1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Would Gandhi Do? - AI Rebalancing Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Sneaks, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Txurce

Txurce Deity

The AI is less likely to war irrationally with VEM - meaning if you have good relations, they aren't ignored nearly as much. An angry AI would be just as likely to nuke you... but I believe one of the modern buildings (Military Base?) offers 50% protection against them.

2. Somohexual

Somohexual Chieftain

Whenever a Civ sends me a trade request or any sort of message the text never loads, I just get a nice UI-free picture of the leader and hear their little voice over. I can easily get out of this by just hitting Esc but it is fairly problematic because I can't trade or do research agreements anymore. :/

Also, for some reason the little introductory messages upon discovering a Civ still work fine.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? D:

Thanks.

3. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon

The original post was last updated on March 2, 2011, so this mod probably doesn't work with newer patches of Civ 5. Either downgrade somehow or find another mod.

Sorry.

4. Txurce

Txurce Deity

This mod has been incorporated into, and updated with, VEM.

5. PR0927

PR0927 Warlord

In VEM or in CiVUP? 'Cause I'm using CiVUP but do not want to enable VEM - hoping I might still be reaping the benefits of WWGD.

6. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Unfortunately for you, it's part of VEM. However, you could try opening the VEM folder, adding it to CivIP, and see what happens. Just be aware that Thal has greatly modified it since Sneaks last worked on it.

7. PR0927

PR0927 Warlord

Ah, damn. Oh well.

- PR-0927

8. ossmobilus

ossmobilus Chieftain

Sounds pretty good. Will download straight away!

I have an idea though, don't know if it's doable... Is it possible to make it so that you form stronger bonds/enmity towards the civs closest to you, within your reach. In later ages I don't really mind, your influence should be global, but I find it very odd when in ancient times I'm asked to declare war/friendship with a civ I don't even know where is. Basically I find it very odd that distant civs would feel anything but indifference towards you with the limited mobility, trade and diplo options that are available early in the game.

EDIT
    Also, how do I make sure it's loaded in the proper order? Looks like it's loading before InfoAddict in my games. Is there a mod manager? Couldn't find one...

EDIT 2
    Actually I can't build anything in my first city with this mod checked. I tried to uncheck InfoAddict to see if the issue got resolved, but it didn't. What did I do wrong?

9. jacktannery

jacktannery Prince

This mod is probably not updated to Gods and Kings and latest patch. Thal incorporates much of this mod in his VEM mod (now UP with G&K) so perhaps check there instead.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=429

10. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

Doesn't work because the last update to this was over a year ago and several major patches, especially 674, have changed the game and broke most mods.

11. ossmobilus

ossmobilus Chieftain

aha... alright, thanks guys

12. Hambil

Hambil Emperor

Is this mod dead? It doesn't load (fire tuner shows a runtime error and failure to load). Sneaks last msg was Jul 25, 2011 02:42 AM...

I know it's been incorporated into CivUp/GEM a long time ago, but it's no longer available (or something like it) stand alone?