What Would Gandhi Do? - AI Rebalancing Mod

ok well it didnt show up but then i extracted all the files and placed em in a new folder in the mods folder and it shows up then, so i ticked it but i still dont think its working, the AI still seems to be the same

Hey Sneaks, since it's been a week or so since the patch's release, have you come to any conclusions to what you should change in the next version?

(I remember you said that you need some play-time to decide.)

It's an interesting balance. In my first huge game, one continent (France, China, Mongols, India) only has Mongol-Indian wars. On my continent, the Inca fought the Ottomans and Egypt, and the Iroquois (aggressive this game) DoW'd the Inca (too far away), Egypt (conquest) and then America (almost dead by the time I won). Because the Iroquois waited until later to wage war, the Inca had the continental bad rep.

I'm playing a second huge game right now. On my continent (Bismarck, Isabella, Haroun and Montezuma) the Aztecs are repeatedly DoW'ing Spain and Arabia. Isabella covets my lands, but the Aztecs are keeping her distracted. On the other continent a too-aggressive Mongolia was dogpiled by everyone. Otherwise there's peace as of turn 200.

This is a saner, but still competitive AI. Could there be more war? Sure... I tend to get away with next to no army more than I should, by making sure my neighbors are distracted. But I'm not sure there are enough addressable variables to raise the aggressiveness knob a little - which is all I'd think would be wanted in a mod made to create a "saner AI."

I just played a game on Prince with TBD v4.36, which still included v6 of WWGD. The goal was to see how no bias affected things. There were no wars on my continent (4 civs), and seemingly only one on the other (6 civs), and no denouncements at all.

Hi Sneaks,

Thanks for putting this mod together, I am taking a look through it now and will try it out in game this weekend. Definitely the Diplo AI side needs some significant work from the current state, though 217 was a good step IMO.

Anyway, one question: In GlobalAIDefines.xml you have:

Code:
		<Update>
			<Where Name="AI_DANGER_MAJOR_APPROACH_FRIENDLY" />
			<Set Value="-4" />
			<!--Was 10-->
		</Update>

I looked this up cause I couldn't figure out what it did, and this is what's in the 217 file:

Code:
		<Row Name="AI_DANGER_MAJOR_APPROACH_FRIENDLY">
			<Value>0.0</Value>
		</Row>

Seems like a mismatch, or is there something I'm not understanding?

Hi,
don't know if this have been mentioned, but since last patch DoF and Denoucements last for 50 turns and AI is no longer able to end first at any time. So I think, player should not have option "I'm done with you" anymore too.

2nd - I love happienes changes, but game feels much easier, so you may would like to consider some other tweaks in AI handicaps. Mayby something like workers work rate, so we will not get to large AI armies (they are about to be as big as crasy :p).
Fortunetly for me, I used to play on prince, so I am able to set highier difficulty ;)

Thanks for great work.

Would you mind if I borrowed some of your code? I would like to incorporate parts of it. (I refrain from doing the whole thing because I don't know anythiong about Lua)

Hello again.

One request for your consideration - could you make AI more likely tu hunt for barbarian emcampments for gold?

And, if they don't, could you make them buying things in cities?

Played a few games this weekend and I have to say, this mod has made CiV so much more fun than I've had in a while. It seems like the AI in this is behaving correctly, and though I still get denounced and DoW'd when I'm being an aggressive "emancipator", they come in some semblance of order and for the right reasons.

Played a few games this weekend and I have to say, this mod has made CiV so much more fun than I've had in a while. It seems like the AI in this is behaving correctly, and though I still get denounced and DoW'd when I'm being an aggressive "emancipator", they come in some semblance of order and for the right reasons.

That's right. I recently had an atypical game where I found myself with the lead in the Renaissance era, and very soon was at war with all four of my neighbors. That was a far cry from the usual "leave the little guy alone, unless I really need his lands."

I've got the strangest game today. By turn 20 two leaders insulted me, turned hostile, and then denounced me. They claim I'm trying to win the game in the same way as them and covet my lands. It's sort of weird because I basically haven't done anything yet. :lol:

I'm guessing it's just some extreme outlier on the random dice roles CiV adds to AI behavior, but it's certainly odd. Has someone had this happen before? I've never seen behavior like this so early in the game. I wish we could access the c++ part of the game to figure out what's going on.

Attachments

• Odd AI behavior.JPG
    Odd AI behavior.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 770
I've got the strangest game today. By turn 20 two leaders insulted me, turned hostile, and then denounced me. They claim I'm trying to win the game in the same way as them and covet my lands. It's sort of weird because I basically haven't done anything yet. :lol:

I'm guessing it's just some extreme outlier on the random dice roles CiV adds to AI behavior, but it's certainly odd. Has someone had this happen before? I've never seen behavior like this so early in the game. I wish we could access the c++ part of the game to figure out what's going on.

I've never had that response so early. Other than building nearby - which you probably haven't on turn 20 - there's no reason for it. It probably is an outlier as you guessed.

Playing with the new Germany, I've noticed denouncing chain reactions from becoming top ranked on my continent early on. By the end, of course, there are global denouncements flying, for no good reason. But on the very unusual side, My friend China asked me in the first half of the game to denounce Polynesia, as a request from a friend. I'd never seen this request before, but did so. Soon after China denounced me and then declared war. She was denouncing a lot of people at that point. Then, shortly after I beat her, she asked for a DoF, and remained my friend for the rest of the game - my only one!

I wish it was possible to reduce the amount of randomness in leader personalities. It doesn't make them seem human, just makes them seem ... random! Often times no discernible strategy.

Thal, I had exactly the same thing happening in one of my game. As soon as I was encountering new people, they turned hostile and denounced me. During the classical era, I was at war against the rest of the world...

The given reason was the same: I'm trying to win the game in a similar way.

QDI

dead mod?

Top Bottom