What will you be doing untill the patch comes out?

CYZ

Toileteer
I know many players are enthusiastic about the patch. I sure am. But as usual, with the knowledge of a renewed game coming soon I can't bare myself to play CiV right now.

So do others have this too? What are you going to do untill the day of release? Keep playing Civ? Play another game?

I'm going to spend more time playing music and will also start up the Denmark scenario. I had saved it specificly for this moment.

Work hard, to get some time play CiV post-patch.

I know many players are enthusiastic about the patch. I sure am. But as usual, with the knowledge of a renewed game coming soon I can't bare myself to play CiV right now.

I can't play a full Marathon game (I only play Marathon), I'm like you, I just can't get into it.
I have a few plans for post patch, and I know I can't completely replicate the game as will be, but I am trying out some early game tech tactics.

GL post patch.

I've got exactly the same feeling.
I want to play the game, but I can't. Which is a bit stupid, but still.

I have the exact same feeling, so I try some unorthodox games.
Right now I'm trying to get a good game out of Autocracy.

I'm trying to finish an old game which I've been neglecting lately; I'm almost at a cultural victory and want to get there before the new patch.

Playing a marathon game with the TBC mod.

Emperor Difficulty. Aztecs. Raging barbs. Large map. 4 opponents. 28 City States. TBC on emperor even with these settings tilted in my favour is more of a challenge than immortal vanilla. Going down the honour policy path & tech is focused on growth and production. Builds are a balance of military and infrastructure. My military is focused on farming XP and culture until leveled for an assault. I'm currently engaged in a skirmishing war with closest neighbour Rome. This war yields extra XP and diverts some of Caesar's production to dead scouts, warriors and archers. But few forces can currently be spared to harass the Roman threat. With raging barbarians in a marathon TBC game, I need 2-3 units devoted full time to clearing barbs in the vicinity of my capitol, and it's only 80 turns in!

Early game is going well, at least compared with my last TBC game. There, I got stomped at immortal doing a hard rex with Gandhi. Montezuma took me out fast - 4 archers and 7 jaguars in no time flat. Just caught me completely by surprise - I hadn't see the AI attack in such force so early before!

Seemed proper to now play as what defeated me last.

But as usual, with the knowledge of a renewed game coming soon I can't bare myself to play CiV right now.

hahaha

and I thought I was the only one.

I've been playing Imperial Splendor (Empire total war mod)

So do others have this too? What are you going to do untill the day of release? Keep playing Civ? Play another game?

I'm going to spend more time playing music and will also start up the Denmark scenario. I had saved it specificly for this moment.
He-Who-Hunts said:
hahaha

and I thought I was the only one.

I'm sure you're not even close to being the only one!:lol: Me, I'm busily reading David Baldacci novels.:crazyeye:

Playing hotseat with some friends

Edit : just noticed that this was the wrong answer

I will be playing call of duty black obs.

I'm the exact opposite from this, I'm getting in as many games as possible in case I'm not as big of fan of the changes. I'm not expecting to not like the changes, but its the only way to convince myself to keep playing at the silly pace I play the game hahaha.... yeah just played a game on Emperor, was tiny with 6 AI.... I went OCC (randomed Egypt) with a few of the AI, I got half the wonders, Persia got the rest. Arabia got way out in front with tech (RA's with me the whole game, never missed a turn), India was second I was third. Once Arabia got on the war path (he completely ignored space race even though he hit Modern while everyone else was still working towards Industrial) it was pretty much over. I was his best bud even though we were neighbors so we went to war with Persia first. I was hoping to get the rest of the wonders but he got the last shot on Persepolis as my troops were unable to do the last damage, he had his infantry do the last 1 damage i left him haha....

It was over after that, lost a time victory, so shocked it was my first game to end that way. He never declared on me an actual ally from start to finish on emperor... How can I not keep playing to redeem myself, no matter what changes are coming!

I just finished a long and epic game, and I plan to to other stuff until the patch mainly so I don't waste too much time. :p

Playing a marathon game with the TBC mod.

Emperor Difficulty. Aztecs. Raging barbs. Large map. 4 opponents. 28 City States. TBC on emperor even with these settings tilted in my favour is more of a challenge than immortal vanilla. Going down the honour policy path & tech is focused on growth and production. Builds are a balance of military and infrastructure. My military is focused on farming XP and culture until leveled for an assault. I'm currently engaged in a skirmishing war with closest neighbour Rome. This war yields extra XP and diverts some of Caesar's production to dead scouts, warriors and archers. But few forces can currently be spared to harass the Roman threat. With raging barbarians in a marathon TBC game, I need 2-3 units devoted full time to clearing barbs in the vicinity of my capitol, and it's only 80 turns in!

Early game is going well, at least compared with my last TBC game. There, I got stomped at immortal doing a hard rex with Gandhi. Montezuma took me out fast - 4 archers and 7 jaguars in no time flat. Just caught me completely by surprise - I hadn't see the AI attack in such force so early before!

Seemed proper to now play as what defeated me last.

Isn't playing Aztecs + Raging barbs + honor change easier? =P Seems fun anyways, but crazy game conditions. :D

I'm planning on playing an Archipelego, Standard speed, ? Size (not sure since only the small sizes are left for achievements), Ottomans.

Honor--> Tradition?---> Commerce---> Autocracy

=)

I'm on a Mac, so the time is hardly nigh for us. I'll see you all on the new patch in September :rolleyes:

What are you going to do untill the day of release?

i'm going to continue to read pointless/groundless/banal <insert your favorite adjective here> posts on what civ/wonder/UU/UA/SP/building/unit/blah/blah/blah will be most nerfed/buffed/OP/UP post patch...:crazyeye:

Top Bottom