What's the Story Behind Your Username?

Kyriakos is your actual name? That's a pretty badass sounding name, compared to Joe, Frank, Steve, or whatever.

"What's your name?"
"Bob, and yours?"
"Kyriakos, dark overlord of the grey throne"
"I dont' know what that means, but for some reason I believe you"

+1122

A previous incarnation of myself charged the Petseneg war-wagons that rainy night at Beroe along with Emperor Ioannes B' Komnenos and his varangian guard ;)

Pronounciation link, for the tone at 'o' (monastic) : http://www.forvo.com/word/kyriakos/

(that page has a second wav file, with a 'german' pronounciation (it does sound german) which is for the A tone, but this time the Y is messed up :) ).

Has a few problems (mostly that this person does not say the K almost at all) but other than that you can just replace the tone with the A part. Sadly some peasants pronounce this name not as Kyriakos but as Kyr(gamma)iakos, which is just garbage, but what do you expect from such villagers? :\

Saigon was the capital of South Vietnam and I've always found it to be an "awesome" name, plus I've always been fascinated with the Vietnam War and have studied the topic in depth.

Sadly some peasants pronounce this name not as Kyriakos but as Kyr(gamma)iakos, which is just garbage, but what do you expect from such villagers? :\
"Peasants"? :huh:

More and more you are reminding me of certain members of the Cassadine family on the soap opera General Hospital.

What was the story behind your former username, Varwnos?

"Peasants"? :huh:

More and more you are reminding me of certain members of the Cassadine family on the soap opera General Hospital.

What was the story behind your former username, Varwnos?

Sorry, it was atypical of me to refer to some people as 'peasants' :(

As for Varwnos, it just means Baron. I was younger at the time, and with all the hatemongery of youth.

:jesus:

I think that Theotokopoulos has to be one of the most involved surnames around - "son of the giver of life to he who is God"...

Snerk is the norwegian word for milk skin. (Yummy! :lol:)
I started using it as my first gaming and forum nickname. I sometimes used Sneerk (the nick I joined CFC with) but later went back to Snerk. When signing up to PSN back in the day, Snerk was taken so I went with Snarko, so that became my default gaming nickname. But Snerk is my main forum nickname.

Top Bottom