What Would Gandhi Do? - AI Rebalancing Mod

The AI is less likely to war irrationally with VEM - meaning if you have good relations, they aren't ignored nearly as much. An angry AI would be just as likely to nuke you... but I believe one of the modern buildings (Military Base?) offers 50% protection against them.

Whenever a Civ sends me a trade request or any sort of message the text never loads, I just get a nice UI-free picture of the leader and hear their little voice over. I can easily get out of this by just hitting Esc but it is fairly problematic because I can't trade or do research agreements anymore. :/

Also, for some reason the little introductory messages upon discovering a Civ still work fine.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? D:

Thanks.

Whenever a Civ sends me a trade request or any sort of message the text never loads, I just get a nice UI-free picture of the leader and hear their little voice over. I can easily get out of this by just hitting Esc but it is fairly problematic because I can't trade or do research agreements anymore. :/

Also, for some reason the little introductory messages upon discovering a Civ still work fine.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? D:

Thanks.

The original post was last updated on March 2, 2011, so this mod probably doesn't work with newer patches of Civ 5. Either downgrade somehow or find another mod.

Sorry.

This mod has been incorporated into, and updated with, VEM.

In VEM or in CiVUP? 'Cause I'm using CiVUP but do not want to enable VEM - hoping I might still be reaping the benefits of WWGD.

In VEM or in CiVUP? 'Cause I'm using CiVUP but do not want to enable VEM - hoping I might still be reaping the benefits of WWGD.

Unfortunately for you, it's part of VEM. However, you could try opening the VEM folder, adding it to CivIP, and see what happens. Just be aware that Thal has greatly modified it since Sneaks last worked on it.

Unfortunately for you, it's part of VEM. However, you could try opening the VEM folder, adding it to CivIP, and see what happens. Just be aware that Thal has greatly modified it since Sneaks last worked on it.

Ah, damn. Oh well.

- PR-0927

Sounds pretty good. Will download straight away!

I have an idea though, don't know if it's doable... Is it possible to make it so that you form stronger bonds/enmity towards the civs closest to you, within your reach. In later ages I don't really mind, your influence should be global, but I find it very odd when in ancient times I'm asked to declare war/friendship with a civ I don't even know where is. Basically I find it very odd that distant civs would feel anything but indifference towards you with the limited mobility, trade and diplo options that are available early in the game.

EDIT
Also, how do I make sure it's loaded in the proper order? Looks like it's loading before InfoAddict in my games. Is there a mod manager? Couldn't find one...

EDIT 2
Actually I can't build anything in my first city with this mod checked. I tried to uncheck InfoAddict to see if the issue got resolved, but it didn't. What did I do wrong?

Sounds pretty good. Will download straight away!

I have an idea though, don't know if it's doable... Is it possible to make it so that you form stronger bonds/enmity towards the civs closest to you, within your reach. In later ages I don't really mind, your influence should be global, but I find it very odd when in ancient times I'm asked to declare war/friendship with a civ I don't even know where is. Basically I find it very odd that distant civs would feel anything but indifference towards you with the limited mobility, trade and diplo options that are available early in the game.

EDIT
Also, how do I make sure it's loaded in the proper order? Looks like it's loading before InfoAddict in my games. Is there a mod manager? Couldn't find one...

EDIT 2
Actually I can't build anything in my first city with this mod checked. I tried to uncheck InfoAddict to see if the issue got resolved, but it didn't. What did I do wrong?

Doesn't work because the last update to this was over a year ago and several major patches, especially 674, have changed the game and broke most mods.

Top Bottom