What We Know About Brave New World

Militaristic city-states can still give the Foreign Legion unit. I just started my first game (as France!) and Belgrade had this unit listed.

Not sure if mentioned, but I completed lysistrata by Aristophanes(Great Writer). I didn't see it in the OP so I apologize if it is.

Not sure if this is just implied, but the patronage finisher lets CS gift you merchants of Venice, and if you're not Venice when you get it, you can annex the cities you buy.

The Red Fort: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html#new_buildings

There is no Reformation Belief that allows you to pick a second pantheon. Religious Tolerance is a Piety policy that allows cities with a majority religion to enjoy the benefits of the pantheon belief of the second most popular religion in that city. It does not provide the benefits of that pantheon in other cities (unless that same religion is second most popular in that city as well).
But that effectely means that Byzantium with Religious Tolerance can get 8 since this pantheon of your competitor will work in the cities the pantheon is spread to - just like follower beliefs ;) Besides the beliefs of these beliefs there are no difference to the system.

Ceilidh Hall: +3 happiness, +1 culture, 1 Great Work of Music slot
Is that a new non-unique building?

You don't seem to be able to build casbah on a tile with a resource on it. That might seem obvious to many, but I was pretty bummed to find out I couldn't plop it on an oasis.

What does the Ceidih Hall replace?

New Great Artist - Utagawa Hiroshiga created Evening Shower at Atake and the Great Bridge (within the Demo).

EDIT : Great Writer : Lucian of Samosata created A True Story, Maxim Gorky created Na dne (The Lower Depths) and Bertrand de Bar-sur-Aube created Girart de Vienne (within the Demo).

Hello, fellow fanatics! I made a new test map in the WorldBuilder so that I could catalogue the new promotions available to use and choose when playing the game or building a scenario. Here they are:

Evil Spirits: -10% penalty when attacking; -30% penalty when defending
Enemy Blade: unit takes 20 damage if ending turn in enemy territory
Altitude Training: double movement in hills; +10% combat strength in hills
Buffalo Horns: +1 movement; flank attack bonus +25%; +10% defense against ranged attacks
Buffalo Loins: +10% combat strength; flank attack bonus +25%; +10% defense against ranged attacks
Buffalo Chest: +10% combat strength in OPEN terrain; flank attack bonus +25%; +10% defense against ranged attacks
Armor Plating 1, 2, 3: +25% combat bonus when defending
Exotic Cargo: may sell exotic goods when adjacent to a foreign tile to gain gold and XP based on distance from capital.. but only once
Heroism: unit awards combat bonus to nearby units at if it were a Great General
Full Moon Striker: +1 movement
Heavy Charge: forces defender to retreat if it inflicts more damage than it receives. A defender who cannot retreat takes additional damage.
Exploration: +1 movement and +1 sight
Lightning Warfare: +15% combat bonus when attacking. +1 movement. Ignores enemy zone of control.
Mystic Blade: promotion is replaced with a randomly chosen new promotion after the unit completes its first combat.
Native Tongue: may choose benefit when discovering ancient ruins.
Homeland Guardian: +25% bonus in combat in your territory.
Patriotic War: +15% attack bonus in friendly territory.
Recruitment: heals all damage if kills a non-barbarian unit.
Restlessness: may attack twice. 1 extra movement.
Sapper: when next to an enemy city, other units within two tiles get a 50% bonus when attacking the city.
Skyranger: may paradrop with extended range (40 hexes).
Trade Mission Bonus: +100% more gold and +100% more city-state influence than a normal trade mission.
Spear Throw: before engaging in melee, this unit has an extra attack.
Wolf Pack 1, 2, 3: +25% combat bonus when attacking.
Pride of the Ancestors: +15% bonus in combat in your territory.
Sneak Attack: flank attack bonus increased by 50%.

Hope that this info is helpful! Cheers! :D

Seem that many (all?) of the spoken/splash screen "quotes" have changed which come up when you discover a new technology - anyone else seen this?

The Civilopedia entries for these techs reflect this too.

I can't cross-check them as I don't have a separate install of G&K.

Also - it sounds like the audio files for the City screens have changed (for the better!) - bigger cities sound louder and more varied. I was just comparing my first BNW cities of Jakarta (pop 7) and Surabaya (pop 5) and there's a distinct difference between them that I never heard in G&K. Nice touch :goodjob:

Just a Final reminder, I will be updating this thread later today and then locking it, so if there is any thing that need's to be added or changed now is the time to post it

You don't have to be near the trade unit to plunder it. Just stand on it's trade path and plunder.

Unsure if this is a bug or a new way to gain a promotion... my Scout unit just gained the 'Altitude Training ' promotion after passing over a Snow/Hill hex?

This unit has been over many hills, so could this be an accumulative thing?

The Civilopedia doesn't say anything about gaining this promotion this way.

Attachments

• scout_altitude training.jpg
    scout_altitude training.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 204
Unsure if this is a bug or a new way to gain a promotion... my Scout unit just gained the 'Altitude Training ' promotion after passing over a Snow/Hill hex?

This unit has been over many hills, so could this be an accumulative thing?

The Civilopedia doesn't say anything about gaining this promotion this way.

Units get that promotion when they pass through a hex adjacent to the Mt. Kilimanjaro natural wonder.

Units get that promotion when they pass through a hex adjacent to the Mt. Kilimanjaro natural wonder.

Okay, that makes sense, my Scout just passed Mt. Kilimanjaro two turns before, running away from the Zulu! Thanks! :)

Writers:
Mark Twain - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
D.H. Lawrence - Lady Chatterley's Lover

Artists:
Francisco de Zurbarán - Saint Francis in Meditation

Top Bottom