What's the highest XP (promotion points) you've gotten?

corruptionsucks

Chieftain
I'm pretty proud of my praetorian on AW Noble who got up to 52 promotion points. Besides being a great medic and jungle defender, he also was great against melee, mounted, and gunpowder units. He nearly lasted the whole game, until finally succumbing to an infantry unit. I nearly cried at his demise.

Anyone else have any great unit stories?

52 promotion point??? thats not possible, perhaps u mean 52 experience points?

I had a praetorian earlier today with 101 experience points :) Upgraded to Mech Infantry late in the 21st century, via an upgrade to infrantry first (to save a city).

27 Cossack, It fended off about 10 knights in one turn, it was fun.

36 archer. Could have got much better but i got tired of that game and started a new one.

We played a SG that was heavy on the defence ... thus we had 2 or 3 units over 1000XPs. Here is a picture of one of them with 882. We moved him out of the city when he topped 1000 so that other units could get experience.

That whole scenario was a little contrived to get some big XP guys, but regardless, I doubt anyone can top Robin Hood and his merry men from that SG.

there is another thread somewhere with people posting screenshots of units with experience points easily in the 700-1000 range.

I don't know how anyone does it except in a very contrived game or setup.I don't think it's ever possible to just "happen" in the normal course of a game - you either win or lose before you get anywhere close to these levels. I tried to see how high I could go with a cavalry (later helicoper) and I got somewhere like 80 points, but it took forever because I held him back to only fight high odds (over 90%) so he wouldn't die, but the game ended too soon to go much further.

the key is to build a unit with lots of experience right out of the gate (in one city have barracks, several military instructors, all the key civics, etc) and then attach a great general to give all points to that unit only. that gets you pretty high points right there.

w/o reload, my highest ever was 152xp. my warlord knight w/>99.9% combat odds died at the hand of an injured longbow man, just like my other warlord before him (a cannon) died at a macman.....wasn't feeling lucky.

The way to get a super high unit is on DEFENSE. If you can put a really good defensive unit on a forested hill with suitable promotions (and maybe a fort) and then get lots of units to attach him, he can pick up 1XP per battle and (providing he survives) that can add up to a lot of XPs.

Someone posted a screenshot in the 'funny screenshot' thread of Modern Armour with Drill IV that picked up over 100XPs in 1 turn without suffering a dent.

but how often is anyone on defense realistically? mostly it's the human player who is attacking. BTS might change all that though...

Top Bottom