What would you do with this?

Franks

Warlord
Hi all, I just wanted to get your opinions on what you would do with this capital site, that happens to me often that I'm hesitating between production/hybrid/GP farm/science and these kind of city sites makes me hesitate even more. To me it looks like a potentially good prod city, and also a moderate GP farm, and the fact it's my capital always makes me consider the cottage option. Tell me what you think :mischief:

Great, I forgot to post the screenshot :rolleyes: , here it is

Attachments

• rome.JPG
    rome.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 363
thanks. i am not experienced player but if i have that city i will use it as hammer factory. And grow some farms to feed you people.

Capital should be focused on science until you get more cities and turning a potential science city into production is something what you should consider very carefully before like it's in your case. So, coppers gives you enough hammer, cottage grass and floodplains, use corn occasionally for rapid grow, build a library turn 2 citizen into scientist so you can get an academy (50% more science) and I could put one engineer once forge is built. Further on, I could use that forest to chop Great Library and Nation Epic so you are most likely get a lot of GS which can be used for science and you have a little chance of getting Great Engineer as well what's always nice to have. Oxford University could allow me to run even more scientist later.

Looks like quite a hybrid. You have some nice big commerce resources, some flood plains and to top if off a few hills and the required food resources. I don't think there is enough production available however to go down that route and it strieks me as being a little light on the grasslands/flood plains for a GP farm so I guess you go for the commerce/scienec option and use the forests to chop something tasty. Of course this is all dependednt on what yuour other cities end up like. If you have some better commerce sites but no GP farm option then needs must.

It looks like you only have three pop going on four so what I would do is try to work on as many plots that have alot of food and gold until you start getting mad people in your city. And then focus on production and build a army to defend yourself.

If you run your capital as a GP farm then you're not really able to take advantage of the bonuses available to the capital under bureaucracy.

I would say cottage everything, and turn this into a total commerce city; using corn to grow/support scientists and copper/hills for production when necessary.

IMO, you should begin by giving the city a balance. I know specialization is key, but not early on. Give it some farms, give it some river-cottages, mine the hills.

Then figure out what your empire needs. If you have a few good production cities, but lack science, then you know your answer. If what you really need is a GP Farm, then farm everything.

The thing about city improvements is, aside from forests, you can always go back and change it. A city like that will be good at whatever you decide to do with it, but that doesn't mean you need to make that desicion right away.

i would farm teh palce BUT not the resources, id get them for me and not farm them too

Thanks everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it. Since I had plenty of other sites for commerce, I went for a mix of production/GP (with GL) until i whiped 2 AIs and then i switched 100% production and moved the capital to my Oxford city running bureaucracy.

Top Bottom