelware.

That is why game componies love ripping motion control and touch screen capibility right? :lol: Also considering both PS3, Xbox 360, and P.C. games are mostly macho, shot-dem-ups, with the idea that any showing of colour leaves the game vulnerable to being called a "homosexual" is also kinda funny :lol:

Lol@the idea that any corporation cares for its users on a personal level.
Nintendo is a personnal god, revealed through the the books of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Kirby. We play these documents to receive guidance in how we should conduct and go about our lives.

Top Bottom